Thread: Best Lady Zag Team Ever - Where Does This Year's Team Fit

Default Best Lady Zag Team Ever - Where Does This Year's Team Fit

Now that the Lady Zag season is over we have 7 months before Fan Fest 2021 comes around, I thought it might be of interest to see what team or teams Lady Zag fans thought are the "Best" Wbb teams of "All Time". As a follow-up question, where do you think this year's team fits into the best of all time?

Thanks to Pony and Bigblahla for raising this topic on a different thread.

As when comparing any "past" teams or players, the game is different today than it was 10-20 years ago, so there is not right or wrong answer.

Also, what performance standard (i.e. NCAA Tournament Performance) is most important to one reader, may not be the most important performance standard (Conference & Conference Tournament Champion) to another reader. Does a team living up to or beyond it's anticipated finish have any impact on the best team ever? For example, does a Zag team finishing in the Sweet 16 with 3 future draft picks exceed another Zag team also finishing in the Sweet 16 with no WNBA draft picks.

Also keep in mind that Gonzaga Wbb teams prior to 2012 only had play 14 conference games (as opposed to 18 games today) and did not have to play BYU and Pacific twice in the Conference games and again in the Conference Tournament. Yes, of course, this year's team had to deal with the pandemic, which no other Zag team has ever had to address.

What say you Lady Zag fans, what is the best Gonzaga Wbb of all time to you?

ZagDad

Really hard to argue against the Elite 8 team.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Really hard to argue against the Elite 8 team.
    This is the really easy choice but also had 3 WNBA draft picks on the squad. How about these other teams without quite the star power.

2014-2015 - Overall Record 26-8 - Lost to Tennessee in overtime in the Sweet 16 game in Spokane.

2018-2019 - Overall Record 29-5 - Lost to Oregon State 76-70 in the Round of 32 after losing two starters (Stockton & Townsend) in the WCC Tournament.

2019-2020 - Overall Record 28-3 - Pandemic Cancelled NCAA Tournament. Zags likely would have hosted 1st & 2nd rounds in Kennel with Sweet 16 to be held in Spokane. What could have been.

Just a few options for consideration.

ZagDad

Default Best team

Quote Originally Posted by ZagDad84 View Post
    This is the really easy choice but also had 3 WNBA draft picks on the squad. How about these other teams without quite the star power.

2014-2015 - Overall Record 26-8 - Lost to Tennessee in overtime in the Sweet 16 game in Spokane.

2018-2019 - Overall Record 29-5 - Lost to Oregon State 76-70 in the Round of 32 after losing two starters (Stockton & Townsend) in the WCC Tournament.

2019-2020 - Overall Record 28-3 - Pandemic Cancelled NCAA Tournament. Zags likely would have hosted 1st & 2nd rounds in Kennel with Sweet 16 to be held in Spokane. What could have been.

Just a few options for consideration.

ZagDad
    Vandersloot was a program changing player. She did it all. No way with her with the keys to the car do we turn over 20 times in a game. We need better at the pg position. Will there ever be another Sloot? I don’t know....

Quote Originally Posted by kyle dixon View Post
    Vandersloot was a program changing player. She did it all. No way with her with the keys to the car do we turn over 20 times in a game. We need better at the pg position. Will there ever be another Sloot? I don’t know....
    Yes we do.... Couldn't agree more.... 6' to see over defenses and able to pass over players who have better vertical prowess.

I will never buy into smaller is better, individual players of course but not in general.

Williams is 6'1" train her to run point, let incoming 6'3" Salabien run point. Like the Truongs but against tournament TEAMS we are at a disadvantage as neither are overly athletic, nor is Walker and Scanlon is a turnover waiting to happen. her recruitment is a puzzler, weak handles, no vertical, not quick or fast? Katie and Jesse were not big girls but were really good guards.... Maybe the Truongs will get there but IMO they did not value the ball and make each play important. We have the nucleus of a very good front court, I don't think the backcourt measures up to their level, time will tell.

just my opinion, nothing more....

Go!! Las Zagas!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Just for clarification, of the 20 turnovers against Belmont, a maximum of 7 were made by the pg's and a total of 8 against all guards. The remaining 12 (including 6 by JT) were made by wings and forwards.

