Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 52

Thread: Few on Gregg

  1. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Perry reminds most of Brandon Clarke because he is very bouncy and likes to dunk and block shots, but he's already a fair amount bigger than Brandon ever was. I would guess he has him by 2 inches and 20lbs easy.
    i think people make the comp just because of the athleticism/hops...but their games are fairly different. perry is more of a bruiser underneath...he often plays bully-ball in high school and he's got the size/strength to do that at the next level too. and while he can really jump and dunk, perry's not quite the overall quick-twitch athlete and the ball skills are also not as natural...bc's basketball iq is really underrated. perry might have the higher ceiling though, just because he's got the size to be a true 4.

    to me, perry is more like a bigger elias harris but without the perimeter game yet...that's where ben gregg comes in...they really should work well together, though i wish ben was a little more athletic...maybe that will improve in the offseason.

  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Ben is a player right now. Confident, quick, rangy, willing to shoot. Iím totally comfortable with him in the rotation. Pity he wasnít played more all year.
    I agree, he has looked that way since day one.
    Initially I thought It may be because he should still be in high school so I wasn't expecting much. He is the only young player that has come off the bench in garbage time or real time and has blended into the flow of the game without a hitch. Straw and Dom were both a little rough the at first although you could see the potential and both look like they have switched gears. Omuar is still just 18 so he will be fine but Gregg looks like you can just plug him in and he is ready now.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    14,282

    Default

    he looks good

    plays a position the Zags currently don't have on the roster besides him...stretch 4. AW is not a stretch 4, neither is Timme, neither is Kispert, etc.

    Gregg is

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,800

    Default

    ballo has the size and strength to be a rim protector,
    i expect our
    'big' experts will coach him up to that.
    i give that kid credit for a lot of guts, he must feel like a stranger
    in a strange land sometimes, and i hope the team extends themselves
    to him so he has some personal pals. homesickness probably greater
    than any of us on this board have experienced

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    ballo has the size and strength to be a rim protector,
    i expect our
    'big' experts will coach him up to that.
    i give that kid credit for a lot of guts, he must feel like a stranger
    in a strange land sometimes, and i hope the team extends themselves
    to him so he has some personal pals. homesickness probably greater
    than any of us on this board have experienced
    The same minority of people who are crapping on Balloís game are the same guys who did the same thing to Kispert, Ayayi, Perkins, Karnikian, Wiltjer, Oylynk, D Stockton, and Rem. Ballo is going to be a beast and Iíve seen significant improvement with his game this year. Iíve also seen how endeared his is with his teammates and that endearment is a critical cog to this program going forward for the last 20 yrs.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    7,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    The same minority of people who are crapping on Balloís game are the same guys who did the same thing to Kispert, Ayayi, Perkins, Karnikian, Wiltjer, Oylynk, D Stockton, and Rem. Ballo is going to be a beast and Iíve seen significant improvement with his game this year. Iíve also seen how endeared his is with his teammates and that endearment is a critical cog to this program going forward for the last 20 yrs.
    Yep
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,274

    Default

    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a playerís failures as a personal affrontÖ. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spo Vegas
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    he looks good

    plays a position the Zags currently don't have on the roster besides him...stretch 4. AW is not a stretch 4, neither is Timme, neither is Kispert, etc.

    Gregg is
    Kispert does a pretty good stretch 4 impersonation, and heís been doing a lot of it.

    Ben looks good, but I donít know how many meaningful minutes heíll see in the tournament.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    14,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    Kispert does a pretty good stretch 4 impersonation, and he’s been doing a lot of it.

    Ben looks good, but I don’t know how many meaningful minutes he’ll see in the tournament.
    Not saying Gregg will get meaningful minutes, only that if there is foul trouble he could play a position not on the roster now. CK a stretch 4?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    14,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    The same minority of people who are crapping on Ballo’s game are the same guys who did the same thing to Kispert, Ayayi, Perkins, Karnikian, Wiltjer, Oylynk, D Stockton, and Rem. Ballo is going to be a beast and I’ve seen significant improvement with his game this year. I’ve also seen how endeared his is with his teammates and that endearment is a critical cog to this program going forward for the last 20 yrs.
    yep

