Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Gonzaga Hunter Sallis !!!

Welcome Hunter, your choice says a lot about your values.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Very nice kid. Hunter will be a great kid and student for us at GU. He’ll fit in nicely. Jays are heartbroken we snagged him. Nembhard’s little brother should make up for it. If Drew stays and Kaden is as strong as I think. And if Chet heads our way, we’ll be in fine shape. Guards here are Uber solid. Few and team have done a superior job.

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...o-zags.341728/

Wow. Thanks for asking about a link. I'm now able to at least "read" their Board ... having been BANNED there earlier this season.

And fwiw I probably deserved the "banning" (ie I would have banned something similar from an opposing fan here).

Earlier this season (they were about 4W-9L at the time) a game ended (maybe 5 seconds left) when a UK player knocked an opponent into the 3rd row with a cheap shot, blind side shove. My egregious post was "Didn't you guys used to be 'Kentucky'? Shameful."
    What a $ hit show.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    What a $ hit show.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    While that is true, it is pretty amazing no one is really bashing the Zags. That in itself is a refreshing change of narrative.

How amazing to hear that a recruit like Hunter would reach out to our program. So excited to watch this young man play for Coach Few.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Kind of an out there question---does GU send committed recruits any swag such as GU wear after a commit? Can they under the byzantine and often baffling rules of the overlord of college sports-our beloved and benevolent (benevolent kind of like the Red Queen of Wonderland fame) NCAA?

Welcome Hunter!

You deserve a new thread!
    Go Zags!!!

The people that think otherwise are dreamers or worse. If you can go top 5 NBA draft you are not even thinking about anything other than going pro. And this is why he choose Gonzaga. Few is one of the two college coaches on the USA Select Team. Only two from College make it. And the Zags run an offense which is as close to the pros as possible. Run and Gun. This is why they lead Div 1 in scoring three years in a row. Now if you were a top guard isn't this the school you want to be at to prepare you for the Pros?? And I am sure the work with him intensively. That John Stockton (A NBA hall of fame guard) is here doesn't hurt either and I am sure he works with him and Gonzaga is a truly unique school where the former players, even those in the NBA, come back here and play together and against the regular team. Never heard of a school that does this. Lets throw another Kudo our way. Few is unique in that he tries to work the one and done type players he recruits with older players and in this regard is a past master at acquiring transfer talent and developing them too. Cant say enough about him

Quote Originally Posted by sheps001 View Post
    The people that think otherwise are dreamers or worse. If you can go top 5 NBA draft you are not even thinking about anything other than going pro. And this is why he choose Gonzaga. Few is one of the two college coaches on the USA Select Team. Only two from College make it. And the Zags run an offense which is as close to the pros as possible. Run and Gun. This is why they lead Div 1 in scoring three years in a row. Now if you were a top guard isn't this the school you want to be at to prepare you for the Pros?? And I am sure the work with him intensively. That John Stockton (A NBA hall of fame guard) is here doesn't hurt either and I am sure he works with him and Gonzaga is a truly unique school where the former players, even those in the NBA, come back here and play together and against the regular team. Never heard of a school that does this. Lets throw another Kudo our way. Few is unique in that he tries to work the one and done type players he recruits with older players and in this regard is a past master at acquiring transfer talent and developing them too. Cant say enough about him
    Four years ago, shortly after Big D finished his "class" with Corey Kispert, a player familiar to me was shooting FT's. Eric McClellan was back on campus after finishing a season in Greece. I went over to him and asked, "what brings you back to GU?"

His answer spoke volumes: "I came back to get my head right." As a fellow alum, I knew exactly what he was talking about. Gonzaga is a special place with special people.

I checked twitter first thing this morning to get the news, but I'm late to the welcome party - Welcome, Hunter!!! We are happy as fans to have you and look forward to seeing you in a Zag uniform!

Now, a word of advice to anyone who has never done it... DO NOT start reading any Zag-related threads on the Kentucky board (especially the one called, "Gonzaga's Recruiting"). Your head will hurt from the arrogance and stupidity of some of their posters.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Welcome to GU, Hunter! Thrilled to have you coming on board.

