Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IS IT ILLEGAL TO: ..... ???

Default IS IT ILLEGAL TO: ..... ???

There will be NO lawyering on this thread.

We need a thread (or not) where people can ask whether something is SO good, or SO cool, that it might well be illegal.

For Example: Is it illegal to cook eggs in the bacon grease these days? Or does one have to have a doctor's note?

No one is allowed to answer with: "But it is a bad idea."

By Definition All of the below will be BAD IDEAS. We are simply asking whether the Foo's consensus is "Legal" or "Illegal"

Is it illegal to take your huge dog on "rides" in your sedan, so he can put his head out the window and ruin the front seats?

Married men: Is it illegal to spend extra time (not flirting) extra time speaking to a woman at work or at a social event JUST BC SHE'S ATTRACTIVE, more time than we would with another woman? We are very much aware that anything more is an aggravated felony.

(Jazzgirl: As our sister, you are allowed to answer the above question but you must do so with a dispassionate application of Foo law.)

I only start ####y threads. This is one. Have at it.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Can someone explain how one cooks eggs in bacon grease? I have not done this, but it sounds fantastic. How much grease does one need? Is there a different procedure? For scrambled eggs specifically, does the addition of bacon grease lend itself to other additions, e.g. onions?

Quote Originally Posted by Pallet View Post
    Can someone explain how one cooks eggs in bacon grease? I have not done this, but it sounds fantastic. How much grease does one need? Is there a different procedure? For scrambled eggs specifically, does the addition of bacon grease lend itself to other additions, e.g. onions?
    Cook the bacon. Then cook the eggs in the same pan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pallet View Post
    I don't use bacon grease, but you can put anything you want in scrambled eggs. I've done various combinations using stuff like onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, cubed ham, summer sausage.

Way back in the day, when we did our extension on house which included a new kitchen, we got a viking wide enough for 8 burners but got one section done as a griddle. When we make a nice pancake breakfast... we start with bacon on the griddle and then do the pancakes right on top after the bacon is done. Don't care if it is bad for you... tastes too damn good to care.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

You need to cook breakfast potatoes in bacon grease too. Game. Changer. I keep the grease from bacon in the fridge and always cook eggs in it. I only use a small amount (but use a non stick skillet so it may need more in Stainless?), Basically I melt about the size of a quarter to a half dollar for an egg. We do occasionally add red onions or peppers into scrambled eggs. There's a hot sauce we love called Cajun Tears, it's so good on eggs. I like to add potatoes in with scrambled eggs or omlets, I learned to make "Tortillas espanola" in high school Spanish class and it's something I've done every chance I get (including using leftover french fries).

So the answer is "Yes" or we're all going to Foo Jail.

My grandmother always did it that way but since the whole health conscious, cholesterol thing, I got used to just a little spray oil. Until my daughter kept asking for them that way and I figure she's a kid, let her have it.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I keep my bacon grease. Have a rubber container with a built in strainer on top that I pour it into each time I cook bacon. Keep it in the fridge. It is great for sautéing most anything.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Way back in the day, when we did our extension on house which included a new kitchen, we got a viking wide enough for 8 burners but got one section done as a griddle. When we make a nice pancake breakfast... we start with bacon on the griddle and then do the pancakes right on top after the bacon is done. Don't care if it is bad for you... tastes too damn good to care.
    Exactly
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Bacon fat is a great starter for taco meat.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Married men: Is it illegal to spend extra time (not flirting) extra time speaking to a woman at work or at a social event JUST BC SHE'S ATTRACTIVE, more time than we would with another woman? We are very much aware that anything more is an aggravated felony.

(Jazzgirl: As our sister, you are allowed to answer the above question but you must do so with a dispassionate application of Foo law.)

I only start ####y threads. This is one. Have at it.
    I have pointed out particularly attractive women to my wife at parties and events. She normally agrees. Then one time I said “I think she’s lost, can we bring her home?” That actually was a bad idea.
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Hash browns that aren't cooked with some amount of bacon grease ought to be illegal.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

I really can't answer the attractive woman question... As a woman, I want to say "well, I at least hope she has a good personality that makes you want to continue the chat"...but as a wife, I'm thinking "I hope she's dull AF and has no sense of humor" ... because that presents zero threat.

It is not illegal to have "breakfast" for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    It is NOT illegal to have pie for breakfast.
    Are you laughing at ME?

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    No way.

When I was a kid having bacon and eggs for dinner was a treat, kind of like when dad showed up with one of those old-school buckets of KFC.

Of course, we had cold cereal for breakfast, so bacon/eggs would obviously be a treat.

I make bacon/eggs/fruit for my daughter every day. But I only have one so it's easier.
    Mark Twain.

If licking the bowl after having ice cream is wrong, I don't want to be right. Not illegal as far as I know.

It is not illegal to have pizza any time of day, for any meal or a snack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I really can't answer the attractive woman question... As a woman, I want to say "well, I at least hope she has a good personality that makes you want to continue the chat"...but as a wife, I'm thinking "I hope she's dull AF and has no sense of humor" ... because that presents zero threat.
    Whenever my youngest daughter wants to make fun of something her sister says that she thinks is dumb she says "at least your pretty."
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Whenever my youngest daughter wants to make fun of something her sister says that she thinks is dumb she says "at least your pretty."
    That is very cool and funny.

My daughter listened to a song I was listening to, something fast, hard, skater music, cannot remember what it was, she throws the headphones back, "Not bad, boomer."

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

JzG: Great answer on the attractive thing. Something to remember.
    Mark Twain.

That is very cool and funny.

My daughter listened to a song I was listening to, something fast, hard, skater music, cannot remember what it was, she throws the headphones back, "Not bad, boomer."

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

JzG: Great answer on the attractive thing. Something to remember.
    I was listening to some 90s alt rock, when my youngest son generalized it as old music from the “19-somethings.” He lumped an entire century of pop culture into a single category of stale, old people music. I might as well have been listening to Lawrence Welk.

Is it illegal to watch South Park with your young teen?

Before anyone say anything, I do flip the channel instantly if it looks to be getting gross, but I do that when I watch, too.

I feel like "She's not hearing a thing she hasn't heard at school" and I figure that South Park teaches enough good lessons (and they do) that it's at least a wash.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I was listening to some 90s alt rock, when my youngest son generalized it as old music from the “19-somethings.” He lumped an entire century of pop culture into a single category of stale, old people music. I might as well have been listening to Lawrence Welk.
    Man, that is harsh, considering the fact that I think the 90s put out the best decade of music in my time on earth.

My daughter has taken to "grunge" and loves the Nirvana t-shirt and flannel shirt over it. I approve.
    Mark Twain.

Ha ha, young people. For any of them that casually dismiss anything from a 40 or 50 year period as "old people music" I think there are some that have an appreciation for and embrace music from previous eras. There's a whole phenomenon of being nostalgic for a time before you were born.

Is it illegal to watch South Park with your young teen?

Before anyone say anything, I do flip the channel instantly if it looks to be getting gross, but I do that when I watch, too.

I feel like "She's not hearing a thing she hasn't heard at school" and I figure that South Park teaches enough good lessons (and they do) that it's at least a wash.
    I don't have kids, but I think you can trust your judgement. South Park is really hit and miss, but when they are on it's absolutely hilarious, and also incredibly astute and timely social and political criticism.