• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zags1993
    Bulldog Fan
    • May 2017

Sport Illustrated Latest Draft Board

Sport Illustrated released their new Draft board this morning.
    Jalen #4
    Corey #9
    Joël #28

Cade Cunningham, Evan Mobley, Jonathan Kuminga and Jalen Suggs lead The Crossover's top 60 prospect rankings.
  • TravelinZag
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2012

Thanks, Zags 1993. There will be further changes. Simple for Jalen & Corey. Ayayi’s ranking near bottom of first round is probably only a two-way contract. Did I miss Timme’s name?

Comment

• Mr Vulture
      Zag for Life
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Zags1993 View Post
      Sport Illustrated released their new Draft board this morning.
      Jalen #4
      Corey #9
      Joël #28

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/02/24/20...op-60-rankings
      Suggs (top 3), Kispert (late lottery), and Ayayi (35th-50th) are the most likely outcomes in the draft. Not sure who does this for SI but the most accurate ones aren't remotely close to this on Ayayi. I would be beyond shocked if Ayayi was taken in the first round. With that said, I do think he can play at the NBA level and do so for years as a role player.

Givony (Feb9) - Suggs (4), Kispert (10), Ayayi (52)
      Vecenie (Feb21) - Suggs (4), Kispert (21), Ayayi (not listed in 1st round)
      Consensus (Feb10) - Suggs (3), Kispert (11), Ayayi (not listed in top 43)
      Last edited by Mr Vulture; 02-24-2021, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
        Zag for Life
        • May 2008

Originally posted by TravelinZag View Post
        Thanks, Zags 1993. There will be further changes. Simple for Jalen & Corey. Ayayi’s ranking near bottom of first round is probably only a two-way contract. Did I miss Timme’s name?
        Drafted players don't get two way contracts. All first round contracts are fully guaranteed and second rounders are becoming mostly guaranteed. The two way deals are typically the top UDFA guys. That doesn't mean that a drafted player won't play in the G League, it just means that they are paid their regular salary.

Comment

• tyra
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

So several of the national game announcers have begun to throw some shade Drew’s way and suggested he is a legitimate contender with Luca Garza for national player of the year. Yet, he is not in the Top 60 in the SI board. ????

Comment

• Mr Vulture
            Zag for Life
            • May 2008

Originally posted by tyra View Post
            So several of the national game announcers have begun to throw some shade Drew’s way and suggested he is a legitimate contender with Luca Garza for national player of the year. Yet, he is not in the Top 60 in the SI board. ????
            It's an NBA draft board, so it's about projection to the next level. There is zero chance Drew would get drafted into the NBA this year, so he's not on the board. Drew needs to get much stronger and extend his range in particular to get looks. The other issue is that he isn't what the NBA would term a great athlete for that level, so they will knock him for that. Doesn't mean he can't carve out a role in the NBA down the road, it just means that he has work to do.

Comment

• OntZags
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
              Suggs (top 3), Kispert (late lottery), and Ayayi (35th-50th) are the most likely outcomes in the draft. Not sure who does this for SI but the most accurate ones aren't remotely close to this on Ayayi. I would be beyond shocked if Ayayi was taken in the first round. With that said, I do think he can play at the NBA level and do so for years as a role player.
              You realize most late first rounders - on average - don't even manage to stick around the league as role players, right? So if you think Ayayi can be a successful role player in the league, then him being a late first rounder is hardly crazy.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                Zag for Life
                • Jun 2017

Garza averaged 24 and 10 last year and came back because he wasn't going to be drafted, good chance he won't be this year either. NBA drafts on potential and NBA fit, not college production. NBA and NCAA are 2 very different games.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Drew will zoom up the draft boards during March Madness, just like Sabonis and Zach Collins.

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2008

In my opinion, Drew will follow Cory’s path. He probably needs at least one more year to work on his conditioning and to develop more range in his jump shot. Cory is so much farther along than he was a year ago. Drew will get there too.
                    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• Pallet
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
                      In my opinion, Drew will follow Cory’s path. He probably needs at least one more year to work on his conditioning and to develop more range in his jump shot. Cory is so much farther along than he was a year ago. Drew will get there too.
                      He could be like another Cory and turn into Chisel. Violette extended his range and got into much better shape over his time.

Comment

• Malastein
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                        Drew will zoom up the draft boards during March Madness, just like Sabonis and Zach Collins.
                        Timme would either need to show high level defensive abilities or competence in outside shooting. That doesn’t mean that I don’t think he’ll be a successful pro, but his game right now is lacking in a few general areas that limit his draft potential. My guess is that he’ll stick around one more season, and then become a first rounder.
                        The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

• tummydoc
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                          Tex, did you borrow Jazz's Sabonis tinted glasses?

Comment

• White lightning
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by tummydoc View Post
                            Tex, did you borrow Jazz's Sabonis tinted glasses?
                            + 200%

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by White lightning View Post
                              + 200%

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                              On both counts. Ridiculous the Bonus was snubbed for dumb ASG.

Comment

Working...
                              X