Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teams You Do Not Want In Zags Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Oh my. That tall, Bucknell grad in the $2,000 suit happens to be the best in the business and scares the beegeezes out of me. The best system in CBB and the best kids to run it.
    You have shirts that cost more than $2000

Meanwhile, I am lucky to drive a car that costs more.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

A lot of people here are going to be really disappointed when we get walloped by a “lesser” team. There are 10-15 teams right now that could beat us any given night. The field is not as far behind us and Baylor as we’re being told. If we had a couple more options down low and one more good three point shooter it might be different, but as it is...

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    A lot of people here are going to be really disappointed when we get walloped by a “lesser” team. There are 10-15 teams right now that could beat us any given night. The field is not as far behind us and Baylor as we’re being told. If we had a couple more options down low and one more good three point shooter it might be different, but as it is...
    - agree, it has been awhile since after a game i could say, wow, that was an impressive game.
    - tonights game was not impressive.
    - 'most' teams listed above 'could' have beaten the zags tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - agree, it has been awhile since after a game i could say, wow, that was an impressive game.
    - tonights game was not impressive.
    - 'most' teams listed above 'could' have beaten the zags tonight.
    I’m just going to say it to be fair but we are about to finish on Saturday 6 of the past 7 games on the road including 5 in a row lol. And we still toying with teams. 6 of 7 on the road or 5 in a row has to be exhausting especially with all the protocols. You can’t look at this as a normal year. Defense travels. And that’s what we’ve been traveling with
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    I’m just going to say it to be fair but we are about to finish on Saturday 6 of the past 7 games on the road including 5 in a row lol. And we still toying with teams. 6 of 7 on the road or 5 in a row has to be exhausting especially with all the protocols. You can’t look at this as a normal year. Defense travels. And that’s what we’ve been traveling with
    - i hear what you are saying, covid protocols, isolation, road games, it is not easy and yes our defense has been improving steadily (kenpom #7)
    - but you can't 'toy' with michigan, villanova, texas, baylor, alabama and so on and so on.
    - i'm hopeful this team can focus on both sides of the ball and quite frankly throttle some teams, put them away by half up by 25. they are good enough to do so i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    You have shirts that cost more than $2000

Meanwhile, I am lucky to drive a car that costs more.
    Good call, but not anymore. Once, plenty of Turnbull & Asser custom jobs, six hunge, three months to make, Regent Street or 57th St.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Good call, but not anymore. Once, plenty of Turnbull & Asser custom jobs, six hunge, three months to make, Regent Street or 57th St.
    Yikes. I once walked into a NYC tie store. Found a GREAT tie. Of course, no price tags. Asked how much...80. Awesome. Go to check out -- 80 meant 800. We laughed all they way back to our hotel. Only a fool would...

A night at club 21 cost me far, far less. And without those stupid cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Yikes. I once walked into a NYC tie store. Found a GREAT tie. Of course, no price tags. Asked how much...80. Awesome. Go to check out -- 80 meant 800. We laughed all they way back to our hotel. Only a fool would...

A night at club 21 cost me far, far less. And without those stupid cigars.
    $800 a tie? Musta been super high end designer like Charvet, Lanvin, etc.

https://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/stefa...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Quote Originally Posted by kyle dixon View Post
    Isn’t that what everyone says every year? He was at South Dakota state for 10 years. Anyone, any time!
    The "Dauminator" ... never got drafted by NBA, now playing in Spain. Never saw a shot he didn't take!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Regarding the thread topic, would prefer not to play:

VILLANOVA ... Coach Jay Wright plays for keeps every game, but especially in March. Want no part of the Wildcats until Final 4.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Regarding the thread topic, would prefer not to play:

VILLANOVA ... Coach Jay Wright plays for keeps every game, but especially in March. Want no part of the Wildcats until Final 4.
    That’s what I’m talking about. A terrifying matchup before the FF.

Indiana. Simply because of locale.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagricultural View Post
    Indiana. Simply because of locale.
    Great point.....

Teams that don’t want to see Gonzaga in their bracket.

All of them.

Not worried about any team we might see before the final 4. Gonzaga could lose, no doubt. But they are better than every team not named Butler when playing at their best. By a lot.