As far as No way with her with the keys to the car do we turn over 20 times in a game, well K-11, this year's starting point guard had 3 turnovers against Belmont. CV averaged 3.3 turnovers her senior season. This year K-11 averaged less than 2.2 turnovers per game. Way too much blame is being assigned to the point guard for the turnovers while the majority of the problem this year has been the wings and forwards. The point guard can't do anything about the wings and posts throwing the ball away, even if your name is CV.

ZagDad

I have to go with the Elite 8 team for skill, chemistry, heart, toughness, and a winning mentality.

I agree that we need a big guard, but I also think we need some size (i.e., girth) inside.

Just for clarification, of the 20 turnovers against Belmont, a maximum of 7 were made by the pg's and a total of 8 against all guards. The remaining 12 (including 6 by JT) were made by wings and forwards.

As far as No way with her with the keys to the car do we turn over 20 times in a game, well K-11, this year's starting point guard had 3 turnovers against Belmont. CV averaged 3.3 turnovers her senior season. This year K-11 averaged less than 2.2 turnovers per game. Way too much blame is being assigned to the point guard for the turnovers while the majority of the problem this year has been the wings and forwards. The point guard can't do anything about the wings and posts throwing the ball away, even if your name is CV.

ZagDad
    IMO, I've always considered JT a shooting guard.... same with Walker.... Call them wings but I see the offense as 3 Guards and 2 Forwards. In my view 16 turnovers on Guards and 4 on Forwards.

Just my opinion... nothing more

Go!! Laz Zagas!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    IMO, I've always considered JT a shooting guard.... same with Walker.... Call them wings but I see the offense as 3 Guards and 2 Forwards. In my view 16 turnovers on Guards and 4 on Forwards.

Just my opinion... nothing more

Go!! Laz Zagas!!!
    No Worries.

My comment was in response to statement that with CV we no way have 20 turnovers. CV plays the point, and she can only control the turnovers from the point position. All of the other turnovers, whether they come from the shooting guard, wing or forward she has no control over. For example, If CV played for us against Belmont on Monday, she would have had no control over JT's 6 turnovers.

Way too much blame is given to the Truongs for the turnovers, when in fact, the Lady Zags have 6 players each with over 40 turnovers. That is an average of 1.5 turnovers per game for the Top 6 players on the team. There is more than blame for the turnovers for everybody.

CV has a history of having a lot of turnovers, even in the WNBA. Her assist to turnover ratio is great because of the number of assists she creates, but she still frequently has games of 6-8 turnovers for the Sky.

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by Zaglaw View Post
    I agree that we need a big guard, but I also think we need some size (i.e., girth) inside.
    An interesting statistic. The Lady Zags lost 4 times this year to South Carolina, South Dakota State, BYU and Belmont. The size of the starting guards from each of these four teams?

- South Carolina - Destanni Henderson - 5'7"
    - South Dakota State - Lindsey Theuninck - 5'-7"
    - BYU - Shaylee Gonzales - 5'-10"
    - Belmont - Destinee Wells - 5'-6"

Starting point guard for the Lady Zags is Kayleigh Truong @ 5'9". Not saying a tall guard or point guard is not desired just that the teams that beat us this year did not beat us with a tall point guard.

To be competitive with the vast majority of the Top-20 teams, a larger post player is typically needed. However, once again, of the teams that beat us, only South Carolina had the true athletic, larger post. All of the other teams, the Lady Zags won the rebounding battle, and points in the paint.

Having stated the above, it is never bad to have more height at all positions. The further you move away from the key, the less height becomes a factor. Destinee Wells at a very generous 5'-6" (according to the announcers) seemed to have little problem with Gonzaga's height in the key, out of the key, at the perimeter (you get the point). Skill is more important than height and serious height is more important than body mass. But if you can recruit a skilled player with significant height that has some body mass, you have hit the holy grail.

If you want to see someone who totally does not look the part but is sick with skills, check out Ohio State's point guard.

ZagDad

An interesting statistic. The Lady Zags lost 4 times this year to South Carolina, South Dakota State, BYU and Belmont. The size of the starting guards from each of these four teams?

- South Carolina - Destanni Henderson - 5'7"
    - South Dakota State - Lindsey Theuninck - 5'-7"
    - BYU - Shaylee Gonzales - 5'-10"
    - Belmont - Destinee Wells - 5'-6"

Starting point guard for the Lady Zags is Kayleigh Truong @ 5'9". Not saying a tall guard or point guard is not desired just that the teams that beat us this year did not beat us with a tall point guard.

