Thread: Oklahoma 2nd Leading Scorer Out if Advance to Zags

Default Oklahoma 2nd Leading Scorer Out if Advance to Zags

De'ivon Harmon is out verse us. Averaged 13 ppg. He tested positive today. I didnt think OK had much of a chance anyways verse us, but now those chances get slimmer. I expect mizzou to get by that game

I think so too. Without Harmon, I don't see where Okllahoma can beat Missouri. Thet will still have firepower without Harmon, so if I'm Missou, I'm not going to take this game lightly. Oklahoma is dang good. There is no doubt that Harmon is one of their best players, and it's just sad, and too bad that he can't play. It's going to be a real challenge to get through this tournament.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Hoping that if we play OU that there aren't other contagious players who haven't yet tested positive and infect GU. That is the scenario that concerns me more than the games themselves.

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    Hoping that if we play OU that there aren't other contagious players who haven't yet tested positive and infect GU. That is the scenario that concerns me more than the games themselves.

ZZ
    I think the tests are so ramped up that ANY trace of the virus is noted quite quickly.
    But we don't play nobody.

ZZ
    They have to get by Mizzou first

ZZ
    they are being tested daily
    that means at least 5 tests before they show up to play us if we and they advance
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    They have to get by Mizzou first
    Missouri beat Illinois this year. Illinois is the most dangerous team in the tournament in my opinion. Oklahoma will have it’s handful...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    they are being tested daily
    that means at least 5 tests before they show up to play us if we and they advance
    If a player tests positive once, how many days does he remain positive before presumably testing negative 5 days in a row and resume playing? Seems odd to me people think a player who tests positive could possibly be eligible a week later. If truly positive, how long do they typically remain positive before being able to get that first negative test and start the 5 consecutive negatives countdown.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    If a player tests positive once, how many days does he remain positive before presumably testing negative 5 days in a row and resume playing? Seems odd to me people think a player who tests positive could possibly be eligible a week later. If truly positive, how long do they typically remain positive before being able to get that first negative test and start the 5 consecutive negatives countdown.
    My limited understanding is a positive test indicates the incubation period of potential spread opportunity. Thus the 7 day rule after a positive of negative testing to indicate the potential spread opportunity has ended.

Test does not indicate COVID start date, many times it is a 3-5 day incubation period before a potential positive indicator.

So you could be test on Monday and be negative. Tested on Tuesday and be positive (yet could have been exposed anywhere from last thursday to Tuesday).
    You then need 7 days of negative (cannot allegedly transmit the virus) before you can participate
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

ZZ
    Ya, no kidding! Or, Mizzou wins and a player picks up the virus from an OK player that is just becoming infectious, and then he becomes infectious about the time it's tip-off time against us. I'm just waiting for Gonzaga to have a positive. Was so sad missing out last year, and it could happen again to anyone this year. Fingers crossed.