Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Gonzaga Hunter Sallis !!!

Default Welcome to Gonzaga Hunter Sallis !!!

So the word is still that Hunter Sallis announces for Gonzaga on Friday the 26th? What a blow to Creighton I’d imagine. Confirm?

And as an aside to the above comment

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    So the word is still that Hunter Sallis announces for Gonzaga on Friday the 26th? What a blow to Creighton I’d imagine. Confirm?
    Jazz from reading the post on this subject in another thread of course, the statement was on 19 March that Sallis would announce next week (21-27 March) but on what exact day I wouldn't know...Friday is as good a guess as any...IF he did announce next Friday for GU then that would be a blow to Creighton and of course several other schools too...

Also how accurate are all those "Silver Balls" are they 100% accurate of like me picking the daily-double at Del Mar (which i have done before and won)...

Suggs should stay another year and play with his buddy Chet. Sallis is tremendous and Creighton is doing everything to keep him in Omaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Jazz from reading the post on this subject in another thread of course, the statement was on 19 March that Sallis would announce next week (21-27 March) but on what exact day I wouldn't know...Friday is as good a guess as any...IF he did announce next Friday for GU then that would be a blow to Creighton and of course several other schools too...

Also how accurate are all those "Silver Balls" are they 100% accurate of like me picking the daily-double at Del Mar (which i have done before and won)...
    “I got a horse right here, his name is Paul Revere....”

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Suggs should stay another year and play with his buddy Chet. Sallis is tremendous and Creighton is doing everything to keep him in Omaha.
    Agree a million. Suggs can use the seasoning. Not that he won’t get rich this year. But the last two thirds of the year we’ve seen cracks in his overall game. And an ungodly amount of patience on the part of Few.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Doc, you mean your alma mammy has that dark money out again? Fool us once.....

Definitely Friday. It’s his 18th birthday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OSACrusad...189188/photo/1

“I got a horse right here, his name is Paul Revere....”
    Does he have speed? Once in the lead, does he hold on? Can he run on a muddy track? Is his jockey Eddie Desormeaux(?)?

I was pretty successful back in the day but all my jockeys retired and don't know the trainers now either...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Does he have speed? Once in the lead, does he hold on? Can he run on a muddy track? Is his jockey Eddie Desormeaux(?)?

I was pretty successful back in the day but all my jockeys retired and don't know the trainers now either...lol
    I’m an Arcaro guy.

I’m an Arcaro guy.
    I'll meet your Arcaro and raise you a Pincay, Jr.!
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    I'll meet your Arcaro and raise you a Pincay, Jr.!
    Johnny Longden?

You guys know that, technically, the horse is the one running, right?

I suspect we'll have a lot of guys running next year. Ultimately, these kids all want to make massive money (I would) and ultimately some of that has to do with stats and some of it has to do with not being a d**k, and Few is just getting nothing but more famous for developing both of those things.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I did read an article the other day that was supposedly quoting Hunter as saying he was announcing his school of choice on his birthday, which this Friday. Perhaps him and Chet will spring some good news on the same day? (Fingers crossed)

for my birthday I would like commits from Sallis and Chet, and Jalen announces he stays with his buddies to get a Nat'l Championship before going pro..
    wait ... pinch, pinch
    am I dreaming..?..

Agree a million. Suggs can use the seasoning. Not that he won’t get rich this year. But the last two thirds of the year we’ve seen cracks in his overall game. And an ungodly amount of patience on the part of Few.
    Logical choice given projected lottery pick status is to go pro and I’d of course continue rooting for him 100%, but I agree w you Suggs has areas to improve upon and would love to see him do it as a Zag alongside Holmgren, Salliis et al: ball handling is not elite and it needs to be to excel in NBA as a PG; 3pt shooting; decision making; how to drive to the hoop and finish without fending off w his forearm
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Logical choice given projected lottery pick status is to go pro and I’d of course continue rooting for him 100%, but I agree w you Suggs has areas to improve upon and would love to see him do it as a Zag alongside Holmgren, Salliis et al: ball handling is not elite and it needs to be to excel in NBA as a PG; 3pt shooting; decision making; how to drive to the hoop and finish without fending off w his forearm
    ...and he can improve upon all those things while collecting generational wealth rather than come back to GU and blow an ACL and lose it all. Rule #1 is get the money first. Rule number 2 is don’t forget to get the money first.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Then he and Chet could be 1-2 in the draft in ‘22. But 2% chance he stays. Enjoy his last four as a Zag.

One of the impaneled Wags called Suggs the best PG in the tournament after Monday’s win, not sure which one said it. He is as good as gone

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    One of the impaneled Wags called Suggs the best PG in the tournament after Monday’s win, not sure which one said it. He is as good as gone
    I think it was Barkley. That kind of statement sure sounds like his phrasing.
    Bonjour tristesse.

Then he and Chet could be 1-2 in the draft in ‘22. But 2% chance he stays. Enjoy his last four as a Zag.
    There is no way on earth I would stay in his position. I wouldn't be mature enough to even consider it.

But more than anything, the NBA is perfectly willing to let you develop all that talent with them. They don't need a star at 20, they need a star at 24-30.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    It was the Jet, not a bad pg himself at UNC and Archbishop Molloy high school... many weekends I’d watch him and his cousin Kenny Anderson go one on one at Lost Battalion Hall in Queens

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    It was the Jet, not a bad pg himself at UNC and Archbishop Molloy high school... many weekends I’d watch him and his cousin Kenny Anderson go one on one at Lost Battalion Hall in Queens
    You're right. Barkley said the elbow should have been a flagrant 1.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Jalen was one and done the minute he set foot in Spokane. He's done nothing to dissuade me from that opinion. He's going to be a star at the next level.