To be competitive with the vast majority of the Top-20 teams, a larger post player is typically needed. However, once again, of the teams that beat us, only South Carolina had the true athletic, larger post. All of the other teams, the Lady Zags won the rebounding battle, and points in the paint.

Having stated the above, it is never bad to have more height at all positions. The further you move away from the key, the less height becomes a factor. Destinee Wells at a very generous 5'-6" (according to the announcers) seemed to have little problem with Gonzaga's height in the key, out of the key, at the perimeter (you get the point). Skill is more important than height and serious height is more important than body mass. But if you can recruit a skilled player with significant height that has some body mass, you have hit the holy grail.

If you want to see someone who totally does not look the part but is sick with skills, check out Ohio State's point guard.

ZagDad
    VERY interesting statistic. Not very scientific but I noticed the same thing years ago. There seemed to be a “sweet spot” of about 5’7” for a woman’s basketball point guard.

Chelsey in her 2017 class which included Kiana Williams and Chennedy Carter was ranked #9 in a top ten group where the average height was exactly 5’6 1/2”!

There was ONE taller than 5’7”

Something to think about?!

C/O 2017 Prep GBB ESPN PG rankings
    #1 Chasity Patterson# PG# 5'6"
    #2 Chennedy Carter# PG# 5'7"
    #3 Dana Evans# PG# 5'6"
    #4. Kiana Williams# PG# 5'7"
    #5 Anastasia Hayes# PG# 5'7"
    #6 Alexis Morris# PG# 5'6"
    #7 Lindsey Duvall# PG# 5'9"
    #8 Gabrielle Connally# PG# 5'7"
    #9 Chelsey Gipson# PG# 5'7"
    #10 Karissa McLaughlin# PG# 5'7"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. Can we recruit a 5'9", FEARLESS attacker of the basket? It's what's been missing for too many seasons of GU women's Bball. A player quick & athletic enough to beat their defender off the dribble, reach the hoop, and finish! Or, draw a foul, make the free throws, OR, recognizing their path to the basket has drawn a double-team, dish to an open teammate. I know there are candidates out there, but none of current '21 recruits, thus far, fit that slipper.

Default Best Lady Zag Team Ever - Where Does This Year's Team Fit

Quote Originally Posted by upan8th View Post
    Ok. Can we recruit a 5'9", FEARLESS attacker of the basket? It's what's been missing for too many seasons of GU women's Bball. A player quick & athletic enough to beat their defender off the dribble, reach the hoop, and finish! Or, draw a foul, make the free throws, OR, recognizing their path to the basket has drawn a double-team, dish to an open teammate. I know there are candidates out there, but none of current '21 recruits, thus far, fit that slipper.
    Quote Originally Posted by upan8th View Post
    Ok. Can we recruit a 5'9", FEARLESS attacker of the basket? It's what's been missing for too many seasons of GU women's Bball.
    I don’t know if a shorter, faster (3-4) guard centric dribble drive penetration offense is CLF’s “game”. The majority of the players she seems to recruit and go after are of the same body type. (eg the “Wirths”).

Slender 5’10” to 6’2” players. Not that that’s a bad thing? I’ve often heard the saying “you can’t teach height”.

On the other hand you can’t really teach “speed” either. It’s also a “body type”, mostly.

Another problem. is that no matter how great a coach you are, you really can't completely scout out and prepare for this kind of stuff. Especially on (relatively) short notice.

The Zags were forced to play a "read and react" defense, and their height, for the most part, was negated.

Completely logical because this is what you do when you're up against a highly skilled, athletic and taller team? And the Belmont coach played it to perfection.

As I posted during the game he dared the Zags taller (and slower) players to try to match up against his stellar and super fast PG.

When the other team is also shooting decent from the outside, and you're not, that's also a difficult situation to find yourself in. You can't NOT get drawn out the key to defend the three but then you risk your player getting beat to the basket?

The whole reason I put that list together five years ago was during Chelsey's recruitment process, UCLA who was heavily recruiting her mentioned that ONE concern they had was her HEIGHT?

Really?

