View Poll Results: The BZ Bulldog of the Game: WCC Semi-Final - SMC ?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suggs

17 20.24%
  • Ayayi

9 10.71%
  • Kispert

1 1.19%
  • Timme

56 66.67%
  • Nembhard

0 0%
  • Watson

1 1.19%
  • Strawther

0 0%
  • Other. . .(and why)

0 0%

Thread: BZ Bulldog of the Game: GU vs. SMC : WCC Semi-Final: 3/8/21

Default BZ Bulldog of the Game: GU vs. SMC : WCC Semi-Final: 3/8/21

Zags controlled the game from start to finish and notch a 78 - 55 win.

5 players in double figures: Timme 18; Kispert 14; Ayayi 16; Nembhard 10; Suggs 15.

Who's your Player of the Game ?

BOX SCORE: https://gozags.com/sports/mens-baske.../boxscore/7851
    Last edited by RenoZag; 03-09-2021 at 09:18 AM.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Went with Jalen tonight, his moves to the hoop were dazzling. Could have voted for any member of the starting 5, it was that close.

I voted for Drew. So glad he grew his beard back. I may stop shaving just in honor of his beard.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Timme — complete game of excellence.

Going Jalen tonight. Needs to keep making a couple 3's per game to keep defenses honest.

More importantly, no injuries. Would much rather play Pep tomorrow instead of the thugs from Provo. Not worried about losing, just about the possibility of BYU cheap shot injury after the game gets out of hand.

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Went with Jalen tonight, his moves to the hoop were dazzling. Could have voted for any member of the starting 5, it was that close.
    I went with Jalen tonight as well.

Timme had more points and an extra board, but I still went with Suggs.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Suggs - fouls aside, was really efficient
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Timme was top points, assists and tied rebounding. Suggs though made what he does and no one else can do, look easy.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I voted for Drew. So glad he grew his beard back. I may stop shaving just in honor of his beard.
    His mom prefers the beard to the stache, in all its variations.

I went with Timme because of his dazzling passes.

But I honestly felt it was a tie between Timme, Suggs and Ayayi. All three had great games. I gave it to Timme because of those beautiful passes. He had 4 assists last night. And they were all beautiful.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

This was closer than it looked and I gave the nod to Timme over Suggs and Ayayi, those dimes were a thing of beauty.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

I went with Timme, he had it all; shooting, rebounds, assists. He was showing everything off last night.

Close second goes to Ayayi who had another of his sneaky good performances. You kind of stop paying attention to him and then realize he has completely disrupted SMC's ability to do anything. He grabs rebounds they think are theirs, he sneaks in to make easy baskets from the weakside, he jammed up their offense and threw off their rhythm.

G
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinZag View Post
    Timme — complete game of excellence.
    - i went with timmie too
    - but a 'complete' game of excellence would have been 6 of 7 from the foul line, not 4 or 7. he has to get out of his own head, he clearly has a nice stroke and can/should convert at 75% or better.

I went with Suggs over Timme just because of his fast pace of play against SMC. St Mary’s got winded and couldn’t keep up. It was great for Suggs to hit a three and hopefully is a confidence builder going forward.

Smile Joel, Drew

Hope Joel comes back for his senior season next year (earns a Master's degree & AA accolades in the process, then "graduates" to the NBA). He's such a stabilizing presence, such a sneaky defender/scorer. Joel had his usual good game, but All-American Timme earns this game's vote.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

In a blanket finish, the nod goes to Timme. In a sense, picking one POG goes against the grain of what this Zags team is all about. I find myself searching for reasons NOT to pick one player over another, when, really, if all 5 guys on the floor play Zag basketball (spacing, movement, the extra pass, help defense, yadda x 3), the team thrives. Ayayi hit some key early shots that forced St Mary's to look for/and generally miss shots they don't want to take. Gaels were "in the hole" early in this one ... the rest of the game was basically shoveling more and more dirt in the hole. If I'm being honest, St Mary's this year is just not a very good team.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Suggs all around play.... that was not a goal tend or a charge....IMHO Suggs is the best guard at Gonzaga in nearly 40 years....an I am not so sure he isn't better than John Stockton was in college....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Suggs all around play.... that was not a goal tend or a charge....IMHO Suggs is the best guard at Gonzaga in nearly 40 years....an I am not so sure he isn't better than John Stockton was in college....
    Good comparison, differing styles of play. One thing that can't be disputed is their level of toughness, their needles go up to Spinal Tap levels (11).