Thread: 1 in every 2,500 Teams

Default 1 in every 2,500 Teams

Since 1976 (45 years), 6 teams have entered the NCAA Tournament undefeated. There are currently 347 division 1 basketball teams. Programs have been added over the years so I averaged to 325. 325 x 45 /6 leaves us with my astute math of 1 in every 2,500 division 1 teams enter the tournament undefeated. 1 of those 6 is our favorite team.

It is a special and historic year. In the next few weeks, lets appreciate and enjoy the ride-- no matter if we are cutting down the nets April 5 or just looking back on being 1 out of every 2,500. Love this team, love these dudes, love this program.

- few in his post game interview touched upon how this really is an important win for gonzaga, because it puts us up in a very very rare category.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - few in his post game interview touched upon how this really is an important win for gonzaga, because it puts us up in a very very rare category.
    A gentleman wearing Portland Trailblazer sweats came over to talk to us with about five minutes to go. When he made that comment that "it'll be better for the Zags to lose at least one going into the Tournament", I said the heck with that. This team has earned its place in history.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    A gentleman wearing Portland Trailblazer sweats came over to talk to us with about five minutes to go. When he made that comment that "it'll be better for the Zags to lose at least one going into the Tournament", I said the heck with that. This team has earned its place in history.
    Naw, losing a half is motivation for this team.
    Bonjour tristesse.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Has it helped the Trailblazers to win it all?
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Aversity definitely highlights mistakes that you might otherwise gloss over, so i get the sentiment.....but you don't necessarily need the L to get the message. I think their on ball defense against the poor 16 seed is going to be really good because of this game.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003