Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: West Region Potential Opponents Message Boards

There have to be other boards than these. Both Oklahoma and Missouri's links are beyond a pay wall.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

My favorite post on the Appalachian St board was from PBR 1893 Beer-Hat-Guy (love the handle)

"Game three...who do we want to face…Missouri or Oklahoma????"

Love the confidence!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    First post on Oklahoma message board (lol):

Default Selection Show - OU an 8 seed
    THAT is why winning your F'ing games is important. Gonzaga in Round 2 means we have about 0% chance of advancing past that game.

Oklahoma is a pretty good squad.

Luka says "Iowa has the best offense in the country"...I take issue with that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Luka says "Iowa has the best offense in the country"...I take issue with that opinion.
    It IS an offensive statement, especially when the facts differ.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Damn... expected to read some trash talking confidence... nope. The one thread basically said they expect the Zags to destroy them.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Damn... expected to read some trash talking confidence... nope. The one thread basically said they expect the Zags to destroy them.
    My BIL is a huge OU fan, he's not gonna be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Heard that too. I made a comment out loud in an empty room.
    But we don't play nobody.

I hope we get Appalachian State. They are HOT HOT HOT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

Thanks for the topic, I was looking for that
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

This is my favorite post on the Iowa board.

Please don't let Iowa be in Gonzaga's region, Please don't let Iowa be in Gonzaga's region, PLEASE don't let Iowa be in Gonzaga's region.........

Updated initial post with the better boards.

I'll keep updating as needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Updated initial post with the better boards.

I'll keep updating as needed!
    Thanks! OU board has plenty of witty repartee.

I'm shocked at everyone assuming OU takes that first game. Honestly....I'm a bit terrified at the thought of playing Mizzou. They can be VERY scrappy. They have also shown the ability to play VERY, VERY good. I know they CAN be streaky, but I'm more concerned with how good they also CAN be. Also, during their rough stretch of 4 losses in 5 games, they were missing Tillmon (arguably their most important player) for at least 2, maybe 3 of them I believe.

They have beaten Illinois, Oregon, Tennessee, and Alabama.

Also, note that I am from Missouri. 94% of my friends are die hard Mizzou fans. Even while Mizzou has blown goats for much of the last decade, these friends STILL never shut up about how overrated GU is, and how we don't play anyone and yadda yadda yadda. The norm. Anyway, even the slightest THOUGHT of Mizzou potentially knocking us off sends chills up my spine. I would literally have to consider moving into a cave for the next 3 years if it happened. I really don't want to see Mizzou in that game.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

J
    Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Also, note that I am from Missouri. 94% of my friends are die hard Mizzou fans. Even while Mizzou has blown goats for much of the last decade, these friends STILL never shut up about how overrated GU is, and how we don't play anyone and yadda yadda yadda. The norm. Anyway, even the slightest THOUGHT of Mizzou potentially knocking us off sends chills up my spine. I would literally have to consider moving into a cave for the next 3 years if it happened. I really don't want to see Mizzou in that game.
    Or.....Missouri beats Oklahoma, then plays Gonzaga and loses by 23. You should want this game to shut them up.

I'd like to see us play Creighton just to mix it up but don't think that's going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post

Or.....Missouri beats Oklahoma, then plays Gonzaga and loses by 23. You should want this game to shut them up.
    Very true. But I would also be 100% fine with them getting curb stomped by OU.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

I'm shocked at everyone assuming OU takes that first game. Honestly....I'm a bit terrified at the thought of playing Mizzou. They can be VERY scrappy. They have also shown the ability to play VERY, VERY good. I know they CAN be streaky, but I'm more concerned with how good they also CAN be. Also, during their rough stretch of 4 losses in 5 games, they were missing Tillmon (arguably their most important player) for at least 2, maybe 3 of them I believe.

One of the most outdated aspects about Gonzaga basketball is that we're "soft" physically. Our physicality has advanced to a superior level this year, with the additions of Jalen and Andrew. Aaron Cook also plays hard nose, disruptive man to man defense as well. Then there's Drew Timme, who loves to bang with this opponent. Conference foes got more physical with Drew as the season progressed, and it cost them.

All of this has rubbed off on the rest of the team, and it's led to more turnovers and fast break opportunities on defense.

My cousin is a huge Mizzou fan as well. We have a $500 bet (guided fly fishing trip) based on who gets further in the tournament. This could potentially be a disaster!

Very true. But I would also be 100% fine with them getting curb stomped by OU.
    I so want to hear an announcer to use that term in describing a basketball game!