Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Isaac Traudt

Default 2022 Isaac Traudt

The 6-foot-9#forward out of Grand Island in Central Nebraska
    Which programs are heavily involved in your recruitment?
    “The schools that contact me the most are Nebraska, Creighton, Oklahoma, Virginia, Michigan State, North Carolina, and Gonzaga.”
    Who are the newest programs to enter the fro?
    “Gonzaga and North Carolina are the newest interests.”
    Gonzaga, where do things stand with them currently?
    “They’re having a really solid year and I've been in pretty consistent communication with Coach Michaelson.”

More at:#https://stockrisers.com/s/318/top-40...is-recruitment#
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    The 6-foot-9#forward out of Grand Island in Central Nebraska
    Which programs are heavily involved in your recruitment?
    “The schools that contact me the most are Nebraska, Creighton, Oklahoma, Virginia, Michigan State, North Carolina, and Gonzaga.”
    Who are the newest programs to enter the fro?
    “Gonzaga and North Carolina are the newest interests.”
    Gonzaga, where do things stand with them currently?
    “They’re having a really solid year and I've been in pretty consistent communication with Coach Michaelson.”

More at:#https://stockrisers.com/s/318/top-40...is-recruitment#
    With all due respect Isaac, we are having a little more than a "really solid year"

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    With all due respect Isaac, we are having a little more than a "really solid year"
    That is exactly what I was thinking. This guy must not be that into college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    That is exactly what I was thinking. This guy must not be that into college basketball.
    or he buys into the "little ol Gonzaga in the MIckey Mouse conference" narrative

I was stuck on there being a Grand Island in Central Nebraska.
    Google maps confirms no water.

Tipton Edits
    @TiptonEdits
    ·
    2h
    2022 four-star Isaac Traudt tells me he’s being recruited the hardest by:

North Carolina
    Michigan State
    Gonzaga
    Kansas
    Creighton
    Nebraska
    Virginia
    Oklahoma
    Missouri
    Ohio State

"A really solid year"?

Don't know why that comment rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure he means well, yet seems out of touch in a way.

We've been ranked #1 for nearly 2 yrs/seasons running....and could be 3 yrs/seasons this upcoming year.

Two of the last four title games. Elite 8's, Final 4's, & most wins in NCAA Tourney last 5 yrs, etc.

Highly recruited kid and hope we can land him, yet seemed like we're treated like a one-hit wonder or new kid on the block....when we've been more dominant over the last decade + than every single program in his Top 10, save maybe UNC or Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    "A really solid year"?

Don't know why that comment rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure he means well, yet seems out of touch in a way.

We've been ranked #1 for nearly 2 yrs/seasons running....and could be 3 yrs/seasons this upcoming year.

Two of the last four title games. Elite 8's, Final 4's, & most wins in NCAA Tourney last 5 yrs, etc.

Highly recruited kid and hope we can land him, yet seemed like we're treated like a one-hit wonder or new kid on the block....when we've been more dominant over the last decade + than every single program in his Top 10, save maybe UNC or Kansas.
    Means it as a compliment to the program. Not a big deal.

Over analyzing does no good. I fact it creates negativity and recruits can read. Sometimes what is said here can be the difference maker.

https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...ing-167993403/

"One of the top power forward prospects in the 2022 class, Isaac Traudt had a terrific Session II weekend at Under Armour. He attracted the most coaches out of any prospect in attendance and his Nebraska Supreme squad made sure they put on a show in each outing.

The four-star forward recapped his visits and discussed the Zags with 247Sports:

Gonzaga: "Brian Michaelson has been recruiting me the hardest from there. I have not talked to Mark Few yet. They would like to have me up there for an official visit sometime but I only take official visits to the schools that have offered me. So if they offer in July, I will definitely take an official there."

Traudt says he would like to decide where is going by either September or October.

When discussing what factors will hold wait within his decision, he says, "My relationship with the head coach is the number one thing for me. [hint hint Mark Few] After that, I will focus on how I fit their style of play. My relationship with the current players and other members of the staff will be important as well."

Traudt is first and foremost a very long and skilled stretch four that can really shoot from the perimeter. His playstyle is one that could fit in any program in the country.

He runs the point position for his high school, and it shows in his comfort in putting the ball on the floor to make plays on the perimeter. His upside is tremendous as programs can utilize him in dribble-hand-off situations and will have to play him extremely close at all times.

An ideal floor spacer, Traudt projects to be an excellent spot-up three-point shooter who will be deadly in trail and pick and pop scenarios at the next level. With his length, ball skills, and ability to stretch the floor at 6-foot-9, Traudt has a long career ahead of him in the game of basketball.

