Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Welcome to Gonzaga Hunter Sallis !!!

I think many fans are not recognizing what GU does have going for us. Great coaches and a great system to prepare high level recruits to go pro quickly. GU gets recognition from pro scouts who come to watch our games. Our conference is getting better year by year. We are having about 6-8 top out of conference games and up to 6 tournament games. We also are getting 10 to 13 quality scholarship players plus quality walk ons. Remember games happen 1-2 times a week, but if you are practicing against top players daily you are going to improve if you work on it. These practices plus coaches make a big difference

Quote Originally Posted by zag67 View Post
    I think many fans are not recognizing what GU does have going for us. Great coaches and a great system to prepare high level recruits to go pro quickly. GU gets recognition from pro scouts who come to watch our games. Our conference is getting better year by year. We are having about 6-8 top out of conference games and up to 6 tournament games. We also are getting 10 to 13 quality scholarship players plus quality walk ons. Remember games happen 1-2 times a week, but if you are practicing against top players daily you are going to improve if you work on it. These practices plus coaches make a big difference
    I'll bet their Monday intrasquad games are as fierce as any NCAA tournament game.

ETA: One advantage we have is the tournament experience our coaches have. Being in the bubble obviously presents its own challenges. Our guys are so focused, I think the bubble as been a net positive.