Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your honest expectations for March now?

Default What are your honest expectations for March now?

Zag Faithful the Zags just went 24 and 0.

What is your opinion for march and honest expectations? What would you be ok with and what would be a bad exit?

My honest expectations is Final 4 and hoping for a chip.
    I would be ok with the final 4 with this squad and a sweet 16 would be a let down for me this yr.

Some years i feel vastly different.

I feel a FF4 appearance is a must - to stop the trash talkers that are of course going to talk trash.

I also feel this is our year to win the whole thing. We should be playing for the NC and win the whole thing. Mich and Baylor should be on the other side of the bracket and I think we can beat any other team out there. I think we can beat those to teams as well, just have a harder time doing it.

I would be disappointed with an E8 exit and crushed with anything earlier.

This is the YEAR!
    GO ZAGS!!!

Agree with the first two.
    A loss in the first 3 rounds would be a let down.
    A final four would be great, yet...
    I will be slightly bummed if we don’t win it all.

Crazy expectations I know.

I hate to say it, but I would be disappointed with anything short of the title. That doesn’t mean I would consider the season a failure, I just truly believe we have the best team in the country.

Anything short of the Elite Eight would be extremely disappointing. Once you get there, you need some luck, so hopefully it’s our year to take it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly...I would be disappointed if they didn't get to The Sweet Sixteen .......happy if they go to the Eight.....after that it is house money....

Optimism and pessimism are both delusional ....... I prefer to have my surprises be pleasant...

I am hopeful for a National Championship. Expectant of a Final Four, but aware that injuries to Karno and Nigel happened, aware that officiating is not always the best with some teams allowed to foul, with feet out of bounds, and more.
    It has been a great season.
    Are you laughing at ME?

According to the numbers and the pundits.....we already won it....)

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Honestly...I would be disappointed if they didn't get to The Sweet Sixteen .......happy if they go to the Eight.....after that it is house money....

Optimism and pessimism are both delusional ....... I prefer to have my surprises be pleasant...
    My sentiments exactly bartruff.
    Anything can happen in the tourney so as far as “expectations” mine are a Sweet 16 appearance.

Advancing beyond that will require Zags to play their best ball of the season. I’m hopeful their focus and intensity will rise to the occasion. As much as Suggs’ over zealous drives into traffic worry me, I think the kid has the “it” factor big time and is more likely than not to start knocking down 3’s and being a superstar when the lights are brightest. Let’s go Zags!!!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    According to the numbers and the pundits.....we already won it....)
    I’m starting to think according to the pundits, Michigan has already won it.
    Oddly, college hoops commentators seem to have sort of left Zags out on the dance floor alone in favor of saddling up next to Michigan for the rest of the dance.

I hope Zags hear the doubters, the tired old “but WCC” naysayers and play w a chip on their shoulder here on out.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

My expectations for March? A WCC tourney title and minimum Final Four. The 6 teams we will face will be far weaker than we are. After that, yes, it's house money. At some point we should see Michigan or Baylor. We can beat them, but there are no guarantees.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Oddly, college hoops commentators seem to have sort of left Zags out on the dance floor alone in favor of saddling up next to Michigan for the rest of the dance.

I hope Zags hear the doubters, the tired old “but WCC” naysayers and play w a chip on their shoulder here on out.
    sure hope you’re right

No more than 1 loss. 0 would be perfect for me.

Seriously elite 8 is a win. After that is a bonus. Hopfully they can pull it off. I think they can this year. Go Zags!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Natty or bust

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post

The Annual Explanation Article for Idiots: Gonzaga is a Very Good Team. This one goes out to the loudest people in the backrow.
    https://www.slipperstillfits.com/202...very-good-team

I'm hopeful of a FF, and like bartruff's ideas on expectations.

To win it all would most likely mean an undefeated championship unless somehow Zags lose in the WCC...pushing 45 years since that happened. But this is a weird season so maybe more possible to do than usual.

For me, just making it to the Final Four would be a great accomplishment.

A great thread,11. I'm glad you posted it. And I want to get my thoughts down early. This is the year the Zags are going to win it all and be crowned National Champs. It's been a long time in the making, and these are the "cats" that can pull it off. It's been awhile since we've seen our guys play their best. But we all know they've done everything it takes to go 24 and 0, and being the first team to go undefeated the whole year is something that not only THIS TEAM deserves but that Gonzag DESERVES. We've had bad luck for long enough. It's time for Lady Luck to dance with us. I love this team, and the guy who coaches it all. They WILL BE READY. They have the talent, imo, without a doubt. They have seven guys who can ball. Everyone one of them could be a starter on just about every team in the country. I just don't see a team out there who has the kind of talent the Zags have. And we've got the coach too. It's his time. I will be disappointed if we do not win the national championship.

What would be a bad exit. Any exit is a BAD EXIT. i BELIEVE that this team feels the same way I do. They believe that any exit at all is a bad exit. I played on an undefeated State Championship team. I know what that is like, and we had a team much like the Zags. It was a great team and very talented. And the most unselfish team I've ever seen. I see that same characteristic in this Zag team. They love each other and are as an unselfish group of players that you'll find in college basketball this year.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I’m doubtful, still concerned about a team with superior interior players who can slow our penetration and put Timmy in trouble. Anything less than E8 is “embarrassment” this season, but I’ll be happily surprised if we get past it.

Anything less than a F4 would be supremely disappointing. A NC is the realistic goal of the team. I’ll side with them.

The whole enchilada
    I miss Mike Hart

I'm disappointed whenever they lose a game. NCAA tourney losses are tough to swallow.

If they win two in Vegas, I expect the Sweet 16 string continues.

Elite 8 ? Final four ? National Final ? Hopeful

They are good enough to win the whole thing and they have a tournament-tested head coach and staff.

Can't wait to see it all play out.

Suggs needs to slow down and be consistently good without turnovers. Now, I think we need to figure out a way to get "big man type support" for Drew. He's done a workman like work and he's been excellent but as the season has rolled on, it's pretty obvious he's not enough underneath. Few solves those two problems, I expect a FF or the title. If we just had Sabonis back...................
    We have 3 1's and 2's and Corey's a 3. Drew is a 4- mini 5. Balo's not working out right now, Zak gets no time and Ben's new and not performing a a championship level. I'm not completely convinced we'd win those early victories against high end teams if we played at this point of the season.
    A title is far from certain. It's not injuries either. It's team play and weaknesses in certain areas. Hope we pull off a title. I do think we'll get thee top seed with gives other strong teams every opportunity to fold before the FF. Keep your fingers crossed. I am.

I feel like this team can and should win the Natty. But, its a game of matchups and anything can happen. So I'd be at peace with at least E8 or better.

For those who think the Zags winning the NC would shut the haters up... just know that they'll just move the goalposts and say Covid, only won one, or any other slew of excuses as to why they hate the Zags.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post

For those who think the Zags winning the NC would shut the haters up... just know that they'll just move the goalposts and say Covid, only won one, or any other slew of excuses as to why they hate the Zags.
    QFT.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post

Ain’t that the truth! Haha it’s pathetic.

For me I expect a final four and am hopeful for the Natty. The way I see it is there are MAYBE 5 teams that if they play their best can beat the Zags when they play marginal. That would mean we would have a chance to play them in the elite 8 or final four. So I expect a final four. But if we play our best or near our best, I truly haven’t seen a better team all year.

We went wire to wire as the undefeated number 1 team in the country. It’s not a disappointing season if they don’t win the title but it’s certainly a disappointing postseason. And I’m not even a title or bust person, and definitely not within college hoops. But this is a historically good team and expectations should match it.