Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Norfolk State - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    I would like to see Strother, Harris, Ballo, and Gregg get at least 5 minutes of playing time.
    Never happen, even in a 25 point game.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    saw Norfolk St for the first time last night. if they go dribble penetration off the weave screen/roll like last night, Ballo could have a role as rim protector for a spell. Hope as the game transpires the bench gets just what you said and play well
    Define the length of a "spell?"

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Define the length of a "spell?"
    Would it be as long as it's working?
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

97-70

GU!

Personally, I’d like the Zags to break Norfolk State’s will by the first TV timeout. You know, a couple of threes from Corey, a couple of bunnies from Drew, Andrew and Jalen with a couple of transition buckets off steals, Joel with a couple of layups off back cuts...19-4 at the first time out.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Did you see Oral Roberts vs Ohio State?
    My gut tellin me Norfolk State is dangerous because of their experience playing zone D + Zags’ mediocre team 3pt % + long layoff for Zags = not that far fetched to predict a tight game.

Hope I’m wrong. Hope ORU result gets Zags’ attention and they bring their A+ game.
    Someone recently posted GU's offensive stats vs zone compared to vs man-to-man defense. The stats vs zone were off-the-charts. GU destroys zone defenses.

Bulldogs over Spartans 92-62.

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Someone recently posted GU's offensive stats vs zone compared to vs man-to-man defense. The stats vs zone were off-the-charts. GU destroys zone defenses.
    Using NET as a guide, Norfolk would rank between Santa Clara and San Diego, teams that play us at least twice every year. We just need to put the hammer down from the opening tip.

Spartans have some sass......this from Blanchette’s article in the SR this AM

“Fresh off their First Four victory over App Store (sic, LOL), Norfolk State guard Jalen Hawkins and coach Robert Jones were back on Friday to assay their chances against the bracket’s overall No. 1 seed, unbeaten Gonzaga.

“We’re not looking past them,” Hawkins said.

Oh, yes, he did.“

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...tate-not-look/

Zags need to treat these guys like they are trying to take their dreams from them because they are. I remember sweating out that game against #16 Southern back in 2013. Mentally, I think that took a toll on the team that contributed to their loss vs Wichita St 2 days later.

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    I would like to see Strother, Harris, Ballo, and Gregg get at least 5 minutes of playing time.
    Sounds about right, 4 guys in for the last minute 15 seconds of a 30 pt lead. You meant total for the group right?

zags 96-64

90-61 GU

88-61 Gonzaga

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Well any zone except Syracuse’s zone. You have to have length and height to have the most effective zone defense.

ZAGS 94
    Norfolk 62
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Sounds about right, 4 guys in for the last minute 15 seconds of a 30 pt lead. You meant total for the group right?
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    I think that took a toll on the team that contributed to their loss vs Wichita St 2 days later. ZZ
    Uh, no. Outplayed and out coached

1 seed: 94
    16 seed: 61
    GO ZAGS!!!

I'd like to see Gregg and Ballo both get at least 5 minutes run in the first half. There's a high probability that we'll need meaningful minutes from one or both of them at some point in this tournament, more so than Harris or Strawther.
    I doubt that Norfolk will try and run with the Zags and try and keep it a low possession game. 84-48 Zags

I’m going with 92-70 Zags win. Might be more adventurous than we like in the first half but the team will settle in and the weight of its skill will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Zags, 90–58.

Go Zags! On to Oklahoma minus one player.

Zags 96
    Spartans 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rennis View Post
    Zags 96
    Spartans 60
    Gu 91-66

Zoning a team...with tall guards....who can shoot it. Not usually a great outcome. Again, Norfolk plas very hard...and combine that with tight hoops...it could be interesting. Norfolk has never been on the court with a team that passes it and shoots it like GU....I like the Zags chances.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Did you see Oral Roberts vs Ohio State?
    My gut tellin me Norfolk State is dangerous because of their experience playing zone D + Zags’ mediocre team 3pt % + long layoff for Zags = not that far fetched to predict a tight game.

Hope I’m wrong. Hope ORU result gets Zags’ attention and they bring their A+ game.
    I did see that game and I think it's the best thing that could've happened to the Zags.

"The uniform will not win the game for you"

But I also think we're a far better team than OSU and I think Oral Roberts was not a 15 seed and I said that when the brackets came out (though I don't know much)
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.