Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's UCLA

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Guys, they put it to rest in the Tourney on 3-27-15:

https://kenpom.com/box.php?g=5976&y=2015
    Yep idk why ppl dont recall that.

Having beat them once does NOT put that pain to rest. Throttling them by 30 would help though.

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Winning and being smugly indifferent about it would suit me just fine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    Winning and being smugly indifferent about it would suit me just fine.

100%. Bury them.

You said a mouthful. Zags will score 80 or right close to it. UCLA is not going to score 80 especially the way we are playing defense AND they just had their
    big win of the year over Michigan to get into the final four. They will not be as up for the Zags as they will need to be to beat us. Same with Houston v Baylor. An interstate blood bath and the winner will not have an edge coming in to play us.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Having beat them once does NOT put that pain to rest. Throttling them by 30 would help though.
    Absolutely. I don't think I was ever more crushed in a Zag game (including the Wyoming and Nevada and Arizona nightmares). The strip on JP broke me. After that loss, I think I took the longest dog walk of my life. The '15 win against UCLA tempered that pain, but definitely not entirely. I'd love to see a beatdown in the next game. That might bring redemption, finally. I'm glad Ammo is over it, but no one will forget the pain of that game we do not mention.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Absolutely. I don't think I was ever more crushed in a Zag game (including the Wyoming and Nevada and Arizona nightmares). The strip on JP broke me. After that loss, I think I took the longest dog walk of my life. The '15 win against UCLA tempered that pain, but definitely not entirely. I'd love to see a beatdown in the next game. That might bring redemption, finally. I'm glad Ammo is over it, but no one will forget the pain of that game we do not mention.
    Part of the reason it was so bad is you just never know how long it might take to have a team that good again. It was our best shot at a Final Four since many of us became fans. And admittedly it took probably 9 years to have a better chance to get there. But the establishment of our program as a power has certainly helped ease what remains one of the most devastating losses of my sports fandom.

pain still in my body
    as if the knife is still stuck there, by far the greatest painful loss in my life of any sporting event, including all the close losses i suffered as a college athlete. i didn't cry i was in shock, dazed, like the deer that got hit by the car while looking at the car.
    everyone on this board is cocky, too cocky for my tastes, hubris spilling out.
    we can't come out on all cylinders every game, and can't expect to thrash UCLA,
    but it is what I hope, and I hope we win by 35 or more points for Vengeance.
    I mean the odds are in our favor but being cocky bothers me, or assuming a win.
    The players will not be cocky, our coaching staff and the players are too mature to be cocky, every Final Four is a war to the last gasp, and I feel sure we will play it that way.
    UCLA goes in the history books for a century if they beat us again in the Dance, esp. a come from behind in the 2nd half. Now I have revenge on my mind, like Wyatt Earp felt when the court would not indict the Clantons and McLaury's for shooting Virgil and Morgan in the back within one day of their loss at the OK Corral which was more of a fair fight. GRRR. grrrrrr.
    I hope we will whoop them into submission in a fair fight. And restore justice.
    Expect UCLA to play out of their minds, like BYU sometimes gets in a trance against us, and we have to have the steely emotions of a cage fighter when we take the floor with them. Cuz now the whole world expects us to do to UCLA out of the blocks what we did to USC, and that's an attitude Few will not allow that to happen. Maybe I will watch the game with boxing gloves on, like Carl Maxey could put a whippin on the GU opponent. No yapping, barking, guard dog bulldog here. But yes for head low, slow stalk, ears back, enraged teeth showing, Bulldog deep growling about 25 Hz. There! hope I made my feelings clear.

What about beating them twice in the same year? Cause thats what we did in 2014-2015. A 13 point drubbing in Pauly and a decisive 12 point win in the S16. Another victory will be sweet, especially as it puts us in the championship game, but that season exorcised the 06 demons for me.

I think we beat them twice that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
    What about beating them twice in the same year? Cause thats what we did in 2014-2015. A 13 point drubbing in Pauly and a decisive 12 point win in the S16. Another victory will be sweet, especially as it puts us in the championship game, but that season exorcised the 06 demons for me.
    Oops, you beat me to it by 1 minute

i liked jay bilas' response to what has ucla done so well to get into the final four?
    - tongue in cheek he said, 'they've played great free throw defense' (overtime win against alabama who shot 11 of 25, squeaker against michigan were each free throw was crucial and they were 6 of 11)

- all to say ucla has been more lucky than good. also had that overtime win against msu. a free throw here, a single missed shot against msu and ucla could have been bounced out of 3 of their five games.
    - but they have shown resilience in those close games, no doubt giving them confidence.

- what with the high vegas odds, this game must be the epitome of a 'trap game'

I'm not sure what to make of this, but it appears that Cronin's favorite lineup is actually one of their team's least efficient. They actually post a negative number when the starters are in.

Ours looks quite different:

UCLA scored 51 points in 40 minutes in the E8................ZAGS scored 49 in 20 minutes in the other E8 game, against a better, bigger defensive team.

This is really easy math...............

Beat down coming Saturday!!

Go ZAGS

Ucla will slow as long as were not up by 15. Well score 38 in the 1st half just because of the number of possessions. It might be 38-17 though, and as soon as they're forced to go faster we'll get 45 in the 2nd half
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
    Your capacity for forgiveness is admirable and a testimony to a great Jesuit education. I'm afraid I fall short in that capacity. The pain is still visceral. Pray for me. I want to see a bloodbath.

UCLA is playing on house ��. They have nothing to lose that can be dangerous. With that said, we push the pace and continue to play our game and we will be just fine.
    America's Team!

That wasnít enough for me. Suggs for three at the buzzer in OT...

Now itís over.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post

Now itís over.
    Yup, just as heartbreaking tonight for them. We are finally even.

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post

Now itís over.
    +1

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    +1

+2

Did anybody see the bruins crying?
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Yup, just as heartbreaking tonight for them. We are finally even.
    This.

Nope. My obnoxious friends who still, and will forever, tell me that the bruins should have won this game, will forever tell me that this game was fixed
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    Nope. My obnoxious friends who still, and will forever, tell me that the bruins should have won this game, will forever tell me that this game was fixed
    Nobody can say this was fixed. If anything, UCLA got the benefit of many 50-50 calls in the last 5 minutes of this game.