Thread: 2021 Recruiting Class

Default 2021 Recruiting Class

I saw a post the other day that questioned our 2021 Class ranking, saying that we should be near #1. When thinking about the class, you have to factor this in when understanding why we may not be ranked that, even WHEN we sign Chet.

1) Ben Gregg is essentially a 2021 recruit that is no longer being counted as 2021 since he joined early. He is a top 50 kid.
    2) Fanbo Zeng will not be ranked in the the 2021 rankings, but most likely will reclassify to 2021. He is a HIGH MAJOR kid who I believe is a top 25 talent.
    3) Kaden Perry is ranked around 50 by a lot of these sights, but if you look on a few independent rankings who arent tied directly to top AAU programs, Kaden is around #20 overall.

For one, I think WHEN Chet signs, we will have 4 future NBA players in this class in Hunter, Kaden, Chet and Fanbo. All four could be first round picks. I really believe that.

Kaden Perry reminds me a lot of Jerico Sims. Huge, super athletic, a developing post game.... with proper development he could be a taller BC. I am very very excited to see his progression. Dunks everything, has crazy hops, and is a rim protector.

Fanbo Zeng--- I cant say enough about how impressed I am with his highlights. 6'9 (and growing), lefty, with hops, a basketball IQ that some college players dont even have, and a great ability to pass the ball. Mark my words-- Fanbo Zeng will be a first round NBA draft pick.

Chet is a unicorn. Basically a smaller Porzingis with much better shot blocking ability and a better handle. 1 and done.

Hunter I could see being a two year guy. Jumper needs to become more consistent, but you cant teach athletic ability and he seems to be a very good defender as well.

Ben could be Killian Tillie-- wouldnt be surprised to see that. And Killian is in the NBA now, so i take it back, maybe 5 nba guys.

This class is the best ever with so much promise and potential. Athleticism, shooting, kids from all over the country (and universe), one kid signed from Spokane camp, one kid who grew up a lifelong Zags fan. This class has it all. Get excited!!

- appreciate your input and opinions

- so when do we lose our next game?

Nice preview Zagfan... We've got some very good bigs coming. I just wish Chet would sign up. Meanwhile I'm wondering how man of our present kids stay with an extra year. I do think we lose, Corey and Suggs. Love Cook, Joel, Nembhard, Strawther and Dom........It's just crazy the potential team next year.

It'll take care of itself but this year is our focus....mine anyway. I hope Few has our defense tuned.

So excited about our potential roster next year... but I am definitely left wondering how the minutes will be distributed. Champagne problems!

I will be the ultimate positive poster on when GU has their next loss. Undefeated this year. Undefeated next year and then a loss the following year. We have had a great run and we should keep it going this year. PS I am hoping that Ayayi, Timms and Nembhard return next year to help my prediction. Go Zags

Quote Originally Posted by zag67 View Post
    I will be the ultimate positive poster on when GU has their next loss. Undefeated this year. Undefeated next year and then a loss the following year. We have had a great run and we should keep it going this year. PS I am hoping that Ayayi, Timms and Nembhard return next year to help my prediction. Go Zags
    To quote meatloaf: "2 outa 3 aint bad"

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Nice preview Zagfan... We've got some very good bigs coming. I just wish Chet would sign up. Meanwhile I'm wondering how man of our present kids stay with an extra year. I do think we lose, Corey and Suggs. Love Cook, Joel, Nembhard, Strawther and Dom........It's just crazy the potential team next year.

It'll take care of itself but this year is our focus....mine anyway. I hope Few has our defense tuned.
    The question that I keep asking (and no one has answered) is when players get to opt in for staying another year, and new players are coming in...How do the 13 scholarships allowed play out? Are teams allowed an extra one or two?

Yes I know that the Zags would (will) have a player or two transfer out, but as that trickles down, sooner or later there will be players, either existing or new, that will simply be discarded. That, in my eyes, is not a good thing to do to young men, to change the rules and ruin their lives.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    The question that I keep asking (and no one has answered) is when players get to opt in for staying another year, and new players are coming in...How do the 13 scholarships allowed play out? Are teams allowed an extra one or two?

Yes I know that the Zags would (will) have a player or two transfer out, but as that trickles down, sooner or later there will be players, either existing or new, that will simply be discarded. That, in my eyes, is not a good thing to do to young men, to change the rules and ruin their lives.
    It’s not going to be an issue for Gonzaga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I was the one who asked that if we get the number one and number six and already have a perhaps underrated top 50, how we could only be listed in the top five. It seems that by numbers, and especially bc Chet might be the top prospect even if he had come out last year, it seems that having this particular "one" and six, immediately puts someone in the top 3 at least.

But, admittedly, recruiting is about which I know the least.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I think I was the one who asked that if we get the number one and number six and already have a perhaps underrated top 50, how we could only be listed in the top five. It seems that by numbers, and especially bc Chet might be the top prospect even if he had come out last year, it seems that having this particular "one" and six, immediately puts someone in the top 3 at least.

But, admittedly, recruiting is about which I know the least.
    Pay little attention to team rankings when it comes to recruiting. It's what the coaches do afterwards to develop these players. IIRC, the Zags have had two top 25 recruiting classes in the last 25 years. The 2016 class was top 15, I believe. That was the class with Rui, Killian, Zach, etc. Last year's class was #6 on 247 sports.

Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post

Is Cook eligible to play next year?

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Is Cook eligible to play next year?
    Yes if he chooses to stay
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    It’s not going to be an issue for Gonzaga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you and yes, I DO know the way to San Jose.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?