So I put together the top ten list and emailed it to the Coach. No what really happened was that the #1 PG in the country Patterson threw her hat in the ring at UCLA and they made the decision to go for the #1 PG instead of "only" the #9 PG (AND second highest scorer in the nation BTW, right behind Destiny Littleton.

When we were scheduling official visits, UCLA asked for an official but they were one of the few AP25 schools that hadn't made an official offer? We only were making officials on schools that had offered, Chelsey wanted to stay local...so LMU it was.

Later the Coach from Texas called up Patterson and she decided to STAY in Texas, Chelsey had already committed...so UCLA ended up with Japreece Dean (#28).

It would be something to see, IF the Zags could recruit an elite PG / Floor General to their squad!

Certainly need to improve that PG position, especially in the quickness department

Not to “beat a dead horse” but we’ve got another small/speed PG vs tall/size matchup with c/o 2017 #3 PG 5’6” Dana Evans for Louisville vs Oregon. Same situation yesterday with 5’6” Arie McDonald for AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by CG3Dad View Post
    Not to “beat a dead horse” but we’ve got another small/speed PG vs tall/size matchup with c/o 2017 #3 PG 5’6” Dana Evans for Louisville vs Oregon. Same situation yesterday with 5’6” Arie McDonald for AZ.

Yeah Keith,

A player who can play will have a spot on a team no matter their height. The nation appears to be transfixed on super freshman Caitlin Clark and Paige Bueckers. Caitlin Clark not only plays for Iowa, but she attended high school in West Des Moines, Iowa. During the Stanford vs Missouri State game, the announcers stated that while Caitlin Clark owns most of the scoring records in the State of Iowa, the one record she does not own is the greatest number of points scored in a high school career (5 vs 5). Who owns that record, Missouri State's Elle Ruffridge, all 5'3" of her. She scored 2,951 points in her high school career.

We did not lose to Belmont because of the height (or lack of) or speed of the incredible Destinee Wells. We lost the game for some very obvious reasons:

- The total lack of urgency on behalf of the entire team. From all outward appearances they could have been playing North Alabama in Vegas for all the enthusiasm they played with.
    - Turnovers, 20 of them which led to 25 points for Belmont. The vaunted Zag defense forced 6 turnovers for only 5 points.
    - Lady Zags only scored 28 points in the paint versus 26 for Belmont. We dominated the boards, more than doubling up Belmont. Lack of offensive originality to free up the key for the Bigs to dominate.

It is the chicken little syndrome. We lost to an inferior team in the NCAA, so we have to make major changes to the team, because the current team is not good enough you know because we lost by 5 points.

The team is good enough, they just did not play like it on Monday. If you really want to look for a good reason, ask yourself why the Lady Zags were outplayed for the vast majority of 3rd quarters all year? You might want to look just beyond the players for some improvement.

ZagDad

Default Interesting

Yeah Keith,

A player who can play will have a spot on a team no matter their height. The nation appears to be transfixed on super freshman Caitlin Clark and Paige Bueckers. Caitlin Clark not only plays for Iowa, but she attended high school in West Des Moines, Iowa. During the Stanford vs Missouri State game, the announcers stated that while Caitlin Clark owns most of the scoring records in the State of Iowa, the one record she does not own is the greatest number of points scored in a high school career (5 vs 5). Who owns that record, Missouri State's Elle Ruffridge, all 5'3" of her. She scored 2,951 points in her high school career.

We did not lose to Belmont because of the height (or lack of) or speed of the incredible Destinee Wells. We lost the game for some very obvious reasons:

- The total lack of urgency on behalf of the entire team. From all outward appearances they could have been playing North Alabama in Vegas for all the enthusiasm they played with.
    - Turnovers, 20 of them which led to 25 points for Belmont. The vaunted Zag defense forced 6 turnovers for only 5 points.
    - Lady Zags only scored 28 points in the paint versus 26 for Belmont. We dominated the boards, more than doubling up Belmont. Lack of offensive originality to free up the key for the Bigs to dominate.

It is the chicken little syndrome. We lost to an inferior team in the NCAA, so we have to make major changes to the team, because the current team is not good enough you know because we lost by 5 points.

The team is good enough, they just did not play like it on Monday. If you really want to look for a good reason, ask yourself why the Lady Zags were outplayed for the vast majority of 3rd quarters all year? You might want to look just beyond the players for some improvement.

ZagDad
    Interesting piece in Spokesman today on season review of women’s team. It sounded like there was some dissension in locker room that coaches had to iron out in January. I was unaware of any of this....

ZagDad
    Saw them live in '17 against Oklahoma, and I thought the same of that game. Just appeared lackluster and missing a sense of urgency. If that keeps happening in the post season, that's concerning I would think.

Interesting piece in Spokesman today on season review of women’s team. It sounded like there was some dissension in locker room that coaches had to iron out in January. I was unaware of any of this....
    From the Spokesman-Review:

Tough ending capped a season of perseverance for Gonzaga women
    UPDATED: Sat., March 27, 2021
    By Jim Allen
    jima@spokesman.com
    (509) 459-5437

The ending seemed rather unfair, given all that the Gonzaga women had endured this year. A first-round loss in the NCAA Tournament last week, however, didn’t dampen coach Lisa Fortier’s pride in a season that exceeded expectations. Some might argue that no one knew what to expect – another reason this season was so special.

It wasn’t defined by numbers, although they were special: 17-1 in the West Coast Conference, 23-4 overall and a No. 14 ranking in the final Associated Press poll.

The Zags were No. 1 in the WCC Tournament as well, after a win for the ages over BYU.

For Fortier, the season was defined by grit and resilience, both of which were tested more than most outsiders knew until her postgame interview Monday, following the NCAA loss to Belmont. On top of last year’s abrupt cancellation of the NCAAs and the wobbly start to the new season, the Zags also endured a midseason crisis in the locker room.

“I didn’t know what was going to happen with our team,” Fortier said of the crisis of chemistry in the locker room in January.

“There was a lot of private stuff.”

At that point, “We had a choice there about how to respond to the adversity that our team was facing,” Fortier said. “We had some hard practices and hard conversations.”

They paid off.

GU lost only twice more the rest of the year, capping an incredible four-year run that is the best in program history. Seniors Jill Townsend, and Jenn and LeeAnne Wirth go out with an overall mark of 117-18.

In WCC games, the Zags went 66-5, just off the 53-3 mark compiled by the teams of 2008-11 led by Courtney Vandersloot.

Comparisons fail at that point. Before 2014, programs like Gonzaga could bid to host NCAA Tournament games.
    You can read the rest of the article here: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...verance-for-g/

ZagDad

Yeah Keith,
    The nation appears to be transfixed on super freshman Caitlin Clark and Paige Bueckers. Caitlin Clark not only plays for Iowa, but she attended high school in West Des Moines, Iowa. During the Stanford vs Missouri State game, the announcers stated that while Caitlin Clark owns most of the scoring records in the State of Iowa, the one record she does not own is the greatest number of points scored in a high school career (5 vs 5). Who owns that record, Missouri State's Elle Ruffridge, all 5'3" of her. She scored 2,951 points in her high school career.
    ZagDad
    Me and my best friend were just talking about this. I think the reason is that there was a serious “drop off” if you will, of talent in the prep high school scene since around 2018.

That has now seemed to reversed, as the drop off in skill and talent diminished quickly outside of the top 200 ranked girls. Not so now. I’ll bet the top 400 to 500 of classes 2020/2021 have a ton more depth than in recent years past.

On Gonzaga vs Belmont. Basketball is game of matchups. As a TEAM the Zags matchup very well...against anybody. I don’t think it’s so much “we lost (to an “inferior” team) cause we didn’t play hard” as it is, quite frankly the Zags didn’t play as a team against Belmont. That’s why they lost.

Neither of the Troungs or your other players could match up well individually against Wells, and the other Belmont players individually played to their strength and advantage, and that’s great coaching.

I enjoyed watching the Zags and participating on the Zag board. Chelsey and the LMU crew are all returning next year, unless we lose some more to the dreaded transfer portal that is???!! :/

Don't abandon us to quickly Keith.

I have a couple of topics I am going to post on in the next couple of days but I have to get this damn work off my desk first.

I think you would provide a good, non-biased, review on these topics.

ZagDad

On Gonzaga vs Belmont. Basketball is game of matchups. As a TEAM the Zags matchup very well...against anybody. I don’t think it’s so much “we lost (to an “inferior” team) cause we didn’t play hard” as it is, quite frankly the Zags didn’t play as a team against Belmont. That’s why they lost.

Neither of the Troungs or your other players could match up well individually against Wells, and the other Belmont players individually played to their strength and advantage, and that’s great coaching.
    Poorly worded on my part, of course Belmont is not an "inferior" team and that is disrespectful of me to say. My intent is that in a 3-game, 5-game, 7-game series I honestly think the Zags would win the series. In a one and done tournament, you don't get that mulligan.

I noticed that when any of the Belmont players went to the hoop, ALL of the Gonzaga bigs laid off the dribble drive by 1-1/2 feet or more essentially giving the Belmont player a lane to the basket. Why they did not "punish" the player coming into the lane and to the hoop is beyond me. The Zag bigs had not played like this all year. I am assuming it was a coaching (very poor) instruction to keep the Zag players our of foul trouble or Belmont off the free throw lane. Well it worked, in that no Zag big was in foul trouble and Belmont only shot 14 free throws, the problem is you lost the game. Sigh.

ZagDad

Don't abandon us to quickly Keith.

I have a couple of topics I am going to post on in the next couple of days but I have to get this damn work off my desk first.

I think you would provide a good, non-biased, review on these topics.

ZagDad
    Ha! ZD

I’ll at least be on here through the end of the tournament! And a bit beyond.

I enjoy posting and discussing this stuff because I’m such a huge women’s basketball fan!

Getting more and more difficult though what with school (working on my Computer Science degree), a new startup software company www.facil.ai and a nine month old foster son Anthony (who we’re adopting!

You Zags are great!

Thanks

Getting more and more difficult though what with school (working on my Computer Science degree), a new startup software company www.facil.ai and a nine month old foster son Anthony (who we’re adopting!

You Zags are great!

Thanks
    You work too hard.

I am getting to the part where I am starting to wind down. Just keeping up with my professional development hours is more than enough school for this old man.

ZagDad

Poorly worded on my part, of course Belmont is not an "inferior" team and that is disrespectful of me to say. My intent is that in a 3-game, 5-game, 7-game series I honestly think the Zags would win the series. In a one and done tournament, you don't get that mulligan.

I noticed that when any of the Belmont players went to the hoop, ALL of the Gonzaga bigs laid off the dribble drive by 1-1/2 feet or more essentially giving the Belmont player a lane to the basket. Why they did not "punish" the player coming into the lane and to the hoop is beyond me. The Zag bigs had not played like this all year. I am assuming it was a coaching (very poor) instruction to keep the Zag players our of foul trouble or Belmont off the free throw lane. Well it worked, in that no Zag big was in foul trouble and Belmont only shot 14 free throws, the problem is you lost the game. Sigh.

ZagDad
    Oh I know what you meant. I didn’t take it be disrespectful. The Zags ARE a superior team than Belmont. But sometimes when a team “has nothing to lose” (and everything to gain) they pick those moments to shine.

We kinda had a bit of a Cinderella experience ourselves but physically there’s no way we could play three games in a row and maintain it. That’s what we get for not taking care of business during the season.

It was shocking to me that the Zags lost quite honestly. Especially after the incredible win one of my favorites Jill Townsend had the previous game with that buzzer beater.

Sports is like that. Incredible highs. And like that poor skier that we used to see on the wide world of sports every Sunday “the agony of defeat!”

That’s what makes it all so special.

When my daughter was contemplating NOT playing this year and opting out, due to COVID - I completely respected her decision. Extremely mature and of course her decision to make.

But one thing I cautioned her on is to weight everything very carefully. These are precious moments. And you’re only a 22 year old college D1 scholar athlete once in your life. She’ll never “get” these moments back.

In my own “selfish” way, am I glad she opted to play this year? Of course I am!

#preciousmoments
    #enjoythemwhiletheylast

To this day my favorite basketball experience with Chelsey was when, as a high school freshman, she and senior teammate Jordin Canada took down the #1 team in the nation, Mater Dei against none other than Katie Lou Samuelson. Future teammates the Velasco sisters were also a part of that Mater Dei team!

I’m waiting for something to top that!
    Maybe next year in the WCC and beyond?!

Chelsey #3 had the game high 15 points!

https://youtu.be/zTDvf8k68BI