Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Southern Cal - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Default GU vs Southern Cal - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Zags move on to the elite 8 and face USC. How will the Zags fair against the Mobley brothers and the rest of the Trojans?

What are you expecting to see on Tuesday? Hoping to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

86 State of Washington
    69 State of California

Just win baby
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Just had a look at this team's CV. It's not bad but it's not great either. They are playing well when it matters, however.

Talent will out.

81-70 Zags
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

I predict Timme and Kispert will have their best game of tournament. Double Double for both, and Kispert will get at least 5 threes.
    Zags 85
    USC 72

Zags 84-74

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Zags 84
    Trojans 72
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Gu 87-67

88-73 Zags
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Trojans playing hot but if the two reasons your team are going to beat this years historic zags, are “size” and “a zone defense”... I think this years team is far too talented with players who are high major athletes, with nba skill and nba IQ. Not saying usc can’t win, but i would be pretty surprised. It would take a real off night by all our top guys.

Zags 84-69

Trojans 70
    Zags 84

Go Zags - Beat the Trojans!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

76 zags
    66 USC
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Double digit win streak ends... but Zags prevail.

Zags 83
    USC 76
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

91-78

Gonzaga!!!

GU 82
    USC 65

I hope to see a good game from Watson and Timme, and a great game from Suggs and Corey. Limit the turnovers and take advantage of theirs.

Zags - 79
    Southern California University - 69
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

As styles go, this is the worst matchup for GU.

Long defenders that get in passing lanes, shot blocker that changes shots as much as he blocks them, offensive rebounders everywhere. They neutralize our strengths.
    The good news is that are very inconsistent on offense and turnover prone. Their weaknesses are worse than ours.

Whoever hits open looks more, wins.

Zags 82
    USC 72

I want to see them limit turnovers, there were way too many in the Creighton game. USC has size, I expect them to run that zone and double Timme most of the time, which will lead to open looks. Kispert has a huge game and goes for 30+.

Zags 84-73.

Gonzaga 84
    USC 80

Zags opened as 9.5 pt favorites, now favored by 9. O/U is 154.

Zags no longer "live by the three" but they could lose their first of the season if USC continues to make 10 or more 3PFG as they've done in their last two games. Gonzaga hasn't needed the 3 ball the last two games as they relied on superior points in the paint production. Goodwin (6-10), E. Mobley (7-0), I. Mobley (6-10), and Peterson (6-8) could make scoring in the paint difficult for the Zags.

Trojans are shooting well from the field in the tournament: 50%, 57%, and 57%. Their defense has allowed an average of 58 PPG, while GU has allowed 63 PPG.

Former Santa Clara Redshirt SR G Tahj Eaddy chipped in 20 points vs. Oregon and would love to get his first win in five tries against the Bulldogs. Eaddy (6-2) shoots 45% from the floor, 39% from beyond the arc.

Stars shine when the footlights are brightest. Gonzaga's stars need to be brighter than Southern Cal's. I expect a close game and predict GU will make its second stroll down the road to the Final Four.

Zags 83
    Trojans 71

If we take care of the ball, rebound, and are engaged fully on defense we win this game. USC is playing their best, by far, this season but there's a reason averages play out over larger sample sizes. They are at 47% on FG's during the year, and the fact that they've overperformed that three games in a row, is why they've won big. This game is far more concerning than any others we've played in the tournament and it's possible we could lose if we play poorly. I just don't think that will happen.

Zags 81
    USC 77

Hell game.

The NCAA gave USC the dreaded ‘play until midnight’ and ‘play the early game on Tuesday.’ They will have much less time to rest and prepare for the Zags. So, run them out of the gym.

Zags 83
    USC 73

USC is a matchup nightmare for GU. Toughest matchup of the entire tournament. No other team would challenge GU more. I personally believe that this is the real championship game and the winner takes everything the following weekend. USC can bury you quickly and GU, perhaps Baylor, are the only teams remaining that can climb out of the potential hole that USC can put you in. You definitely need offensive burst to keep up with them.

The only matchup of the entire field I would call a toss up for GU. This nail biter goes down to the wire. I expect several late game lead changes. I give the Zags a 50/50 shot. Zags do not win without bringing their "A" game.

If there was ever a time for Suggs to have a signature game, this is it. The freshman doesn't have to take over this game, he just has to completely eliminate freshman mistakes (The ultimate difference of the game in my opinion) and still retain the lottery pick highlights.
    I miss Mike Hart

GU will win.
    No turn over from Jalen, get open take mid range shots please.
    I like to see well balanced attacks from everyone and staying out of foul troubles for Drew n Anton.
    As usual we will win by double digits.

GU 86
    USC 75

Go Zags!