Thread: Watson’s Defense in first half is incredible

Default Watson’s Defense in first half is incredible

Watson is playing his a*# off on defense this first half. That’s inspiring to the whole team obviously. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by demian View Post
    Watson is playing his a*# off on defense this first half. That’s inspiring to the whole team obviously. Wow
    Agreed, but he is better than a 25% FT shooter.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

No kidding haha. Come on big man hit those FT’s

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Agreed, but he is better than a 25% FT shooter.
    Perfection is rarely met
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Game flipped when Cook and Watson came in.
    Before that, D was a little suspect.

Nitpicking I know.

That really was an important part of this game. He found good spots to score in the second half, as well, and was ready for the pass. I'm glad he's a Zag. That pass to Watson by Suggs in the lane was my favorite play.

He also made a nice pass towards the end of the game only to have it fumbled by Ballo.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    He also made a nice pass towards the end of the game only to have it fumbled by Ballo.
    That was a beautiful pass. That was also Ballo's season in microcosm. Hopefully it clicks for him next year.

Anton has really upped his game the last couple of weeks. Great to see, knew he had it in him. Another weapon on an already loaded team.

Keep it up young man!!

Go ZAGS

The issue is, what's to become of Ballo. Is he salvagable??? Really. He has been so disappointing so far and all he has to do is look at Timme who is the best offensive center we ever had. Impeccable footwork and moves and he is fearless against anyone. Why can't Ballo do this after watching him day in and day out and playing against him day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by sheps001 View Post
    The issue is, what's to become of Ballo. Is he salvagable??? Really. He has been so disappointing so far and all he has to do is look at Timme who is the best offensive center we ever had. Impeccable footwork and moves and he is fearless against anyone. Why can't Ballo do this after watching him day in and day out and playing against him day in and day out.
    Youthful age not understanding the extra work need? Combined with

No one on one summer work was available due to COVID
    5 weeks during season dealing with injury related issues

Lets see what happens with him after a good summer of coaching and work outs

At this point, I see Ballo being a Rob Sacre type player: big, strong, get postition early and seal, put foul pressure on you, and hit freethrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Youthful age not understanding the extra work need? Combined with

No one on one summer work was available due to COVID
    5 weeks during season dealing with injury related issues

Lets see what happens with him after a good summer of coaching and work outs
    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    At this point, I see Ballo being a Rob Sacre type player: big, strong, get postition early and seal, put foul pressure on you, and hit freethrows.
    Agreed with both of you. I just hope that when that happens, it is for Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Agreed with both of you. I just hope that when that happens, it is for Gonzaga.
    I do too. But will be the young’s man choice and trust in coaching staff and action plan

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaZAG View Post
    Anton has really upped his game the last couple of weeks. Great to see, knew he had it in him. Another weapon on an already loaded team.

Keep it up young man!!

Go ZAGS
    Agreed, he has been a big part of our success in this tourney so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Well, he has Sacre's freshman hands, ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Well, he has Sacre's freshman hands, ha ha.
    Haha. That's probably why I though of it. I feel ok joking about it now because he was such a big part of this team's success... and he's a funny guy who would laugh about it himself, most likely. He was so slow and mechanical early on. And he brought the ball down way too much and gave the little guys a window to strip/tie up the ball. He was the proverbial immovable object by the end of his career who seemed to get more fouls than anyone else I can remember before the catch.

Rob said in his podcase that Gonzaga wasn't even in his top 8 at first. It's pretty crazy to think about. He said that everything the GU staff told came true and it made him a believer. He loves Spokane, too. He's a good ambassador for the program.

Musta been the weather like in France

Gonna be difficult BUT. Still awfully young. This is a free year, he enters next year as a sophomore. IF he stays, he has time to be a Rui, too - bc he has the physical skills.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Gonna be difficult BUT. Still awfully young. This is a free year, he enters next year as a sophomore. IF he stays, he has time to be a Rui, too - bc he has the physical skills.
    He was an acceptable 3 pt shooter in HS. If he brings that back into his game, he could be a definite NBA prospect...especially if he pulls a Kispert, getting better every year until he becomes a complete player.