Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Isaac Traudt

The youngster appears to be very mature, thoughtful and articulate.......would be a good fit at Gonzaga.....

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    No head coach leads the recruiting at the start. Not even the late John Wooden. Denny Crum did most of the work. Then Wooden would come in to seal the deal. Why isn't to stay that Few hasn't been making his presence more noticeable at games in recent times.
    No Wooden didn't lead the recruiting. Sam Gilbert led the recruiting for UCLA. He would introduce himself to a recruit and start flashing those $100 dollar bills. Wooden had very little if anything to do with UCLA recruiting. Also, any average coach could do what Wooden did if they had all those players that Gilbert handed to Wooden. Don't believe this ? Just look at UCLA with Gilbert and look at UCLA after Gilbert was barred from the Program. Oh and by the way why didn't UCLA have to forfeit all those championships ? The ncaa knew all about Gilbert from the start.

- i'd think after ucla won their 3rd national championship in a row, they hardly needed to recruit, all the top flight players knew of ucla, and most gravitated to ucla naturally, and wanted to play for ucla.
    - a whole generation of kids grew up with the dream of playing for ucla.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    With all due respect Isaac, we are having a little more than a "really solid year"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    That is exactly what I was thinking. This guy must not be that into college basketball.
    This kid couldn't be older than 17. You really got offended by this? I'd like to see how we all fair in on-the-record interviews at his age. Let the kid ball, and let Michaelson work his stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    A communications class would do this kid well. Public relations to be exact. Kid is not a sure thing burger boy but will only visits if the head coach leads the recruiting? After referring to little Gu and their undefeated season as “a pretty solid year”.. seems like he views us as a little cute success story which should actually be offensive to some of you

Also, some of y’all’s arrogance may be high itself if you really think a top recruit is reading your post and is going to decide on one of the biggest decisions of his life based on what some no name couch potato says. That’s humorous. Sorry, none of us are THAT important.
    I guess you can use this to justify sniping at one of our top priority targets from your couch, but I sure wish you wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    I guess you can use this to justify sniping at one of our top priority targets from your couch, but I sure wish you wouldn't.
    +1.
    Go Zags!!!

Isaac is going to take an official visit to GU. Welcome!!

Isaac says he has been offered by GU. Check out Hunter's tweet! Hunter went to school about 2 hours away from Isaac's high school in Nebraska.

https://twitter.com/HunterSallis_/st...17944888336386

Hunter went to school about 2 hours away from Isaac's high school in Nebraska. Isaac is in the purple here.

https://journalstar.com/sports/high-...e102265.html#1

Some absurd responses in this thread.

Criticizing priority recruits for no reason on a very public message board is one of the dumbest things you can do as a fan. I mean, this is idiotic.

+1

We have a regular poster who seems to take pride in pooping in the pool. If I was a moderator looking at this thread, I would delete all of the posts in here that have no purpose, starting with posts 11-23.

https://247sports.com/college/virgin...169287068/Amp/

Experience with Morrison has to be in Gonzaga’s favor here.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Some absurd responses in this thread.

Criticizing priority recruits for no reason on a very public message board is one of the dumbest things you can do as a fan. I mean, this is idiotic.
    +1
    Go Zags!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    https://247sports.com/college/virgin...169287068/Amp/

Experience with Morrison has to be in Gonzaga’s favor here.
    Was thinking the same thing. Adam would be a great resource for Isaac and his parents.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    No Wooden didn't lead the recruiting. Sam Gilbert led the recruiting for UCLA. He would introduce himself to a recruit and start flashing those $100 dollar bills. Wooden had very little if anything to do with UCLA recruiting. Also, any average coach could do what Wooden did if they had all those players that Gilbert handed to Wooden. Don't believe this ? Just look at UCLA with Gilbert and look at UCLA after Gilbert was barred from the Program. Oh and by the way why didn't UCLA have to forfeit all those championships ? The ncaa knew all about Gilbert from the start.
    You're 100% correct. It's why Bobby Knight dislikes Wooden and has no respect for him. He turned a blind eye to Gilbert.

And Gilbert wasn't the only corrupt Bruin booster either.

Funny enough, one of the best book chapters written about Gilbert comes from Jerry Tarkanian's autobiography. The chapter title is "Moneyball at UCLA." Gilbert is one of the reasons why Tark left LBSU for UNLV. Tark may have taken on a lot of at risk kids, but despite 2 decades of the most intense scrutiny a program has ever faced, the NCAA could never prove that anyone connected to Vegas, not even "The Fixer," paid Rebel players. In fact, the NCAA had to pay him millions for harassing him. They were scared Tark would take them to the supreme court and expose their selective enforcement policies. It's also a myth that UNLV brought in one Burger Boy after the next. Tark only had 3 McDonald's AA's in all his years in Vegas.

https://omaha.com/sports/high-school...22591.amp.html

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    https://omaha.com/sports/high-school...22591.amp.html

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    - don't see how the kid can go wrong, leave home for a blue blood program, or stay in state and keep close the family bonds that are so important to him.

- issac, wishing you the best in either case

@Issac Traudt: I will be announcing my college decision on Saturday, August 28th at 10 am CT!!

https://twitter.com/ittraudt/status/...350781960?s=21
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Smile Here's hopin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    @Issac Traudt: I will be announcing my college decision on Saturday, August 28th at 10 am CT!!

https://twitter.com/ittraudt/status/...350781960?s=21
    Another *STAR**B-Baller* from Nebraska would be nice. (And a half.)

-- --

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

247sports has a star for him going yo Virginia, hope that doesn’t happen and he chooses the Zags

Quote Originally Posted by Mvzags View Post
    247sports has a star for him going yo Virginia, hope that doesn’t happen and he chooses the Zags
    With his decision in 2 days that doesn't bode well.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    With his decision in 2 days that doesn't bode well.
    Nope. This one ain’t happening.

Did this young man even take a visit to GU? If not, then I concur it is unlikely he is coming to GU...

- yep, he's going to virginia.

- best of luck isaac.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - best of luck isaac.
    +1
    But we don't play nobody.