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spo Vegas
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    Not saying Gregg will get meaningful minutes, only that if there is foul trouble he could play a position not on the roster now. CK a stretch 4?
    When we throw three guards out there with Cory and either Timme or Watson, CK is the “4.” That is our best lineup IMO.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    14,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    When we throw three guards out there with Cory and either Timme or Watson, CK is the “4.” That is our best lineup IMO.
    Right on. I like that lineup too, depending on the matchups. Maybe it's semantics we're discussing, but that is a 4 guard lineup to me. Interesting that with the bigger opponents the last 2 games, more and more AW and Drew together out there, slugging it out in the twin tower approach. Corey matched up with wings usually too, not every time but mostly, as other teams have tried hard to take away his jumper. AW has been positioned on the perimeter too, but I wouldn't call him a stretch 4 tho he plays that role at times

    Anyway, Gregg's skillset is classic stretch 4, Corey's is classic wing, imho, wherever they line up. Hope that made sense

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spo Vegas
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    Yes Cory is an amazing wing, but he’s big and strong enough to hold his own with most college forwards so I suppose I’ve always kind of thought of him as a stretch 4. He’s definitely a 3 at the next level, and that will be fun to watch also!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

  14. #39

    Default

    I know this is supposed to be about Gregg but I always thought of Cory more of a 2 at the next level. Kind of a Klay Thompson type of guy. 2 or 3 in today's game i guess are pretty similar, more and more trend to position less basketball.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Corey is a shooter at the next level. Just has to be able to stay on the court defensively. Positions have never mattered less.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    The same minority of people who are crapping on Ballo’s game are the same guys who did the same thing to Kispert, Ayayi, Perkins, Karnikian, Wiltjer, Oylynk, D Stockton, and Rem. Ballo is going to be a beast and I’ve seen significant improvement with his game this year. I’ve also seen how endeared his is with his teammates and that endearment is a critical cog to this program going forward for the last 20 yrs.
    Ok I agree with this sentiment, but what does Rem have to do with anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    Not saying Gregg will get meaningful minutes, only that if there is foul trouble he could play a position not on the roster now. CK a stretch 4?
    Depth is important, as fouls or minor injuries can cause major headaches. I'm glad he's been getting some minutes here and there and building confidence.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Ok I agree with this sentiment, but what does Rem have to do with anything?
    Rem not so much, but Karnikian, wow that was a player.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Rem not so much, but Karnikian, wow that was a player.

    Love me some "Karnikian"...especially with a side of gravy...mmmmm

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    I know this is supposed to be about Gregg but I always thought of Cory more of a 2 at the next level. Kind of a Klay Thompson type of guy. 2 or 3 in today's game i guess are pretty similar, more and more trend to position less basketball.
    He mentioned in a Dan Dickau podcast that this (Thompson) is exactly whom he aspires to be like.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    14,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Corey is a shooter at the next level. Just has to be able to stay on the court defensively. Positions have never mattered less.
    no doubt, and the evolution of the 'stretch 4' helped that happen interestingly! my nutshell defintion: rim protector who can also streeeetch it out on O and D to operate from the perimeter, hit open weakside 3s when Ds collapse for whatever reason (post up, double teams, dribble penetration, etc.) Euros influence big in it with 3 point line intro

    fun thread. I'm psyched for tournament games to begin

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    9,017

    Default

    matt gregg
    @_mgregg50
    Little Ben @vanillagorilla_12 getting some run in with Gonzaga legend Kyle Wiltjer
    @kwiltj
    Old dog teaching and ruining nets. @ CC Perry Gym- Warner Pacific College https://instagram.com/p/CP9DtJasF7Z/?utm_medium=twitter

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    matt gregg
    @_mgregg50
    Little Ben @vanillagorilla_12 getting some run in with Gonzaga legend Kyle Wiltjer
    @kwiltj
    Old dog teaching and ruining nets. @ CC Perry Gym- Warner Pacific College https://instagram.com/p/CP9DtJasF7Z/?utm_medium=twitter
    When was that taken? If recently...the bed rest must be over.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  24. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    When was that taken? If recently...the bed rest must be over.
    I think the bed rest was for Perry - not Gregg. Is that correct.?

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    When was that taken? If recently...the bed rest must be over.
    Bed rest? I may be out of touch, but when was Gregg on bed rest? Are you thinking of Kaden Perry?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •