View Poll Results: If GU gets to Final Four, which team would you like to see?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • #1 Michigan

11 19.30%
  • #2 Alabama

2 3.51%
  • #4 Florida State

5 8.77%
  • #11 UCLA

39 68.42%

Thread: Final Four

Default Final Four

If Gonzaga gets to the Final Four, which team would you like to see from the East?

#1 Michigan
    #2 Alabama
    #4 Florida State
    #11 UCLA

UCLA, Michigan, Alabama, Florida State in that order....if we win the West of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point the road through is going to be USC/OR, then UCLA followed by Oregon State. The Pac 12 has sold their soul to the devil.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

The West Region appears the toughest road to the FF, followed by the East, South, and Midwest. Baylor & Houston appear to have the easiest paths to the National Semi-Finals.

Agree ? Disagree ? Beat Creighton ?

- i'd go straight chalk, ucla, florida st., alabama then michigan.

- but i think oregon or usc will be tougher than either ucla or florida st.

Revenge for Morrison’s final game.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    The West Region appears the toughest road to the FF, followed by the East, South, and Midwest. Baylor & Houston appear to have the easiest paths to the National Semi-Finals.

Agree ? Disagree ? Beat Creighton ?
    Agreed. And Houston is a paper tiger.

The USC game against Kansas was very reminiscent of how they completely obliterated BYU. I mean the USC vs BYU game was every bit as frightening to witness as the Kansas game.

Which means the Kansas game wasn't an outlier for USC, but an indicator. A repeatable performance.

Of all the teams left in the field, I fear USC or Oregon the most, and it isn't even close. Not even Baylor scares me as much because GU could ride out having Timme sit the late first half with two fouls against Baylor. Absolutely not against Oregon or USC. They would destroy any version of "small ball" that GU could throw up against them. They both have the combination of length, shooting, and athleticism that could really put relentless pressure on Timme to keep up and someone else on the GU squad is going to have to exceed expectations to match up. There isn't a simple fix like putting Cook's defense on Oklahoma's Reaves (to relieve foul pressure on Suggs). This is a length issue that is going to put Timme on an island because there is no way that Joel Ayayi is going to effectively rebound against those two teams. Further, after watching Oklahoma block the snot out of Watson, what do you think the Mobley brothers would do? This week, the staff needs to drill Watson on getting his post shots up much quicker. There cannot even be a fraction of a second delay. And if Drew gets in foul trouble against SC or UO, it is all she wrote.

I feel that if GU wins the West regional final, they will have already largely conquered the demon necessary to take home the championship trophy. In other words, I believe the championship game (for GU) is really the West Regional final and whoever survives that is my prohibitive favorite to take the whole thing. Regardless if USC (or Oregon) ends up winning the title, they only have to defeat GU once, and they are the most likely candidates to do it.

I will be shocked if GU doesn't obliterate Creighton by 20 so there is that going for them.
    Last edited by MickMick; 03-23-2021 at 12:03 AM.
    I miss Mike Hart

Hate this jinx of a thread :-).
    Creighton is only game that matters.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Hate this jinx of a thread :-).
    Creighton is only game that matters.
    I agree, I'm not thinking any farther ahead than Creighton.
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

So glad this thread didn't jinx Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNation View Post
    So glad this thread didn't jinx Gonzaga.
    LOL, I was having to "knock on wood" every time I said something favorable to the Zags today.

If UCLA wins tonight, I will blame this thread because most people picked UCLA.

Yep, this thread jinxed Michigan. All those picks for UCLA...