X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malastein
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

April 5th seems like the best time to reschedule Baylor...
    The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Malastein View Post
      April 5th seems like the best time to reschedule Baylor...
      I see what you did there.
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Reborn
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by hushpuppy View Post
        Creighton is off until 2/24. That would be a phenomenally fun game (and a good test).
        I really like the idea of playing Creighton. It would be a really good game, and a lot of fun for both teams. I like their coach a lot.
        I don't feel that its necessary to play a team ranked in top 25. I'd say any team in the top 50 would qualify as a very good game. Teams in the top 50 are pretty darn good, like BYU. I would love to play USC. They are a really good team and are on the West Coast. I ALWAYS love playing the best teams in the PAC 12 just to show them that we are better. Even UCLA would qualify this year, and have Bill Walton be the announcer.

Go Zags!
        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• zagdontzig
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2016

I mean, why not? Yea, it doesn't help to win, and a loss hurts, but it's pretty cool to say we beat Kansas, West Virginia, UVA, and UNC all in one year. Do it for the 'gram.

Also, tweet o'the day: https://twitter.com/BSchwartzUVA/sta...50099801104387
          Originally posted by Reborn
          Go Zags!!!
          Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• Kiddwell
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Quad-1 Teams/"Nearby" List

Meet any of 'em Halfway, get ESPN or CBS involved!

04. Houston -- suddenly available for Sunday, except we're playing Saturday, yes? How 'bout getting them to move their Sunday game to Monday? We can change our name for the game -- Our Lady of Lake Coeur d'Alene. (Shhh, don't tell anybody!)

Memphis postponed its game Sunday at No. 8 Houston due to ongoing issues with COVID-19 and contact tracing.

12. Creighton (not so nearby)
            14. Colorado
            19. USC (we were gonna play them anyway, right, in Portland?)
            22. San Diego State
            35. Oregon
            41. Arizona
            46. Utah State
            48. UCLA
            50. Boise State (never gonna happen between friends save in the NCAA's)

View the 2023-24 Men's College Basketball power index on ESPN. The BPI is the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season.

:]
            Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• Irish_eliZAG
              Kennel Club Alum
              • Aug 2018

Originally posted by willandi View Post
              Probably right.

Are you just getting up or staying up late?
              Usually I go to bed early and set up an alarm for 2 am
              Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Comment

• Zags11
                Banned
                • Mar 2008

Usc would be a very good challenge.

Comment

• willandi
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

Two weeks from the last currently scheduled game until the Sat of the conference tournament.

Would the Zags do better to spend the two weeks practicing, healing and staying safe, or schedule one or two opponents in the interim, getting playing time but possibly exposing the team to COVID and/or injury?

That said...if they had to quarantine instead of the conference tourney, that might be the best of both worlds for both the Zags and the WCC, as long as no one got truly sick.
                  Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Jedster
                    Bleeds GU Blue
                    • Oct 2009

I think you'd rather play someone else prior to the WCC tourney and then after the tourney play it extra careful to not expose the team to Covid. If you play someone prior to the WCC tourney and you have a Covid situation where you can't play, GU will still go to the NCAA as a 1 seed. Getting Covid after the WCC tourney puts you in greater jeopardy of not being able to play in the NCAA's.

I would also guess with how fluid scheduling is and the way the cancellations are happening, we might only have a few days to almost a week to find out an opponent.

Comment

• CDC84
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

I can't see anyone of substance wanting to bypass their league tourney or whatever to play Gonzaga.

The thing that some Zag fans don't want to admit because they are afraid they may appear arrogant to other team's fans.......if you are a power team, do you want to have your butt kicked by the best team in college basketball? Is that going to make you look good? I've heard at least 3 major college basketball writers say the same thing. That they suspect teams have rejected playing GU because they don't wish to risk being embarrassed like Virginia was. Not everyone has a take on all comers personality.

Seems like a long wait from the end of senior day to the start of the NCAA's.

Comment

• Bogozags
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                        I can't see anyone of substance wanting to bypass their league tourney or whatever to play Gonzaga.

The thing that some Zag fans don't want to admit because they are afraid they may appear arrogant to other team's fans.......if you are a power team, do you want to have your butt kicked by the best team in college basketball? Is that going to make you look good? I've heard at least 3 major college basketball writers say the same thing. That they suspect teams have rejected playing GU because they don't wish to risk being embarrassed like Virginia was. Not everyone has a take on all comers personality.

Seems like a long wait from the end of senior day to the start of the NCAA's.

Couldn't agree more...a loss to the worst team in the country is the same as a loss to the best team in the country...the only program I think that would play us still is Baylor but all the other ranked teams' coaches have a gut feeling that on a neutral court that the final score would not be in their favor...we don't need anymore Q1 wins as we are a 1-seed...there isn't anyone...imo... on the Selection Committee that won't have GU as the top 1-seed or the second 1-seed depending on how and if Baylor plays anymore regular season games...I still think they have a possible loss coming their way before reaching the tournament...they still have several tough games remaining and then the B12 Tourney too...

No reason for Michigan, OSU, Houston or others to play GU and have another loss outside of their conference.

I'm skeptical about the B10 anyway...likely to get 8-10 teams in and most never played any tough OOC games...so they all played each other what does that actually mean...maybe I'm wrong...

Comment

• sittingon50
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

I have a source telling me SCU & LMU @ home next week.
                          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• rawkmandale
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                            That makes total sense. We haven't played either team yet.

Comment

• GoZags
                              Super Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Fiddy. Da. Man.
                              sigpic
                              “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                              ——-
                              List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                              Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jun 2017

I wonder what days as both SCU and LMU have games scheduled next week for Thursday and Saturday. Monday-Tuesday back to back maybe? I hope so, I'd like to see both this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X