As to the UK thread, that's 1000 times worse than anything we ever had over on the OCC. While I sometimes miss it, all in all, it's been a good change. I can't imagine having to wade through all of that garbage to discuss hoops.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    "If Gonzaga gets Chet Holmgren they'll be among the top 5 nationally"

Huh.

If one gets number 1 and six, I'd like to meet the team that gets 2 and 5, or 3,5, 9, or - whatever. Top 5 is just fine.
    We also got Perry, and Gregg. Who in the world had a better class ? Oh I forgot we play in the WCC so we couldn't possibly have a top recruiting class, according to the big boy worshipers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    We also got Perry, and Gregg. Who in the world had a better class ? Oh I forgot we play in the WCC so we couldn't possibly have a top recruiting class, according to the big boy worshipers.
    Plus it sounds like Fanbo Zeng is likely to come in 2021 as well.
    Getting vaccinated isnít a political issue. Itís a statistical issue of which the evidence of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines are abundantly clear. Staying unvaccinated is denying reality around you.

Go Zags
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Plus it sounds like Fanbo Zeng is likely to come in 2021 as well.
    The ceiling just seems to be going up for Fanbo. The best of the incoming group? It's not as crazy as it sounds.

Welcome to the Zag Fam! Love his game. New era for Gonzaga with more one and domes giving us a look, possibly 3 in 2 years - we will see how Few manages and keeps the culture strong.

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    Ya, take our worst political thread this year (that was locked) and multiply that by a stupid factor of 10, and you get what is happening over there. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but at least I know not to go all in on my ignorance on the internet.
    Amen. A reminder to all of you who bash recruits here, apparently they're watching: https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...8/post-9733606
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...o-zags.341728/

Wow. Thanks for asking about a link. I'm now able to at least "read" their Board ... having been BANNED there earlier this season.

And fwiw I probably deserved the "banning" (ie I would have banned something similar from an opposing fan here).

Earlier this season (they were about 4W-9L at the time) a game ended (maybe 5 seconds left) when a UK player knocked an opponent into the 3rd row with a cheap shot, blind side shove. My egregious post was "Didn't you guys used to be 'Kentucky'? Shameful."
    Welcome Hunter!

Here is one post from the Kentucky board:

"Kentucky replaced North Carolina as the cool school.

Then Duke replaced Kentucky.

And now Gonzaga has replaced Duke.

The days of Kentucky being the cool school are now as distant as they were in the mid-late 2000s. Itís past time to adjust, in many ways."

Welcome Hunter! This is an exciting time for us avid Zag fans as you take the next step in your basketball career. You truly made the right choice, but be ready, because the Kennel gets loud...very loud!!! Best ccb fans in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Amen. A reminder to all of you who bash recruits here, apparently they're watching: https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...8/post-9733606
    Parents watch these boards, too. Case in point: Megan Timme. After the A&M game, I introduced myself to her, and let her know what my handle is. Her immediate response was, "I liked the scouting report your wrote on Drew."

Sallis has excellent size for the perimeter, with long limbs and a 6-10 wingspan. He is a high-end fast-break finisher who can find his way to the rim and produce. His pull-up jumper is another viable option for him to score. He is a threat as a driver, and his passing vision off penetration is evident as he can move the ball or make the assist. He plays from a triple-threat position with terrific footwork and effective dribble moves.
    https://www.espn.com/recruiting/bask...nzaga-bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Parents watch these boards, too. Case in point: Megan Timme. After the A&M game, I introduced myself to her, and let her know what my handle is. Her immediate response was, "I liked the scouting report your wrote on Drew."
    The first time I ever heard of Drew Timme was via your post.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    I checked twitter first thing this morning to get the news, but I'm late to the welcome party - Welcome, Hunter!!! We are happy as fans to have you and look forward to seeing you in a Zag uniform!

Now, a word of advice to anyone who has never done it... DO NOT start reading any Zag-related threads on the Kentucky board (especially the one called, "Gonzaga's Recruiting"). Your head will hurt from the arrogance and stupidity of some of their posters.
    Please link specific thread. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by GUDAD2020 View Post
    Welcome Hunter! This is an exciting time for us avid Zag fans as you take the next step in your basketball career. You truly made the right choice, but be ready, because the Kennel gets loud...very loud!!! Best ccb fans in the country.
    And a warm welcome to whoever you are, fine sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!