Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retire #24 after this season.

It's easy to speak in hyperbolic terms about many of our favorite Zags, but Courtney Vandersloot was a singular player for Gonzaga -- men or women. An unbelievably rare talent. If you never saw her play for the Zags, you missed something special, a once-in-a-lifetime kind of player. Several years ago, during Courtney's senior season, I took two of my daughters to Lady Zags v Lady Dons game at War Memorial. After the game, I was chatting with some friends and Coach Graves courtside and I remarked that I bet Coach Few wished he had a point guard like Courtney. To which Coach Graves replied, "I bet he wishes he had her as his point guard!"

On a side note, on our way out of War Memorial, my girls approached the Lady Zag team and asked for autographs. Without exception, the Zags were kind, and gracious, and accommodating. And I remember Courtney even thanked the girls for coming the watch them play. Fan for life here. Her number should be next up, no question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Sure Sloot was very skilled but think what jalen could do against the same teams....
    i see what you are doing there
    comparing oranges to oranges ...
    people to people

i have at least 3 men before Cory

read about how Iowa just retired Garza and offended every "iowa great" that came before. There's zero advantages to retiring a number earlier.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    i see what you are doing there
    comparing oranges to oranges ...
    people to people

i have at least 3 men before Cory
    CVS is the obvious next choice, men's+women's, but what are your three for men's? My top 3 would be Santangelo, Turiaf, and Sabonis
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

IIRC, graduating is part of the criteria for rafterdom