• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willandi
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    It was pretty obvious to me all tournament that Houston was challenged offensively. UCLA had 4 very talented guys play extremely well offensively, and well above as a team what they had done in the rest of the tournament. It's time to just roll the ball out and see who the best team on Monday is...
    Some of their posters believe, or are saying, that since Gonzaga struggled to beat a play-in 11 seed, we are not that good...but wasn't every team that UCLA beat, after the play-in game, seeded higher than them, including #1 Michigan?

I understand what they are saying, but the game will be played Monday, and that will decide it w/o trying to denigrate the other team.
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by willandi View Post
      Some of their posters believe, or are saying, that since Gonzaga struggled to beat a play-in 11 seed, we are not that good...but wasn't every team that UCLA beat, after the play-in game, seeded higher than them, including #1 Michigan?

I understand what they are saying, but the game will be played Monday, and that will decide it w/o trying to denigrate the other team.
      It's too late in the process to denigrate teams. Even if team might not have played well all season, you have to play and beat teams that get hot. UCLA played VERY well. I think Jay Byless quipped that UCLA got here by playing good free throw defense. That wasn't the case tonight.

Baylor is a good team who has it's flaws but has very good players at least 6 deep, maybe 7 (maybe more). On Monday, we may not even know who the best team is, but we will know who the best team was that night.

Comment

• kitzbuel
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
        https://sicem365.com/forums/3

The hatred is strong from Baylor.
        What a fascinating place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
        - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• billyberu
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post

#1 seed UCONN struggled to beat a #10 seed on their way to the championship in '99. The Zags should feel enhanced by defeating a determined foe like UCLA.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
          Surfmonkey89

Comment

• billyberu
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
            What a fascinating place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Fascinating like ESPN message boards of the early aughts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
            There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
            Surfmonkey89

Comment

• tempe85
              Kennel Club Material
              • Mar 2012

I posted this in another thread, but when you look at the game stats UCLA hit something like 17/25 2 point mid range shots. Not near the rim but from around 10-15 feet deep. This was one of the greatest mid-range performances by any team in the last 10 years. Few wanted UCLA to take those shots, because typically teams that take a lot of them usually score a lot less. We got hit by a buzzsaw of about 3-4 of their guys being absolutely on fire from the mid-range. If this was a 7 game series in the NBA and a team loses to another team that shoots 70% on 25+ attempts from the midrange I think a coach would kind of shrug their shoulders and say they will get them next time, because how often can a team put up a all decade performance like that? Riley on UCLA can't even hit a free throw at that percentage, but somehow couldn't miss when he took a mid-range jumper. Obviously they shot a super high % from 3 as well, the same team that was horrendous from 3 just a couple days ago against Michigan.

I HOPE Baylor tries to replicate what UCLA did, because I think we'll clobber them.

Comment

• zag67
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2007

Do not give them open threes. Make them work for it

Comment

• caduceus
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by tempe85 View Post
                  I posted this in another thread, but when you look at the game stats UCLA hit something like 17/25 2 point mid range shots. Not near the rim but from around 10-15 feet deep. This was one of the greatest mid-range performances by any team in the last 10 years. Few wanted UCLA to take those shots, because typically teams that take a lot of them usually score a lot less. We got hit by a buzzsaw of about 3-4 of their guys being absolutely on fire from the mid-range. If this was a 7 game series in the NBA and a team loses to another team that shoots 70% on 25+ attempts from the midrange I think a coach would kind of shrug their shoulders and say they will get them next time, because how often can a team put up a all decade performance like that? Riley on UCLA can't even hit a free throw at that percentage, but somehow couldn't miss when he took a mid-range jumper. Obviously they shot a super high % from 3 as well, the same team that was horrendous from 3 just a couple days ago against Michigan.

I HOPE Baylor tries to replicate what UCLA did, because I think we'll clobber them.
                  Well said. This game was inexplicable. UCLA outperformed in nearly every statistical category by a good margin. Props to them, and I'm glad we got by by the skin of our teeth. That might be more than a once in a decade performance. I read somewhere that this year, the record of teams that performed with that shooting%, 3P%, and rebounding was 90 wins, 1 loss. Guess which game that loss was.

Comment

Working...
                  X