Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Gonzaga Hunter Sallis !!!

Hybrid View

Default Welcome to Gonzaga Hunter Sallis !!!

So the word is still that Hunter Sallis announces for Gonzaga on Friday the 26th? What a blow to Creighton I’d imagine. Confirm?

And as an aside to the above comment

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/

Suggs should stay another year and play with his buddy Chet. Sallis is tremendous and Creighton is doing everything to keep him in Omaha.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Suggs should stay another year and play with his buddy Chet. Sallis is tremendous and Creighton is doing everything to keep him in Omaha.
    Agree a million. Suggs can use the seasoning. Not that he won’t get rich this year. But the last two thirds of the year we’ve seen cracks in his overall game. And an ungodly amount of patience on the part of Few.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Agree a million. Suggs can use the seasoning. Not that he won’t get rich this year. But the last two thirds of the year we’ve seen cracks in his overall game. And an ungodly amount of patience on the part of Few.
    Logical choice given projected lottery pick status is to go pro and I’d of course continue rooting for him 100%, but I agree w you Suggs has areas to improve upon and would love to see him do it as a Zag alongside Holmgren, Salliis et al: ball handling is not elite and it needs to be to excel in NBA as a PG; 3pt shooting; decision making; how to drive to the hoop and finish without fending off w his forearm
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

i do agree, but we are better when he is on the court. For every cringy freshman mistake, he has a wow moment to balance it out.

Money talks,but he really does need another year to really get ready for the big's out there in the n.b.a.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Doc, you mean your alma mammy has that dark money out again? Fool us once.....

Definitely Friday. It’s his 18th birthday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OSACrusad...189188/photo/1

So the word is still that Hunter Sallis announces for Gonzaga on Friday the 26th? What a blow to Creighton I’d imagine. Confirm?
    Jazz from reading the post on this subject in another thread of course, the statement was on 19 March that Sallis would announce next week (21-27 March) but on what exact day I wouldn't know...Friday is as good a guess as any...IF he did announce next Friday for GU then that would be a blow to Creighton and of course several other schools too...

Also how accurate are all those "Silver Balls" are they 100% accurate of like me picking the daily-double at Del Mar (which i have done before and won)...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Jazz from reading the post on this subject in another thread of course, the statement was on 19 March that Sallis would announce next week (21-27 March) but on what exact day I wouldn't know...Friday is as good a guess as any...IF he did announce next Friday for GU then that would be a blow to Creighton and of course several other schools too...

Also how accurate are all those "Silver Balls" are they 100% accurate of like me picking the daily-double at Del Mar (which i have done before and won)...
    “I got a horse right here, his name is Paul Revere....”

“I got a horse right here, his name is Paul Revere....”
    Does he have speed? Once in the lead, does he hold on? Can he run on a muddy track? Is his jockey Eddie Desormeaux(?)?

I was pretty successful back in the day but all my jockeys retired and don't know the trainers now either...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Does he have speed? Once in the lead, does he hold on? Can he run on a muddy track? Is his jockey Eddie Desormeaux(?)?

I was pretty successful back in the day but all my jockeys retired and don't know the trainers now either...lol
    I’m an Arcaro guy.

I’m an Arcaro guy.
    I'll meet your Arcaro and raise you a Pincay, Jr.!
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

One of the impaneled Wags called Suggs the best PG in the tournament after Monday’s win, not sure which one said it. He is as good as gone

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    One of the impaneled Wags called Suggs the best PG in the tournament after Monday’s win, not sure which one said it. He is as good as gone
    I think it was Barkley. That kind of statement sure sounds like his phrasing.
    Bonjour tristesse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    It was the Jet, not a bad pg himself at UNC and Archbishop Molloy high school... many weekends I’d watch him and his cousin Kenny Anderson go one on one at Lost Battalion Hall in Queens

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    It was the Jet, not a bad pg himself at UNC and Archbishop Molloy high school... many weekends I’d watch him and his cousin Kenny Anderson go one on one at Lost Battalion Hall in Queens
    You're right. Barkley said the elbow should have been a flagrant 1.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    You're right. Barkley said the elbow should have been a flagrant 1.
    I'm sure the refs will be looking for it here on out.

Zag trajectory is high.

He reportedly will make his announcement tomorrow on Sportscenter at 10am EST. I know what I’m doing while drinking my morning coffee. This would be pretty fantastic.

https://twitter.com/paulbiancardi/st...556278785?s=21

There is going to be an unprecedented shuffling of rosters next season which makes any type of predictability futile. We have to let the player transitions run their course and see where the dust settles before getting the slightest hint of determining who the winners and losers of the roster wars are. I have to believe, however, that it is only going to make the strongest institutions stronger.

Regardless.....GU sustaining a status as the top team in the nation, from the very beginning and all the way to the sweet sixteen, guarantees that GU will be one of a few coveted destinations for the unprecedented multitude of skilled players entering the free market. In other words, Mark Few could not have chosen a better year to have a historically great team. It boggles my mind how lady luck always seems to smile for this man. Always in the right place at the right time, doing the right things.

Here is the honest truth. Few is going to have to reject players of a skill and talent level that all of us would have coveted as a game changing addition less than a decade ago.

He has already gone through the era of evaluating 2nd tier players and typically landing the top of that tier. He is now approaching a Calipari level of player evaluation. In other words, sifting through the cream of the crop, where the hardest decision isn't who you should invest the most time in, but who can you agonizingly let go of. The modern era of college hoops has taught us one thing: Player evaluation has never had to be more on point. Just look at Roy, K, and Calipari this season to know how thin the margin for error is. Fortunately for us, there may not be a better talent evaluator in all of college hoops than Mark Few.

I never, ever thought that GU would be on this level.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    There is going to be an unprecedented shuffling of rosters next season which makes any type of predictability futile. We have to let the player transitions run their course and see where the dust settles before getting the slightest hint of determining who the winners and losers of the roster wars are. I have to believe, however, that it is only going to make the strongest institutions stronger.
    For GU I see Arlauskas and Zarkov transferring, probably close to 100% certainty for both. They could easily get minutes on another program and will likely remain buried on the depth chart for the foreseeable future. The dark horse transfer for me would be Ballo. I know some people would say no way that happens, but there have been a lot of surprises so far with players entering the portal. Imagine if we land Chet and Kessler, Ballo might not see a real role for himself next year. In normal years where a player has to sit out I'd say 100% he stays, but the prospect of being able to play immediately after you transfer is affecting a lot of people's decisions. I hope for Ballo's sake that he realizes that GU is a fantastic place to grow as a big man and while it's possible he might not get good minutes next year, I could easily see him play a big role his junior year if he continues to progress.

I agree that the shuffling is probably going to end up just making the strong stronger. Could be some teams completely stacked with top transfer talent. If I'm right about Arlauskas and Zarkov, along with possible Timme + Ayayi leaving for the draft (Ayayi more likely than Timme but both possible), then we will probably be one of those teams really taking advantage of the transfer market.

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - It’s a week that’s been in the making for years, as Hunter Sallis announces where he will play college basketball. That will happen tomorrow morning while he simultaneously celebrates his 18th birthday.

As a five-star guard and a top ten recruit, he has his choice of the top programs in the country. Hunter narrowed his list down to North Carolina, Kentucky, Gonzaga, Creighton, Iowa State, Kansas, Oregon, and UCLA.

Hunter will make the announcement at 9 a.m. and you can see it live on wowt.com. Sallis comes into this off a Millard North state championship. A thrilling overtime game against Bellevue West, one that many consider to be one of the best games in state history. Hunter led all scorers with 25 points playing every second of the game.