Thread: Congratulations Gonzaga

Default Congratulations Gonzaga

You may be my second favorite team, but tonight the Zags were great. It was clear from the get go. Really balanced effort and Creighton couldn't hit their shots or stop the inside game. I hope the Zags run the table. I think it is fair to say that Mark Few has matured into a really great coach, and there are way too many assassins on the Zags team. Good luck the rest of the way.

Sili

Quote Originally Posted by siliconzag View Post
    You may be my second favorite team, but tonight the Zags were great. It was clear from the get go. Really balanced effort and Creighton couldn't hit their shots or stop the inside game. I hope the Zags run the table. I think it is fair to say that Mark Few has matured into a really great coach, and there are way too many assassins on the Zags team. Good luck the rest of the way.

Sili
    Ciao, bello

Cheers.

Good seeing you, Sili. I've been thinking about you 'cause I know you're a bigger fan of Creighton (also a graduate I believe). I know that you do love Gonzaga though and spent years here posting on this forum. I have missed you, and was hoping you'd drop by and say hi to us. Hope all is well in Italy I believe. God bless you and yours.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Tee hee

I thought Creighton's game plan was foolish. No team can run with GU and we are underestimated on defense. You have to blame the
    Creighton coaching staff for not seeing this. They key is to keep it close and not let GU run. Let them accumulate fouls and get frustrated having to
    play a modified half court offense. This is what Baylor must do if they are to have a chance and assuming both teams make it that far. No trying run with GU,
    it just does not work. And to add insult to injury, Hunter Salis commits to GU and he was Creighton's prize recruit. The last possession with 24.3 seconds to
    go was telling. Creighton just gave up plain and simple and didn't even defend. Haven't see anything like this in a long time. They are a good team though and given
    the right game plan would have kept it a lot closer. Next up is the winner of two seeds that are lower than Creighton, which shows you how upsets can change things.
    GO ZAGS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sheps001 View Post
    I thought Creighton's game plan was foolish. No team can run with GU and we are underestimated on defense. You have to blame the
    Creighton coaching staff for not seeing this. They key is to keep it close and not let GU run. Let them accumulate fouls and get frustrated having to
    play a modified half court offense. This is what Baylor must do if they are to have a chance and assuming both teams make it that far. No trying run with GU,
    it just does not work. And to add insult to injury, Hunter Salis commits to GU and he was Creighton's prize recruit. The last possession with 24.3 seconds to
    go was telling. Creighton just gave up plain and simple and didn't even defend. Haven't see anything like this in a long time. They are a good team though and given
    the right game plan would have kept it a lot closer. Next up is the winner of two seeds that are lower than Creighton, which shows you how upsets can change things.
    GO ZAGS!!!!!!
    You can change a teams dynamics, tendencies and makeup for a single game...creighton does not play like St Mary and difficult to change that for a single game
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Sili
    Turns out, Crow tastes good. I've feasted on it many times myself. Hope you're doing well, Sili.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Thanks, Sili.

Hope we run the table too. I think if a team is going to to beat the Zags this year they’re going to need to control the paint. Not really Creighton’s game.

Please stop in again anytime, always liked your input. I know there can be bit of entitlement to suffer through around here, but with 6 straight sweet 16s in a row, and now with four of those elite 8s or better, I don’t think it can be avoided.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Sili is already done with vespers.

Sili
    Thanks sili,, you've always been a class act. Making it to the Sweet 16 is an accomplishment, and I expect Creighton to turn it into a stepping stone for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Thanks sili,, you've always been a class act. Making it to the Sweet 16 is an accomplishment, and I expect Creighton to turn it into a stepping stone for the future.
    I have always liked Creighton and they have been a part of the basketball discussion/basketball landscape for as long as I can remember. It was a surprise to hear that this was the first time in the Sweet 16 for many years. Zegarowski is a really good player and I generally like their coach.

With another coach perhaps?

Sili
    I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    With another coach perhaps?
    perhaps yes

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    well played....haha

Tummydoc, you just won the internet for March 28th,2021. Congrats.

The Italian American anti defamation boys are gonna come for you, Tum.

Thank God I grew up in the little Vatican and have contacts I can hang low with till the heat's off.

Thank God I grew up in the little Vatican and have contacts I can hang low with till the heat's off.
    Bensonhurst?

I have a buddy with a donkey drawn wagon if you need a discrete lift outta town (covered in straw).

“To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    I have a buddy with a donkey drawn wagon if you need a lift outta town (covered in straw).
    We may need it in the TZF HH. Before our game time was announced, my wife bought tickets to see the Ten Commandments...today, at 1 PM Central. She was not pleased when I asked her to find other family members to join her. When she pressed me how important this was to the family, I further angered her by responding, "umm, the family's going to be with me watching the Zags."

To make a long, sad story short, the only family member NOT in the dog house is the dog.

Take the dog and count your blessing Tex

We may need it in the TZF HH. Before our game time was announced, my wife bought tickets to see the Ten Commandments...today, at 1 PM Central. She was not pleased when I asked her to find other family members to join her. When she pressed me how important this was to the family, I further angered her by responding, "umm, the family's going to be with me watching the Zags."

To make a long, sad story short, the only family member NOT in the dog house is the dog.

But we don't play nobody.

Sili
    Sili, always wonderful to hear from you. Hope the Italian life is treating you well. If you ever make it back out to Napa, the offer of wine tasting stands.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V