Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Game Day Gonzaga vs Creighton NCAA 2021 Tourney

Default It's Game Day Gonzaga vs Creighton NCAA 2021 Tourney

Good morning NagNation. It's GAME DAY! The best day of the week. It's 6:50 back there in Washington, and maybe a lot of Zag fans are up now and getting ready for this GREAT GAME DAY. Today we are playing to go into the Elite 8 group beginning tomorrow. This is a very special Game Day. And this is a very special team.

Of course I went to bed thinking about the team, and I think my first thoughts this morning was IT'S GAME DAY, and I began thinking about the team. I know how excited they are to play this afternoon. This is a game they've waited for for a long time. I feel their confidence, and also their humility because they know that "over confidence" never works. They are focused, I am sure.

So get your best Zag gear on, and let's get ready for a really really good game. I can hardly wait to see what happens. Only a few more hours. Have fun!

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Default Beat Creighton

Get it done, Zags. This is YOUR time.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    It's GAME DAY! The best day of the week.
    And the best way to start my day is to read these words.

Wife surprised me with new "WE ARE GONZAGA" T-shirts. Will be wearing them and cheering on this spectacular team.
    GO ZAGS!

Lets go zags!

Let’s get it boys!!!!

I’ll be working with one of my zags shirts on underneath my dress clothes, ncaa March madness app loaded on my computer under my excel sheets, and screaming for all to wonder what I am screaming about in approximately 4 hours

Reborn I want to thank you and all of the other positive posters for a great year. Yes I want to assume four more wins, but I would also like to thank the administration, coaches, trainers, and players for giving all of us a great season. With all of the bad news happening around the world it has allowed me to focus on something positive. Go ZAGS and give us another win today.

Quote Originally Posted by zag67 View Post
    Reborn I want to thank you and all of the other positive posters for a great year. Yes I want to assume four more wins, but I would also like to thank the administration, coaches, trainers, and players for giving all of us a great season. With all of the bad news happening around the world it has allowed me to focus on something positive. Go ZAGS and give us another win today.
    +1 big time, and good morning everyone!

The Pendo jersey comes off the hanger for the game today. Looking forward to wearing it 4 more times this year.

Good mojo...........

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaZAG View Post
    The Pendo jersey comes off the hanger for the game today. Looking forward to wearing it 4 more times this year.

Good mojo...........

Go ZAGS
    Hey, I'll be wearing my Pendo jersey too!

January, February, Gonzaga, April . . .

Some real nice posts this morning. Thanks. Reading them does help me pass the time better on GAME DAY. I do get nervous. It's harder to be a fan than it is to be a player. haha

Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    SWEET................the more the merrier!!

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    January, February, Gonzaga, April . . .
    January, February, Gonzaga, Gonzaga...

If anyone needs me, I'll be pacing back and forth behind the living room couch starting at 11:10 PDST. . .I will be wearing the ratty, paint-stained Zags hoody I have worn for every game this year.

creighton was in top 11 first half of the season,
    spent most of the 2nd half in the teens,
    by far our most powerful opponent in the Dance so far
    by polling metrics anyway, since Oklahoma wasn't given any type of ranking most of the season

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaZAG View Post

Good mojo...........

Go ZAGS
    Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Twins!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Some real nice posts this morning. Thanks. Reading them does help me pass the time better on GAME DAY. I do get nervous. It's harder to be a fan than it is to be a player. haha

Go Zags!
    Bornie, I always look forward to your Game Day posts. I'm nervous already, though I prefer to call it anticpation. I'd really appreciate it if our team gives the Jays a huge dose of reality from the opening minutes. I wasn't that worried against Oklahoma, but our performances up to the first tv time out have been a bit ragged.

I'll be sporting this t-shirt today, it has good vibes.

Big D will be wearing this jersey, of course.

Just want you all to know that I just saw on two of my ex gfs pages a post about the zags sweet 16 game today. Neither knew football from basketball before me. I failed in the relationship, but based on both of their posts, did I really fail? I say not. Iím out here doing Gods work.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Just want you all to know that I just saw on two of my ex gfs pages a post about the zags sweet 16 game today. Neither knew football from basketball before me. I failed in the relationship, but based on both of their posts, did I really fail? I say not. I’m out here doing Gods work.
    So what did they say?

I get so nervous, even though I feel good about today's game and this team. I still start shaking 90 mins before. It's almost like i care too much.

It's not like I cannot watch - it's getting closer - but I have a hard time feeling great until we're up 24 with 4:00 to play.

I've said before a bunch, but bc we win a lot of blow outs, watching any GU game where we're not up double digits feels tied to me, or even down a couple.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    So what did they say?
    "Go Zags" and "ZagUp" with a pic of her in a zags shirt haha

Here is the sweater I have reserved for the final four. Hopefully it does better than the last time I wore it at the Final Four.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Men-s-G...sAAOSwjcVgCGja

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I get so nervous, even though I feel good about today's game and this team. I still start shaking 90 mins before. It's almost like i care too much.
    I'm going out for a walk. Need to calm down. It's still a long way to 11:10.

Quote Originally Posted by GU69 View Post
    I'm going out for a walk. Need to calm down. It's still a long way to 11:10.
    The good thing for me (sort of) is that I work from home and set my own hours, so I can work the two hours before, it's just sh*tty work. But it's better than staring at the clock.

Or even over-worrying here.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    creighton was in top 11 first half of the season,
    spent most of the 2nd half in the teens,
    by far our most powerful opponent in the Dance so far
    by polling metrics anyway, since Oklahoma wasn't given any type of ranking most of the season
    Personally, I don't think Creighton would beat Oklahoma. IMO, Creighton is really lacking on defense, especially down low. I believe that they can not handle Timme one on one so will double him, and that means our shooters need to be on, and of course, Ayayi will find open spots to score down low. I honestly don't see how Creighton can keep us below 80. Arkansas was the highest scoring team yesterday at 72, and Oral Robers is not the best defensive team in the tournament. According to Kenpom they are ranked 220th in the country on defense. No wonder Arkansas got 72, and as far as I could tell it was one layup after another.

In terms of offense I don't really see them scoring more than 67 points. The two teams they played were ranked 145th and 69th, and only scored 63 and 72. Yes they got 72 against Ohio who is ranked 145rh on defense. Gonzaga is much better. I don't see anything really too powerful about Creighton, honestly. Maybe i'm wrong, but the Zags could win by +15. Houston won by +16 yesterday. I'd like to see the Zags beat that number today.

Go Zags!

Default ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    . . . I will be wearing the ratty, paint-stained Zags hoody I have worn for every game this year.
    This used to fit loosely over pads. Even though it's a little snug these days, it's still my "Gamer" for big games ... like today. And GU can come up with all the marketing slogans in the world ... but the front of the jersey says it all in my book.

Edited to add the Pontiff and I below (the snug fit on display with our away jersey in the pic)

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0