He is ranked the No. 54 overall prospect in the 247Sports Top 150 Player Rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...ing-167993403/

"One of the top power forward prospects in the 2022 class, Isaac Traudt had a terrific Session II weekend at Under Armour. He attracted the most coaches out of any prospect in attendance and his Nebraska Supreme squad made sure they put on a show in each outing.

The four-star forward recapped his visits and discussed the Zags with 247Sports:

Gonzaga: "Brian Michaelson has been recruiting me the hardest from there. I have not talked to Mark Few yet. They would like to have me up there for an official visit sometime but I only take official visits to the schools that have offered me. So if they offer in July, I will definitely take an official there."

Traudt says he would like to decide where is going by either September or October.

When discussing what factors will hold wait within his decision, he says, "My relationship with the head coach is the number one thing for me. [hint hint Mark Few] After that, I will focus on how I fit their style of play. My relationship with the current players and other members of the staff will be important as well."

Traudt is first and foremost a very long and skilled stretch four that can really shoot from the perimeter. His playstyle is one that could fit in any program in the country.

He runs the point position for his high school, and it shows in his comfort in putting the ball on the floor to make plays on the perimeter. His upside is tremendous as programs can utilize him in dribble-hand-off situations and will have to play him extremely close at all times.

An ideal floor spacer, Traudt projects to be an excellent spot-up three-point shooter who will be deadly in trail and pick and pop scenarios at the next level. With his length, ball skills, and ability to stretch the floor at 6-foot-9, Traudt has a long career ahead of him in the game of basketball.

He is ranked the No. 54 overall prospect in the 247Sports Top 150 Player Rankings.
    How come every time this kid talks he seems more and more arrogant?

I get that confidence whenever I'm hiding behind a keyboard.

How come every time this kid talks he seems more and more arrogant?
    Yeah I’d say you’re not the only one…

Mods, BMike is recruiting this kid. Is it really helpful to the cause to have people sniping at him in the only thread named after him, during his recruitment?

I don't know if he's "arrogant" or not, but I trust the staff to make their own judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Mods, BMike is recruiting this kid. Is it really helpful to the cause to have people sniping at him in the only thread named after him, during his recruitment? ... I trust the staff to make their own judgment.
    My first thought.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

I've looked and looked, and I don't see anything arrogant. Seems like someone's projecting that on the kid. Better not to see comments like this w/o a very solid reason. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    I've looked and looked, and I don't see anything arrogant. Seems like someone's projecting that on the kid. Better not to see comments like this w/o a very solid reason. Sad.
    I didn't see anything arrogant either. Only taking officials if they've given you an offer? Sounds prudent. That way you don't waste one on a school that doesn't actually want you. The "hint hint Mark Few" part is in brackets, which means it isn't part of the quote. I can't imagine anything else in there seeming arrogant to anyone. Geeze.

btw, I'm glad y'all weren't sittin' around talking about me when I was 18. The assessment would've been brutal.

A communications class would do this kid well. Public relations to be exact. Kid is not a sure thing burger boy but will only visits if the head coach leads the recruiting? After referring to little Gu and their undefeated season as “a pretty solid year”.. seems like he views us as a little cute success story which should actually be offensive to some of you

Also, some of y’all’s arrogance may be high itself if you really think a top recruit is reading your post and is going to decide on one of the biggest decisions of his life based on what some no name couch potato says. That’s humorous. Sorry, none of us are THAT important.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    I didn't see anything arrogant either. Only taking officials if they've given you an offer? Sounds prudent. That way you don't waste one on a school that doesn't actually want you. The "hint hint Mark Few" part is in brackets, which means it isn't part of the quote. I can't imagine anything else in there seeming arrogant to anyone. Geeze.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Zaglaw View Post
    +1
    You do realize that assistant coaches lead recruiting efforts all the time , right?

A communications class would do this kid well. Public relations to be exact. Kid is not a sure thing burger boy but will only visits if the head coach leads the recruiting?
    He referred to his relationship with the head coach, not who leads the recruiting. Everything he said makes sense to me and I just don't get the negativity. He has to make the best decision for himself and he has specific criteria. Seems prudent and mature. Obviously, it's a 2-way street and the program will also make the best decision for it.

Kid is not a sure thing burger boy but will only visits if the head coach leads the recruiting?
    He didn't say that. At least not in this excerpt.

No head coach leads the recruiting at the start. Not even the late John Wooden. Denny Crum did most of the work. Then Wooden would come in to seal the deal. Why isn't to stay that Few hasn't been making his presence more noticeable at games in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    No head coach leads the recruiting at the start. Not even the late John Wooden. Denny Crum did most of the work. Then Wooden would come in to seal the deal. Why isn't to stay that Few hasn't been making his presence more noticeable at games in recent times.
    That's the way it used to work for Gonzaga. The assistants would lead the recruiting, Few would come in to seal the deal and Coach Cal would call and they would go to languish at Kentucky.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?