Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 64 of 64

Thread: Other Games: SAT - 02. 27. 21

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    213

    Default

    ASU beats WSU 77-74 in OT. Playing again Monday at noon for a Covid makeup.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 509er View Post
    ASU beats WSU 77-74 in OT. Playing again Monday at noon for a Covid makeup.
    Did the Cougs Dawg it?
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    I suspect Michigan passes Baylor for #2 overall after this game.
    By KenPom

    1 GU - 36.60
    2 Michigan - 33.77
    3 Baylor - 31.33

    Gu and MI are the only teams at this time with KenPom top-10 Offensive efficiency and Defensive efficiency.
    History has its eyes on you.

    Sage of the GU Message Board

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,587

    Default

    Colorado beats UCLA 70-61 in Boulder.
    Utah beats USC, 71-61.
    Oregon handles Cal, 74-63.
    West Virginia beat Kansas St 65-43
    Xavier defeats Creighton, 77-69
    Loyola-CHI defeats So. Illinois 65 - 58, in OT
    San Diego State beats Boise State 62 - 58
    Florida downs Kentucky, 71-67.


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    “They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    SMC 32, BYU 43, 10:13, 2H

    USF 38, UOP 42, 15:59

    PEP 90
    USD 84 F
    Both BYU and PACIFIC cover:

    BYU 65-51 SMC

    PACIFIC 76 USF 69

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Would’ve loved Baylor to have been undefeated leading into an epic Natty game. Glad the team who beat them was a team the Zags owned!

  7. #57

    Default

    Big game for Michigan on Tuesday against #5 ranked Illinois.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Would’ve loved Baylor to have been undefeated leading into an epic Natty game. Glad the team who beat them was a team the Zags owned!
    Baylor's coach all but blamed Covid for this loss. In my opinion, this is something you let the fans and media say, but you don't say it yourself. I have been thinking for a while that his team's achilles heel is relying too much on the 3-point line and it almost came to fruition in the previous game. They also had problems handling a talented big man, which makes me feel a bit better about the Zags.

    "We were the No. 1-shooting team in the country and we'll get back to that," Drew said. "But even Superman has kryptonite. And I guess COVID protocols is ours."

    Baylor, which entered the game shooting 43.2% from 3-point range, went 6-for-26 from behind the arc. The Bears shot just 8-for-25 from behind the arc in their first game back, a come-from-behind win at Iowa State on Tuesday.

    "Anyone that's had COVID would know when you come back you're probably not 100 percent," Drew said. "For people that didn't [have COVID] and weren't able to practice or work out, I would think that's rust or other areas of that. The last thing is, it's a chemistry game, just like football. You can work out with quarterbacks and running backs all you want, until you work out with the line and the receivers -- it's a timing game, too. At the end of the day, you gotta make shots. And normally when the legs go, it's hard to make 3s ... That will all come and we'll get back into that rhythm.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    "Anyone that's had COVID would know when you come back you're probably not 100 percent," Drew said. "For people that didn't [have COVID] and weren't able to practice or work out, I would think that's rust or other areas of that. The last thing is, it's a chemistry game, just like football. You can work out with quarterbacks and running backs all you want, until you work out with the line and the receivers -- it's a timing game, too. At the end of the day, you gotta make shots. And normally when the legs go, it's hard to make 3s ... That will all come and we'll get back into that rhythm.
    Yeah, I don't see Few ever saying crap like that or making excuses. Drew's trying to sell his team to the committee after they laid an egg. Just about every team has had to deal with the pandemic in an adverse way. I'm glad they lost only because it elevates our team. Give us the #1 overall and keep whiny Baylor on the other side of the bracket. The Zags dealt with Covid, too, and I don't think Drew had any interest in playing GU in the regular season after that cancellation. They got a break in avoiding WVU last week as well. Cry me a river.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,356

    Default

    IIRC, we went out and spanked Virginia our 2nd game back from covid19 protocol and had the distraction of Christmas.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Yeah, I don't see Few ever saying crap like that or making excuses. Drew's trying to sell his team to the committee after they laid an egg. Just about every team has had to deal with the pandemic in an adverse way. I'm glad they lost only because it elevates our team. Give us the #1 overall and keep whiny Baylor on the other side of the bracket. The Zags dealt with Covid, too, and I don't think Drew had any interest in playing GU in the regular season after that cancellation. They got a break in avoiding WVU last week as well. Cry me a river.
    You said what I really wanted to say.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zag Country
    Posts
    3,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Yeah, I don't see Few ever saying crap like that or making excuses. Drew's trying to sell his team to the committee after they laid an egg. Just about every team has had to deal with the pandemic in an adverse way. I'm glad they lost only because it elevates our team. Give us the #1 overall and keep whiny Baylor on the other side of the bracket. The Zags dealt with Covid, too, and I don't think Drew had any interest in playing GU in the regular season after that cancellation. They got a break in avoiding WVU last week as well. Cry me a river.
    I can’t imagine Few making the mistake of compounding disappointment by setting himself up like that.
    Bonjour tristesse.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,587

    Default

    Before their season was paused, the Bears were shooting a national-best 43.9% from 3-point range. In two games since returning from the three-week layoff, the Bears are shooting just 27.5% from beyond the arc, which means one offensive thing Baylor was great at is suddenly a liability (at least temporarily).

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    796

    Default Good point

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Before their season was paused, the Bears were shooting a national-best 43.9% from 3-point range. In two games since returning from the three-week layoff, the Bears are shooting just 27.5% from beyond the arc, which means one offensive thing Baylor was great at is suddenly a liability (at least temporarily).
    I guess I didn’t know Baylor led nation in 3 point percentage. My take away from that game is the improvement of the Kansas bigs. McCormick looked great and light foot had improved as well. I guess he has a chance to be the next Perry Ellis legacy ball player per Jay bilas..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •