• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GonzagasaurusFlex
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Agree a million. Suggs can use the seasoning. Not that he won’t get rich this year. But the last two thirds of the year we’ve seen cracks in his overall game. And an ungodly amount of patience on the part of Few.
    Logical choice given projected lottery pick status is to go pro and I’d of course continue rooting for him 100%, but I agree w you Suggs has areas to improve upon and would love to see him do it as a Zag alongside Holmgren, Salliis et al: ball handling is not elite and it needs to be to excel in NBA as a PG; 3pt shooting; decision making; how to drive to the hoop and finish without fending off w his forearm
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• adoptedzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
      Logical choice given projected lottery pick status is to go pro and I’d of course continue rooting for him 100%, but I agree w you Suggs has areas to improve upon and would love to see him do it as a Zag alongside Holmgren, Salliis et al: ball handling is not elite and it needs to be to excel in NBA as a PG; 3pt shooting; decision making; how to drive to the hoop and finish without fending off w his forearm
      ...and he can improve upon all those things while collecting generational wealth rather than come back to GU and blow an ACL and lose it all. Rule #1 is get the money first. Rule number 2 is don’t forget to get the money first.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
        Then he and Chet could be 1-2 in the draft in ‘22. But 2% chance he stays. Enjoy his last four as a Zag.

Comment

• Birddog
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

One of the impaneled Wags called Suggs the best PG in the tournament after Monday’s win, not sure which one said it. He is as good as gone
          Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
          Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
          All mimsy were the borogoves,
          And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• Mantua
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
            One of the impaneled Wags called Suggs the best PG in the tournament after Monday’s win, not sure which one said it. He is as good as gone
            I think it was Barkley. That kind of statement sure sounds like his phrasing.
            Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• DZ
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

Then he and Chet could be 1-2 in the draft in ‘22. But 2% chance he stays. Enjoy his last four as a Zag.
              There is no way on earth I would stay in his position. I wouldn't be mature enough to even consider it.

But more than anything, the NBA is perfectly willing to let you develop all that talent with them. They don't need a star at 20, they need a star at 24-30.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mantua View Post
                It was the Jet, not a bad pg himself at UNC and Archbishop Molloy high school... many weekends I’d watch him and his cousin Kenny Anderson go one on one at Lost Battalion Hall in Queens

Comment

• willandi
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mantua View Post
                  It was the Jet, not a bad pg himself at UNC and Archbishop Molloy high school... many weekends I’d watch him and his cousin Kenny Anderson go one on one at Lost Battalion Hall in Queens
                  You're right. Barkley said the elbow should have been a flagrant 1.
                  Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Jalen was one and done the minute he set foot in Spokane. He's done nothing to dissuade me from that opinion. He's going to be a star at the next level.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                      You're right. Barkley said the elbow should have been a flagrant 1.
                      I'm sure the refs will be looking for it here on out.

Comment

• 23dpg
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

He will announce tomorrow at 7am pacific time.
                        Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• hooter73
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jun 2008

Agree a million. Suggs can use the seasoning. Not that he won’t get rich this year. But the last two thirds of the year we’ve seen cracks in his overall game. And an ungodly amount of patience on the part of Few.
                          i do agree, but we are better when he is on the court. For every cringy freshman mistake, he has a wow moment to balance it out.

Comment

• 77Zag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Aug 2007

So when does Bol Kong arrive on campus?

Go Zags - Beat the Blue Jays!
                            “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jun 2007

Looking forward to tomorrow. One thing I am interested in seeing is how sallis’ commitment affects Dom. This is just a guess and I could be completely wrong, but the Harris family I imagined would see Dom play quite a few minutes his freshman year, and definitely get a ton of run year 2. Both Dom and hunter are not true point guards, rather combo guards. If sallis comes, and AN or AC return, I don’t see a world where dom starts. He is then at best 7th or 8th man? I imagine Julian would be first of the bench or Watson if he doesn’t start. That’s not even factoring in a transfer guard coming in which this offseason will be full of good ones.

I love dominics potential. I just hope he will be allowed to show it.

Comment

• Gonzdb8
                                Professional Zag Fan
                                • Feb 2007

can't agree with any of you who think he should return, although from a very selfish perspective i've love to see him back for another run next year. he is as nba ready as just about any player in the draft. he's going to be a top 5 pick and is going to get paid. i also suspect that working with nba coaches, trainers, and players will help him polish whatever mistakes/flaws some of you see in his game. the only thing a return to college does for him is put him at risk of injury. this is of course all academic because he is leaving and can't imagine anything changes that.

Comment

Working...
                                X