Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Saint Mary's (Vegas Edition) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

I was really hoping the Zags would play LMU again because of their size. St Mary’s is not the team we are accustomed to seeing. St Mary’s will lose because of their lack of scoring and will lose by 27. 97-70.

GU 85-62

Smile Like a Cruise down the Vegas Strip

Tass Tasked (Again), a rhymed couplet
    <ahem>
    This ain't gonna be scary,
    Save for Gaels of Saint Mary's.

----------
    Zags - 88
    Gaels - 62

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

GU 85
    SMC 65

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Will this be Randy's last game with the Gaels? Plenty of jobs opening that pay a lot more than SMC.
    I think so. He's done all he can do with that program, time to move on.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Confident in a Zags win. I can't forget that bummer loss to St Mary's in the finals in 2019. Our Zags lost that game 60-47. We had Rui, Clarke, Norvell and Tillie. None of our players could hit a damn thing. How in the hell did we lose that game? So I am not predicting a 30 or even 20 point win for the Zags. Just want them to win, somewhat handily.

Saint Mary's Shocks Gonzaga again. After the jump ball, the refs immediately give 2 fouls to Timme and Suggs. All of our layups spin out and 3-pointers bricked.

55-47
    Last edited by phxfireflames; 03-07-2021 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    Confident in a Zags win. I can't forget that bummer loss to St Mary's in the finals in 2019. Our Zags lost that game 60-47. We had Rui, Clarke, Norvell and Tillie. None of our players could hit a damn thing. How in the hell did we lose that game? So I am not predicting a 30 or even 20 point win for the Zags. Just want them to win, somewhat handily.
    katman, the difference here is we don't rely on the 3 pointer that we have in the past. We're going to get our 50 in the paint, and another 25 or so from midrange. We hit a few 3's, we're in the 90s, and I don't think anyone has scored that many against us this season.

If our transition game gets going, it's lights out for the opponent.

Zags will be fired up and ready... Think they'll speed them up just a smidge.

Zags 88
    MSC 71
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

GU-80
    SMC-62

I don't see Randy moving on after this season, he still has something to prove...imo

I predict a great game and WCC tourney from Anton Watson. His offensive play has been trending upward, seems like any lingering effects (physical and mental) of the shoulder injury have been played through and his confidence is surging. AW gonna remind the college hoops world why he was invited to Colorado Springs and damn near made USA U-18 squad in 2019.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

82-65 Gonzaga

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I would like to see the Gaels crushed, driven before the boys, and to hear the lamentations of their fans!

81 - 64 Zags... not as crisp as we want them to be.
    GO ZAGS!!!

93-71

Gonzaga!

Gonzaga 83
    St Mary's 62

Looking forward to Gonzaga starting off Post Season play with a nice 20 point victory. That's just about as it should be. This is not even close to many of St Mary's teams in recent years. And this may be the best Gonzaga team ever. Zags begin play kind off on their outside shooting, but pick up the slack somewhat in the second half. However, Gonzaga's strength this year is attacking the rim both with the ball and with the pass, so I expect we'll see lots of scoring inside especially off transition.

However, and we saw St Mary's do against LMU, they will pack the middle of the key with multiple players, and will double team the post. They will want to make us score from the outside; and eventually the Zags start hitting them. St Mary's will want to make it an ugly game the way they did against LMU, but the Zags are just too slick for that trick. Our speed will eventually break through their cracks. We'll all be glad to get this game out of the way because of the ugly play, and move on to the finals where we'll probably see a real basketball game.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Gaels 69
    Zags 93

Go Zags - Beat the Gaels!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Zags will be fired up and ready... Think they'll speed them up just a smidge.

Zags 88
    MSC 71
    - hope that works for you, that was my winning prediction in the zags last game.

I suspect this will be one of those watching paint dry type of games, but I'm hoping Corey has a game like he had against Virginia and the Zags score in the 90's .....

Zags 92
    Gaels 73
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Will this be Randy's last game with the Gaels? Plenty of jobs opening that pay a lot more than SMC.
    I think if Randy wanted out of SMC he would have left years ago. No doubt its been a tough year for them, injuries, covid ect.
    Tex why do you think he might leave? I just don't see it.

I'd like to see Watty keep up his offensive presence tonight as well as Gregg get some meaningful minutes.

Zags 81
    SMC 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

St Mary's will be playing for their basketball lives. The Zags will be playing a tune-up game.

Zags - 91
    University of St Mary's - 66
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Just want to see us impose our style of play on this game. If we do that, we should win comfortably.

Zags 83-59

Default AWRIGHT... LISTEN UP...LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED !

Gaels have no choice but to let air out of the ball from the opening tip. What I'd like to see is hard-nosed defense by the Zags, causing some shot clock violations early. Also some pressure defense by Zags to force some TO's and possibly speed things up. If Zags get out to early 10 point lead, this could be a beat down. I'd like nothing better...

I look for Ayayi to have a good shooting night, drawing out the defense which opens up the inside for Timme, Watson, Kispert, Suggs, insert names of your choice here _______ , _______ , and ____________.

I'd like to see Watson continue his resurgence as well, something along the lines of 14 pts, 8 boards. Let's see Zags keep the turnovers under 10 for the game.

Gonzaga 86
    St Marys 59

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED !
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut