Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 132

Thread: GAME THREAD: Zags @BYU - 2.8.2021

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    18,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Sorry to say this, but I really didn’t miss Ballo.
    (Me too). Shh

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19,043

    Default

    BYU is being BYU

    Swatting at everything, grabbing everything, elbows everywhere, just being a big enough pain in the ass that it gets our timing off and makes us miss bunnies.

    I swear, everytime we play these guys our players' hands and wrists have to be chapped red.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    So other than the 2 minutes where I wasn't allowed to watch, gu is even with byu. I'm turning off the tv I'm jinxing them
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Timme showing Suggs and Kispert aren't the only QB's on the team.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gobroncsgozags View Post
    Totally different team with Suggs on the bench tonight. He HAS to adjust to the crap WCC reffing.
    Game changed a little after Sugg's second foul (and it wasn't a foul).

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    7,921

    Default

    5 points last five minutes. Ouch
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    14,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GU69 View Post
    Game changed a little after Sugg's second foul (and it wasn't a foul).
    now Nemby with 3, a couple of bad ones down the stretch

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    14,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    5 points last five minutes. Ouch
    Watson's fault

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    The Zags not passing the ball around enough. I miss that crisp passing. Taking uncharacteristic shots. And of course, missing some bunnies. Let's not blame this game on the refs, like some like to do. We aren't playing our best. Should be 20 points up.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    14,275

    Default

    Suggs with improved decision making last few games seems to me

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    No way! The guys are playing terrible. They should be up at least 30. Anything less is just atrocious play!

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Yup.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,345

    Default

    Officiating has been awful. Good to see Ballo back on the court. He looks noticeably slimmer than the start of the season. He needs to play more disciplined defense though.

    Ayayi has been missing some pretty good looks too, but has been making some hustle plays as well.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,776

    Default

    Take care of ball and make free throws

    Make bunnies

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    14,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    The Zags not passing the ball around enough. I miss that crisp passing. Taking uncharacteristic shots. And of course, missing some bunnies. Let's not blame this game on the refs, like some like to do. We aren't playing our best. Should be 20 points up.
    I don't know who that is aimed at, but I wasn't blaming the refs. i blame them when they deserve it, and they too often do

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Saying that is verboten! The officiating is perfection. The guys are just playing terribly!

    Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Officiating has been awful. Good to see Ballo back on the court. He looks noticeably slimmer than the start of the season. He needs to play more disciplined defense though.

    Ayayi has been missing some pretty good looks too, but has been making some hustle plays as well.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,345

    Default

    I hope the Zags schedule a good non conference opponent this week just so that they can get some officials who aren’t from the WCC.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    14,275

    Default

    and I'm happy to call out their BS...the refs that is when they stink

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drvenkman05 View Post
    Saying that is verboten! The officiating is perfection. The guys are just playing terribly!
    Um, are you being sarcastic?

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Take care of ball and make free throws

    Make bunnies
    Yup. Those things would make a huge difference. They're not playing all that well, and have been just treading water since the first couple of minutes.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    I hope the Zags schedule a good non conference opponent this week just so that they can get some officials who aren’t from the WCC.
    There aren't specific WCC officials.
    These will be the west coast guys that also do Pac 12 and Mountain West and other west coast based conferences.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    It gets boring listening to the criticism of the officials. The Zags aren't playing their best ball. They should be ahead by 20. Work the ball into Timme the second half. He seems to be the go to guy thus far.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)
    Posts
    888

    Default

    There must have been a half dozen balls that swirled in the cylinder before rimming out. Hopefully, facilities management has the rims within spec.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

    Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Yes, it’s a joke because some folks seem to only have one script - either we lead by 20 or we’re playing terribly. One terrible call took Suggs out and had a big effect on the rest of the half.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Um, are you being sarcastic?

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    There must have been a half dozen balls that swirled in the cylinder before rimming out. Hopefully, facilities management has the rims within spec.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Those rims were greased, I'm convinced of it.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    7,921

    Default

    Interesting Farnham has a zag jersey on his wall
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •