Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Olynyk got traded to Houston

Default Kelly Olynyk got traded to Houston

For Victor Oladipo
    Not happy for Kelly.. Houston is in a rebuilding mode and may look to just release him or buy him out.

Quote Originally Posted by SageOfZagville View Post
    For Victor Oladipo
    Not happy for Kelly.. Houston is in a rebuilding mode and may look to just release him or buy him out.
    That would allow him to pick a team though.

He'll be an unrestricted free agent in July. Will sign with a team for at least what he's making now (11.5 to 12 mil). He has yet to play for a team that employs his skillset to the maximum affect.

Mavericks made the first mistake by drafting, then trading him. To think he could have been Dirk’s understudy for two years.

KO will be just fine. A pro’s pro, for sure.

While I am a huge Kelly fan the issue for teams is his inconsistency.

Over the last 6 games he scored 18 and 17 points in two game (wins) and then scored 16 in total over the next 4 (all losses).

He is recognised as a great teammate and team-first player but ultimately I think that that is why Miami chose to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    While I am a huge Kelly fan the issue for teams is his inconsistency.

Over the last 6 games he scored 18 and 17 points in two game (wins) and then scored 16 in total over the next 4 (all losses).

He is recognised as a great teammate and team-first player but ultimately I think that that is why Miami chose to trade him.
    as a lifelong rockets fan i love this. we are terrible but rebuilding, and if KO can help that along at all then i'm there for it. even if he can't, watching a zag great suit up in htown will take a little of the sting out of losing so many games. go zags and go rox!

Stevens and Spo are two of the best coaches in the league but I can never quite figure out why Kelly has such a hard time getting consistent minutes. Rockets are a lot less talented than any team Kelly's been a part of so far, so hopefully he can get some time and show what he can do for half a season

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Mavericks made the first mistake by drafting, then trading him. To think he could have been Dirk’s understudy for two years.
    That was my dream landing spot for him. I think he’d still fit in there. The Lakers love GU guys...

Kelly struggles on defense at the most important defensive position in the NBA. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually headed back to the Celtics. Unfortunately his next contract will be somewhere between veteran's minimum and the mid level exception.

Hope Kelly sees all the media tripe saying that the Rockets gave Oladipo away to the Heat "for virtually nothing." That ought to light his fire.

Quote Originally Posted by upan8th View Post
    Hope Kelly sees all the media tripe saying that the Rockets gave Oladipo away to the Heat "for virtually nothing." That ought to light his fire.
    Kelly's been a pro so long, he doesn't need the media to light his fire.

Default Great first game as Rocket

Great first game for Kelly, helping his new team get an emphatic W over the Timberwolves.

The starting Centre (Christian Wood) was out with right ankle soreness so KO stepped in and started.

For someone who hasn't practiced with his new team, 16 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists (3 steals) is pretty decent (+21 in a 22 point win) .

I also heard it said that, even in his first game, he was guiding his teammates on where they should be ...

Obviously a coaching gig would not be out of the question when he finally ends his playing career.

I also think that defensively he brings intangibles (obviously not off-the-charts athleticism).

His BBIQ, footwork and nose for the ball does make him a decent team defender.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    Great first game for Kelly, helping his new team get an emphatic W over the Timberwolves.

The starting Centre (Christian Wood) was out with right ankle soreness so KO stepped in and started.

For someone who hasn't practiced with his new team, 16 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists (3 steals) is pretty decent (+21 in a 22 point win) .

I also heard it said that, even in his first game, he was guiding his teammates on where they should be ...

Obviously a coaching gig would not be out of the question when he finally ends his playing career.

I also think that defensively he brings intangibles (obviously not off-the-charts athleticism).

His BBIQ, footwork and nose for the ball does make him a decent team defender.
    I have seen several Zag bigs do that, over the years. Turiaf and Sacre are two that come to mind.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

https://www.radio.com/weei/sports/ce...k-about-buyout

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dude had a game tonight w/ 25 points.

https://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=401307501

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If at first you don't succeed, try to solve the situation with a spud gun. ~Dwight Schrute~

https://streamable.com/78qxqa

Come on Kelly, that's not how you play defense on Domas

Thanks for sharing J, that was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If at first you don't succeed, try to solve the situation with a spud gun. ~Dwight Schrute~

Interesting comparison... sort of... Kelly's stats since being traded to Houston and Anthony Davis, but Davis has missed a ton of games due to injury.

https://www.facebook.com/TheNBAWorld...7745730513329/

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Interesting comparison... sort of... Kelly's stats since being traded to Houston and Anthony Davis, but Davis has missed a ton of games due to injury.

https://www.facebook.com/TheNBAWorld...7745730513329/

Kelly Olynyk Exceeded Expectations After Trade

May 30th, 2021 at 10:56am CST by Arthur Hill

Kelly Olynyk exceeded expectations as a scorer and playmaker after the Rockets acquired him from Miami in March, writes Jonathan Feigen of The Houston Chronicle. Olynyk will be an unrestricted free agent, but Houston has his Bird rights and a strong interest in keeping him on the roster.

I hope Kelly finds the right team to play with. Don't know if it's Houston, but I hope he continues to have a productive career and be a proud Zags. Stay healthy Kelly and make a ton of money.

That trade was the best thing for his next contract, showed his abilities in a short window in houston.

If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    The first half of that is just confusing.