Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sabonis --All Star

Default Sabonis --All Star

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    · 3m
    Pacers star Domantas Sabonis is expected to replace Kevin Durant on the Eastern Conference All-Star team, source tells ESPN.

That's awesome news. He should have been selected all along. I watch as many of the Pacers Games as I can. They play through him and Brogdan

The Bonus is the Best!!!!!

Triggers a nice $1.3M incentive, hope he sends KD a nice bottle of wine!

There was a 9 year streak from the 1988-89 - 1996-97 seasons where there was a GU representative every year in the NBA All-Star game. Maybe this 2 year streak could be the start of a new record. Might need a few more GU players to get to that level, can't expect Sabonis to carry the whole load.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    There was a 9 year streak from the 1988-89 - 1996-97 seasons where there was a GU representative every year in the NBA All-Star game. Maybe this 2 year streak could be the start of a new record. Might need a few more GU players to get to that level, can't expect Sabonis to carry the whole load.
    My vote for next non Bonus one is Clarke, with Rui a dark horse and who knows with Suggs.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    My vote for next non Bonus one is Clarke, with Rui a dark horse and who knows with Suggs.
    I think Clarke is an excellent choice.

Damn he was fun to watch.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by SageOfZagville View Post
    That's awesome news. He should have been selected all along. I watch as many of the Pacers Games as I can. They play through him and Brogdan
    Love watching Sabonis and the Pacers. I’ve watched a lot of hoops in my 50+ years and never seen a player use his body so effectively to screen defenders and use those screens to sort of set the team’s offensive in motion. He is like a point screener.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Love watching Sabonis and the Pacers. I’ve watched a lot of hoops in my 50+ years and never seen a player use his body so effectively to screen defenders and use those screens to sort of set the team’s offensive in motion. He is like a point screener.
    And all the while with a smile on his face. He’s the best. Guess if your dad was among ten greatest ever to play the game that can’t hurt.

Clarke has a long ways to go before he is an all star.. needs to improve his scoring.. 13 ppg wont get him there. Needs to be able to shoot it better and create his own shot better. Tremendous role player for that team that is on the rise. But not all star.

If Rui ever moves on from Wash he can be an all star-- or if they get rid of Beal and Westbrook and make it Rui's team. RUI looks great, but the problem is that he literally stands in the corner and watches Beal and Russ dribble the damn air out of the ball. His games are so frustrating to watch.

Sabonis would have never been an all star if he stayed with OKC.. they used him horribly. Washington uses Rui just as bad. If he goes to a team where they feature him, he will be next.

Quote Originally Posted by SageOfZagville View Post
    He absolutely should have been an All-Star in the first place. I believe he may be the first 20-10-5 player in history not to make the All-Star team (except he's now made it).
    "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Clarke has a long ways to go before he is an all star.. needs to improve his scoring.. 13 ppg wont get him there. Needs to be able to shoot it better and create his own shot better. Tremendous role player for that team that is on the rise. But not all star.

If Rui ever moves on from Wash he can be an all star-- or if they get rid of Beal and Westbrook and make it Rui's team. RUI looks great, but the problem is that he literally stands in the corner and watches Beal and Russ dribble the damn air out of the ball. His games are so frustrating to watch.

Sabonis would have never been an all star if he stayed with OKC.. they used him horribly. Washington uses Rui just as bad. If he goes to a team where they feature him, he will be next.
    Makes me wish for a Rui to Pacers trade so he and Sabonis could team up.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Getting away from Westbrook might have been just what Sabonis needed to reach his potential.....

Getting away from Billy Donovan was the key

Sabonis stats steadily going up. His averages this year: 36.5 min, 21.5 pts per game, 11.7 reb, hits 52.9% FG, 34.9 from 3 and 5.7 assists. Wow!

https://www.basketball-reference.com...sabondo01.html
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

The great Zag---------Domas!

If he had just stayed one more year.........

https://gozags.com/sports/mens-baske...roster/2016-17

Sabonis is so physical when he plays, maybe they didn't want any All-Stars getting hurt [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Sabonis is so physical when he plays, maybe they didn't want any All-Stars getting hurt [/sarcasm]
    And demonstrates more passion than most of the poseurs in that league

he got ripped off, BS he's not in it

Here are highlights of the Domas triple double the other night. 36 pts-17Reb-10 Ast the other night against Minnesota. The guy is a beast and improves every month by leaps and bounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzFgtFXejxw

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    he got ripped off, BS he's not in it
    He’s in it.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    He’s in it.
    I see that now, KD's replacement, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    I see that now, KD's replacement, thanks
    Your point still remains that he should have been picked the first time around.