Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Walker Kessler transfer

Default Walker Kessler transfer

I know this one was listed in the general transfer thread, but I have a feeling he is going to need his own thread soon.

https://247sports.com/college/north-...ram-162865948/

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    I know this one was listed in the general transfer thread, but I have a feeling he is going to need his own thread soon.

https://247sports.com/college/north-...ram-162865948/
    Whoah. I thought people were joking about this as a possibility.

Very very good possibility.

I have a little mini scoop here.. I posted in the other thread but got some new information today. Someone in the know at Auburn, basically a Caldwell of sorts there, is saying Gonzaga is leading for Kessler.

Edited to add, this guy had Kessler transferring several weeks ago, before I had seen it anywhere else. So he's been right before. Take that as you will.

Nice
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Here's what I know.

Of all the McDonalds All Americans recruited by GU that have later transferred to Gonzaga (ie Micah Downs, Kyle Wiltjer, Nigel Williams - Goss, Andrew Nembhard ... Andrew was not McD but WAS a "Jordan" All Star) ... Walker Kessler was the closest to coming straight out of high school. Plans had actually been made to have a family member move to Spokane before he signed with the Tar Heels. That doesn't mean he's coming now ... but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he did.

One other note vis a vis transfers. There HAVE been times that high profile players ... i.e. Stars ... have someone associated with them "reach out" ... "under the radar" to Mark or Tommy about "their guy" transferring. These guys were never on the transfer portal but they DID test the waters with the Zags. Recognizable names (and a couple NBA stars). If the "fit" isn't there from Gonzaga's perspective then nothing happens ... and the public is never made aware of the conversation.

Suffice it to say ... from the high school, International and transfer perspective the future remains bright at Gonzaga.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

IMO, if Gonzaga wants him, his people want Gonzaga.

Soooo...what is the deal here then? Redshirt? Or does the covid year grant immediately eligibility next year? If he comes in next year able to play right off the bat, what does that say about Holmgren?

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Soooo...what is the deal here then? Redshirt? Or does the covid year grant immediately eligibility next year? If he comes in next year able to play right off the bat, what does that say about Holmgren?
    Holmgren has nothing to do with this. Chet will be outside more on offense anyway.

If anything he'd be backing up Timme instead of Holmgren I think.

His 'per 40' numbers look great. Timme vs Kessler:

I’m wondering about strikenowhere’s ? too: Covid year gives additional year of eligibility but a traditional transfer like Kessler would still have to sit out a year, right?
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

"The NCAA is expected to approve a one-time transfer waiver that will allow immediate eligibility for players."

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...250117249.html

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/freshm...ball/19588226/

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    You know this is a "Family Board!"

But imo it is still funny but then again I'm an ex-sailor and we don't no no better...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    You know this is a "Family Board!"

But imo it is still funny but then again I'm an ex-sailor and we don't no no better...
    She has TP stuck to her shoe and he wants to tell her.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

He's thinking, "Dang, I should have gone on my official visit!"

He's thinking, "Dang, I should have gone on my official visit!"
    Take as many official visits as you can before you settle down with one school.

I would piss my pants if I was an opponent watching game film and seeing a frontline of Chet, walker and timme.

I guess a backcourt of Nembhard, sallis and Harris with strawther on the wing is okay too.

He has been very unhappy since early December and started his departure plans then. I’ve heard he felt mislead in his recruitment as to how he would be used and the covid issues only fueled his unhappiness. I believe he will commit to Gonzaga next week because Timme is headed to the NBA next year.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    He has been very unhappy since early December and started his departure plans then. I’ve heard he felt mislead in his recruitment as to how he would be used and the covid issues only fueled his unhappiness. I believe he will commit to Gonzaga next week because Timme is headed to the NBA next year.
    Timme is gone?! Well that’s news. I guess if he is fine being a second round pick. Wait do you mean like play one more year for the zags or this is timmes last year?

Default NBA mock

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Timme is gone?! Well that’s news. I guess if he is fine being a second round pick. Wait do you mean like play one more year for the zags or this is timmes last year?
    NBAdraft.net has Suggs #3 to Detroit, Kispert #12 to the Bulls, Ayayi #30 to Utah, Timme #39 to Boston, Petrusev #48 to the Knicks

If Timme stays 1 more year he will be a first rounder. He needs to work on his ability to shoot mid and long range.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    If Timme stays 1 more year he will be a first rounder. He needs to work on his ability to shoot mid and long range.
    and his defense. Defense is his biggest concern.

"The NCAA is expected to approve a one-time transfer waiver that will allow immediate eligibility for players."

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...250117249.html

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/freshm...ball/19588226/
    Thanks scrooner. Now I get why there seems to be more guys “entering the transfer portal” than ever before...gonna be a crazy offseason of transfers.
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21