Thread: Assuming we beat Creighton, who do you want next?

Default Assuming we beat Creighton, who do you want next?

Nothing is a sure thing, and I don’t anticipate these Zags to overlook Creighton. That said, there’s a couple of pretty interesting Pac 12 teams lined up if they beat the Jays. Oregon has a pretty solid crew of guards and wings who can get up and down the court. USC has the size of LMU, but with legit NBA talent. The Zags have been remarkable in outrunning whatever team they’ve played despite typically having a 7 rotation, but I don’t think they’ll be able to simply wear out Oregon. USC has the bigs to potentially frustrate the Zags rim attack while also winning the offensive glass. Could they expose the Zags lack of front court depth? Nothing should be taken for granted at this point, but which team would you rather face if the Zags make the Elite Eight?
    Getting vaccinated isn’t a political issue. It’s a statistical issue of which the evidence of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines are abundantly clear. Staying unvaccinated is denying reality around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Nothing is a sure thing, and I don’t anticipate these Zags to overlook Creighton. That said, there’s a couple of pretty interesting Pac 12 teams lined up if they beat the Jays. Oregon has a pretty solid crew of guards and wings who can get up and down the court. USC has the size of LMU, but with legit NBA talent. The Zags have been remarkable in outrunning whatever team they’ve played despite typically having a 7 rotation, but I don’t think they’ll be able to simply wear out Oregon. USC has the bigs to potentially frustrate the Zags rim attack while also winning the offensive glass. Could they expose the Zags lack of front court depth? Nothing should be taken for granted at this point, but which team would you rather face if the Zags make the Elite Eight?
    I would rather play USC as size has never really scared me. I think Altman is a good coach and their guards/wings are all 6'6 and skilled and can compete in a track meet vs us.

Altman....very good coach....beating Oregon would be a challenge ....might be the best opponent this season.....USC also very good and peaking at the right time..The Conference of Champions ....full disclosure I am a duck and so is Mark.....

Give us the Ducks please.

We've had problems with guys that can defend the rim without fouling and The Mobley's could neutralize Timme.

Both tough opponents for us which you would expect in the EE.

Duck please.....

Oregon all the way, quack quack. USC scares me. Look what they did to KU.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Oregon all the way, quack quack. USC scares me. Look what they did to KU.
    Look what Oregon did to Iowa. Honestly I think either one is going to be a really tough game. I think Oregon has better guard play, so I think they would be the tougher match-up. Going to have to beat some really good teams along the way.

Tough call, but I say give me USC. My reasoning is that their 3-point shooting against Kansas is definitely an outlier game. Without that, I don't see them scoring with us although their defense can be downright scary.

Let the record show that I predicted that one of P12 schools would come out of the bottom of our bracket. For all of this talk of the "re-match bracket" for GU, we won't play anybody we have seen before the rest of the way.

Both the Ducks and Trojans are getting hot at the right time and either one poses real problems for us. However, we pose real problems for either of them too.

That said, give me USC. I'll take my chances with the Mobley bothers over Altman's crew. Chris Duarte is one of the few players I might trade straight up for one of ours at this stage in the dance. Also I'm betting that USC's barrage against Kansas was more of an outlier than Oregon's dismantling of Iowa.

However, the future is not promised and while we as fans we have the luxury of looking ahead, the Zags do not. Beat Creighton.

ZZ

Oregon...by a large margin. We can run with them and only 1 long/big we have to contend with.

USC is an awful matchup. Possibly the worst of any of 15 teams left

Their starting frontcourt guys go:

7'0" 215lbs

&

6'10" 240lbs

Both have a 7'4" wingspan, and are elite shot blockers, rebounder, defenders.

Timme can score on them yet can either Kispert or Timme defend them?

The Next Victims.....

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Preferably Oregon. It would be a fast paced big time game. In the meantime, am nervously awaiting the Zags/Creighton game. Similar styles. I think we are just a bit better in all categories. Still, Creighton a good team, playing with house money.

Looking at both of these teams is give or take for me. Both average 75 PPG and 65 PA. Plus 17PPG and minus 2PA is a good start. Oregon will be faster paced with a smaller line up compared to the slower pace and bigger lineup of USC. I believe the Zags are as balanced as both of them together. Beat Creighton!!

I will think about this after we take care of the Jays.
    America's Team!

Someone said
    Hate this jinx of a thread :-).
    Creighton is only game that matters.
    When I asked the same question. If we say or ask the wrong things on GU Boards, we will jinx Gonzaga and they will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Someone said

When I asked the same question. If we say or ask the wrong things on GU Boards, we will jinx Gonzaga and they will lose.
    If the players are asking these questions, that’s a different story. I’m not worried about jinxing anything as a fanatic yet casual observer. My only gripe is not seeing this team in person!
    Getting vaccinated isn’t a political issue. It’s a statistical issue of which the evidence of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines are abundantly clear. Staying unvaccinated is denying reality around you.

I have always liked Oregon, and they are our friendly neighbors. I've NEVER liked USC; so I'd love to play USC. There would be nothing that would make me feel better than beating them, accept maybe beating UCLA in the Final Four. Both teams (USC and Oregon) are really good and have their strengths. They are very different kinds of teams. Gonzaga can beat both of them; so I'm just going to go with the team that I would enjoy beating the most. USC.

Whoever wins between USC and Oregon is going to be a tough opponent for Gonzaga. And that is just the way it should be in a game that determines who goes to the Final Four. And I'm glad it's going to be a PAC 12 team. Gonzaga has always done well when playing PAC 12 teams, and I believe all Gonzaga fans, and especially the players and coaches, really enjoy beating them. I'm so glad it's worked out that way for us, and again, I hope we get to play UCLA.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Coaching does make a difference and Altman has been there and knows how to succeed ....so does Mark....not sure about Andy...

Beat Creighton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Mrs Enfield.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Mrs Enfield.
    He has had great success in life.....even some as a basketball coach.....