Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are your honest expectations for March now?

Wire to wire #1 in regular season and will finish national championship.
    No questions. Go Zags!

Minimum NCAA final four final game. It will be a disappointment for me otherwise. Want a national championship for the zags! They can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    This perfectly sums up my feelings as well... having the talent to win a national championship is one thing. You also need some luck. I'd have to think for a minute before telling you who won the 2018 National Championship, but I can tell you immediately that UMBC was the first 16 seed to knock off a 1 seed in the first round. Virginia and UMBC will be trivia questions answers for an eternity. My point with that is, the best team doesn't always win.

I think we have enough talent to survive some bad luck, hot shooting opponent, questionable officiating. What we can't survive is injury to the front court. With that being said .. anything short of a Final Four would be a disappointment to me.

Most importantly... I just want Gonzaga to advance further in the tournament than Michigan. Their fans are insufferable right now.

GO ZAGS
    DO you have a link to their basketball board???

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    DO you have a link to their basketball board???
    No link to their board (but I'll look). Their comments are all over social media sites like Twitter. Any post that involves Gonzaga or National ranking is followed by a barrage of ill-informed vitriol from Michigan fans.

No link to their board (but I'll look). Their comments are all over social media sites like Twitter. Any post that involves Gonzaga or National ranking is followed by a barrage of ill-informed vitriol from Michigan fans.
    They are the f’in worst. To Michigan fans, Gonzaga may as well be Portland university. “High school opponents, chokers in March”...

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    For me, just making it to the Final Four would be a great accomplishment.
    +1

w
    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    They are the f’in worst. To Michigan fans, Gonzaga may as well be Portland university. “High school opponents, chokers in March”...
    Most importantly... I just want Gonzaga to advance further in the tournament than Michigan. Their fans are insufferable right now.
    Here is their most recent thread re: Gonzaga. Overall, nothing out of the ordinary. Some haters, yet most are complimentary or admittedly naive.

I do agree there seems to be a trend via Twitter with Big 10 fans in general with Gonzaga flaming.

Zag Thread on UM board: https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/how-wou...gainst-gonzaga

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    w

Here is their most recent thread re: Gonzaga. Overall, nothing out of the ordinary. Some haters, yet most are complimentary or admittedly naive.

I do agree there seems to be a trend via Twitter with Big 10 fans in general with Gonzaga flaming.

Probably moderated by Dan Dakich.

Have watched too many years to “expect” anything. The Zags can win a national championship, and hope they do, for themselves, Coach Few and his staff. Losing the title game would be a letdown but okay. Not making the final four would be a disappointment, but am already proud of these Zags and will continue be thankful to them for a glorious ride.

Go Zags! Play your best and accept the chips wherever they fall.

Natty or Bust! A final four is still a great season, but a bit of a letdown given the undefeated, number 1 wire to wire status.
    Getting vaccinated isnít a political issue. Itís a statistical issue of which the evidence of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines are abundantly clear. Staying unvaccinated is denying reality around you.

Would love a Championship, but making it to at least the FF would be great for this small school.

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    w

Thank you for sharing this link to their fan site. It was refreshing to see most of the posters on that site seem reasonable. Unlike the rabid Michigan trolls who seem to be stuck in their mom’s basement, posting ignorant arguments about how superior Michigan is this year since they beat GU two years ago.

Whenever I think about posting a reply, I’m reminded of Mark Twain’s advice “Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and will beat you with experience”.

This year has been SO different in that for most of the season it was "Gonzaga and Baylor" and all the rest. That set expectations that may well not be fair.

Teams have started to figure out how to play us.

We have not exactly adjusted well, yet. I suspect we will.

Few is also not going to show everything against weaker WCC schools. He is already looking to the tournament and I just have to believe that he's holding a lot of options in reserve, I have read that teams do that from time to time.

We have not looked as good lately, it could be boredom. We sure beat the best earlier in the year, rather easily.

Michigan is extremely good.

If I'm honest with myself, anything short of a Final Four will be tremendously disappointing to me and that might not be fair at all to the kids, I realize that.

In terms of expectations, I almost "expect" this team to be in the final game, and only then do I get reasonable and think anything could happen.

I realize it is unfair and likely unreasonable. But the thread called for honesty, this is honestly where I am.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Minimum FF, making it to the 3rd weekend is awesome, but winning it all is the goal!
    It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Ask me after I see the bracket. We're the best team, but still have matchups I'd worry about in a single elimination tournament. I'm expecting an elite eight and anything else is just gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Probably moderated by Dan Dakich.
    Michigan has a lot of good wins, but Gonzaga has more NET Top Twenty wins than they do by a margin of 6-2. We have Iowa, West Virginia, Kansas, Virginia, and BYU (twice). They have Ohio State and Iowa.

I'll follow Few's mantra to focus on one game at a time and not get ahead of ourselves. The right approach IMO. With that being the obvious, there are big challenges ahead but we need to win our tourney first. The Michigan board paints a picture of a WCC that is incredibly weak. I would differ with that opinion and say this year there are some great WCC teams that would give many name brand teams a run for their money. WCC gets no respect because other than Gonzaga they don't get the opportunity to take on big programs much. We know the reasons, it is what it is and it's too bad. The best way to shut them up is win like we have before.

How far can this team go? Pretty darn far if the chips fall in the right places. They are really good and we know that but not one team ever is infallible. No fan should feel any more confident than a golfer with a putter in their hands on Sunday.
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

My hope is for the zags to win every game by about 20 points. That would quiet the naysayers about Gonzaga permanently
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    My hope is for the zags to win every game by about 20 points. That would quiet the naysayers about Gonzaga permanently
    The naysayers will never be satisfied, it's just a fact of life.

We may be hearing less from the Michigan folks for the near future.

I would like to see us play a little sharper going down this last stretch.

But again, I don't think Few is showing everything he has.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    I could see persons rationalizing that the Zags were fresher than everybody else because of their weak conference.