Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seannie is up to 7 lives

Default Seannie is up to 7 lives

The NCAA has charged Arizona with five Level I rules violation allegations, including two alleged instances of academic misconduct within the men's basketball program, according to a notice of allegations the university released to ESPN on Friday through an open records request.

Arizona released the notice of allegations in response to a Maricopa County judge's order issued Monday. The school had denied requests from ESPN and other media outlets last fall to release the record, and the network sued in January.

Among the charges, former Wildcats assistant coaches Emanuel "Book" Richardson and Mark Phelps are charged with violating the principles of ethical conduct, engaging in preenrollment academic misconduct and/or providing an impermissible recruiting inducement "when they knowingly arranged for false academic transcripts for two then men's basketball prospective student-athletes."

Among the Level I allegations, the NCAA charged men's basketball coach Sean Miller for not demonstrating "that he promoted an atmosphere for compliance and monitored his staff."

"Miller failed to demonstrate he promoted compliance by not establishing that compliance was a shared responsibility within the men's basketball program, not setting clear expectations that his coaching staff comply with NCAA legislation and not require the immediate reporting of actual and potential violations to the compliance staff for an independent inquiry," the NCAA notice of allegations said.

The report said "two of Miller's three assistant coaches committed intentional violations involving fraudulent academic transcripts, receipt of cash bribes, facilitating a meeting with an aspiring agent, impermissible inducements and recruiting violations all within an 18-month period. The ultimate responsibility for the integrity of the men's basketball program rested with Miller and his staff's actions reflect on Miller as the head coach."

but Arizona self imposed a postseason ban this year so it’s all good, right?
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Sean and Archie have complicated careers.

Pacific is in trouble

Just so this thread doesn’t morph into an “old white men” who did the evil deed! Jazz Don’t let it happen!!! Lolol

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Pacific is in trouble
    Probably the reason why they lost last night, messed with their minds.

There has been no response by the NCAA to Arizona's pathetic self imposed sanctions. UNC violations go un-punished, Arizona bans itself from a tourney it was never going to make anyway but the NCAA hammers BYU's Yoeli Childs for a technicality. Just sickening.

ZZ

Tex. This type of thing is pervasive. Seems like everything is a bit unsettled. Sad to hear Pacific is still in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Tex. This type of thing is pervasive. Seems like everything is a bit unsettled. Sad to hear Pacific is still in trouble.
    Doc: I don't think UOP is in trouble; I think SERE was referring to UOP getting hammered in 2017 by the NCAA for Coaches Verlin & Young's transgressions while at the same time, the likes of AZ, UNC, and Kansas were getting bupkis for similar (or worse).

Since then, it has been kind of a running joke here on the GUB whenever any program is in the crosshairs of the NCAA, one or several of our members will make a comment re: UOP better watch out. . .

SERE, correct me if I'm wrong
    Last edited by RenoZag; 03-06-2021 at 05:55 PM.

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

I didn't realize that fraudulent transcripts were also involved. The pay-for-play thing is bad enough, but the academic fraud stuff is worse, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I didn't realize that fraudulent transcripts were also involved. The pay-for-play thing is bad enough, but the academic fraud stuff is worse, in my opinion.
    Sean leaves no rock unturned, including the one he crawled out from.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I wish there was more emphasis on this. I don't like the financial stuff, but the academic stuff is what really bothers me.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Still don’t k is how UNC with fake e dry thing got away with next to nothing. I remember we now Reno. UNC got nothing for horrible infractions but Pacific got whomped for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Good line

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    And still can't get to a final 4

This would have never happened under Lute Olson's regime.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    This would have never happened under Lute Olson's regime.
    Are you sure ? It happened under Wooden's regime, only 1000 times worse than Miller, and Wooden is still looked on as a basketball god, and wouldn't have did anything without Sam Gilbert's money.

Maybe it's not a good idea to hire assistant coaches who go by the name "Book."

Maybe it's a bad idea to hire assistant coaches that are less coaches and more agents.

Maybe Arizona has always just thought of itself as a professional program and all the other sht just kept getting in the way.

Anyone who ever walked the U of A campus would wonder how the hell a person couldn't win there without cheating.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Maybe it's not a good idea to hire assistant coaches who go by the name "Book."

Maybe it's a bad idea to hire assistant coaches that are less coaches and more agents.

Maybe Arizona has always just thought of itself as a professional program and all the other sht just kept getting in the way.

Anyone who ever walked the U of A campus would wonder how the hell a person couldn't win there without cheating.
    A campus from central casting

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    FWIW, when the news about Drew Timme was announced on The Fan in Dallas, one of the first comments was "why would Drew leave Texas for Spokane? Spokane's a dump!"

Tucson is a beautiful city. You can probably play golf 362 days out of the year. There's a lot to see and do in the Southwest, you just have to go look for it.
    And you can go there and get paid by Miller for playing basketball.

Sean Miller’s argument to administration....paying kids will be NCAA sanctioned soon why penalize me now?

or not

A very little love for Sean Miller.

https://arizonasports.com/story/2573...r-arizona/amp/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I still love the name of Emanuel "BOOK" Richardson. Not a great name to have when facing a NCAA violations.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    A very little love for Sean Miller.

https://arizonasports.com/story/2573...r-arizona/amp/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Love this quote from that article re: Sean Miller
    At age 52, he has more wiretap appearances than Final Four appearances.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Tucson is so damn blazing hot that rattlesnakes won't even come out. It's like sticking your head in an oven. I can think of several things about Spokane, but one is not that it's a DUMP. That is the view of someone who hasn't been there.