Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: West Region Potential Opponents Message Boards

Giving credit where credit is due: "BJ Underground" fan board posts have more complete sentences than most message boards.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 03-23-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Interesting post by a GU board member, alum and (seemingly erstwhile) fan on another team's board.

I understand dual loyalties (I have to square my faith daily with my economic and political philosophies) but you'd never find me talking down GU's chances, fan base or coaching staff on a rival's board, which are not the same things as rooting for another affiliation. If I ever do, feel free to revoke my GU Boards account.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    Interesting post by a GU board member, alum and (seemingly erstwhile) fan on another team's board.

I understand dual loyalties (I have to square my faith daily with my economic and political philosophies) but you'd never find me talking down GU's chances, fan base or coaching staff on a rival's board, which are not the same things as rooting for another affiliation. If I ever do, feel free to revoke my GU Boards account.
    That was interesting. I remember that member on this board.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Few did not intend to runover his dog...it was a accident....
    LOL
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    You are correct. Zach was on fire in the second half.
    Of course. Thanks to both of you. I was thinking it was Ayayi who hit a few 3s in the first half to keep them close. I think I like to forget many of Zach’s games, because he could be ice cold and keep shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Siliconzag is firmly in the Jay Camp.....
    +50

Sili's chosen a side. Nothing wrong with that. He's rarely visited the GUB; he popped in 3/19/21.

He used the "power of prayer" line at the GUB before, back in 2018. He admitted in 2020 to not being a a fervent Mark Few fan.

He dropped me a very kind condolence note in 2016 so I'm fine with his choice to focus on the Blue Jays for the long haul.

Silli always was longwinded

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Sili's chosen a side. Nothing wrong with that. He's rarely visited the GUB; he popped in 3/19/21.

He dropped me a very kind condolence note in 2016 so I'm fine with him switching his focus the Blue Jays for the long haul.
    Agreed, no issue at all with choosing a side, just found the tone a little disappointing. C'est la vie and no biggie ~
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Silli always was longwinded
    You're not wrong on that point.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Where does sili post, on the Creighton Board? I'm having difficulty finding it.

https://www.bluejayunderground.com/viewforum.php?f=8
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Thanks Birddog.

Sili is a prince of a guy, and I miss having him around. He never disguised his fondness for Creighton, and he was the poet laureate of the board.

We are doomed...... Sili let the holy grail of how to beat Gonzaga out. So much for the secret hand shake. That will be next. I bet Oklahoma wished they knew this information before the game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PeninsulaDog View Post
    Sili is a prince of a guy, and I miss having him around. He never disguised his fondness for Creighton, and he was the poet laureate of the board.
    Could not agree more.

Incidentally, that's the best board I've seen (other than ours) in the country. I say this all the time but visit an SEC or Big 12 football board some time if you really want to lose faith in humanity.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Good morning fellow Bluejay fans. My handle is siliconzag, having had the grand fortune of being a double alumnus of Gonzaga (undergraduate) and Creighton (Medical School). I have been following both programs for years, perhaps more the Zags than the Jays, but recently I have become more of a fan of the Jays, as I believe the Gonzaga fans have become a bit entitled and arrogant over time. Besides, there is something very special about Creighton and Omaha, a place that was very hospitable to me as a young medical student.
    https://www.bluejayunderground.com/v...8711406442a1a5

Starting to ramp up.

The thread is 'Gonzaga Achilles Heel'
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    The thread is 'Gonzaga Achilles Heel'
    Sili obviously hasn't been watching the Zags this year. For the most part, the Zags switch on defense. They don't "sag." They often switch outright or hard hedge. Against Reaves, they even went to a trap/double-team off the screen. This year, the Zags are playing aggressive gambling defense to try to create turnovers with presses and traps. That's kind of the polar opposite of "sagging." GU's adjusted defensive efficiency is outstanding.

But then again, any team is vulnerable to a Steph Curry going lights-out so I guess you could say GU is vulnerable to such a thing. On the other hand, this year's Zags team is so good they still win by 16 when a guy on the other team has an incredible shooting night.

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Sili obviously hasn't been watching the Zags this year. For the most part, the Zags switch on defense. They don't "sag." They often switch outright or hard hedge. Against Reaves, they even went to a trap/double-team off the screen. This year, the Zags are playing aggressive gambling defense to try to create turnovers with presses and traps. That's kind of the polar opposite of "sagging." GU's adjusted defensive efficiency is outstanding.

But then again, any team is vulnerable to a Steph Curry going lights-out so I guess you could say GU is vulnerable to such a thing. On the other hand, this year's Zags team is so good they still win by 16 when a guy on the other team has an incredible shooting night.
    Garza and Reaves would agree with that.

From CU board

Oh, it would be nice if they let us have Hunter Sallis too. Few should just call him and tell him to stay home. They'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    From CU board
    I don't think they expected Hunter to choose them. This is one of the few references to him. It could be that they don't obsess with the possibilities of recruits like we do here, and it could also be that I haven't seen that thread there.

This commitment has to sting, coming as it does before the beatdown on Sunday.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I don't think they expected Hunter to choose them. This is one of the few references to him. It could be that they don't obsess with the possibilities of recruits like we do here, and it could also be that I haven't seen that thread there.

This commitment has to sting, coming as it does before the beatdown on Sunday.
    There is a whole recruiting section to their board (it wasn't obvious to find) and there was definitely a lot of posts & interest:

https://www.bluejayunderground.com/v...php?f=7&t=4979

I found this interesting:

In terms of the Zags having better athletes then CU, the best athlete on the floor will be wearing CU colors - Damien Jefferson - bar none not even close. and I would argue that Bishop will be the second best athlete on the floor.
    It would seem to me that this person needs to be introduced to Jalen Suggs. You know, that 6'5 above the rim PG that is always stealing the ball, and the one that Ohio State wanted to play QB? That guy? The "Bar none" is what really hit it for me.

Probably best to not leave Kispert off a list entirely, either. Also 6'5, also likes to get up, not "slow," chiseled muscle, and if they never invented basketball, Corey would likely be an outside LB or TE for UW.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.