View Poll Results: The BZ Bulldog of the Game - @ UOP - 02. 04. 21 ?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suggs

42 44.21%
  • Ayayi

0 0%
  • Timme

41 43.16%
  • Watson

0 0%
  • Kispert

5 5.26%
  • Nembhard

0 0%
  • Cook

7 7.37%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The BZ Bulldog of the Game - @ UOP - 02. 04. 21

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    I guess life is good if this is what bothers you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I've gotten over it, I think. I have a BIL who usually mispronounces Gonzaga. I've given up on it.

It was very close between Timme and Suggs but I voted for Timme when he got more aggressive in the 2nd half. But in reality the game turned when Damon got the T. So given how ugly this game was maybe it was Damon.

I thought this game showcased a few of the flaws of the team that we need to work on. One, if Kispert isn't hitting 3's we have almost no one else that is dangerous from deep. This can allow a team to just try to clog the lane and dare us to shoot. Suggs is very streaky from deep, Ayayi is ok, and the rest are just not that good. Really need someone like Cook to to fill that role a bit more, he's shot well in the past so I know he's capable.

The other issue is we can play pretty soft at times. Our Center/Power forward combo had 6 rebounds and 1 offensive board for the entire game, combined. That's not luck, it's hustle and toughness. I thought Cook really helped fire up the team with his energy because when we actually matched Pacific's energy the last 10 minutes we completely blew them out of the water.

I feel that in the past these are the kinds of games we'd lose. You're not always going to play well but the truly great teams are the ones that find a way to get it done even when everything is going wrong. Meanwhile, no offense to Pacific but it really took one lousy charge call and their team imploded. Coach freaked out and you could tell the body language of the players completely changed for the rest of the game.

Going with Cook as player of the game because we desperately needed someone to come in the game and get everyone else's energy going.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I've gotten over it, I think. I have a BIL who usually mispronounces Gonzaga. I've given up on it.
    I'm guessing you are a better man from it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    I'm guessing you are a better man from it!!!

Bad guess...lolol.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Clinic on how not to call the block/charge call?
    Exactly, plus a few other gems. At least they got the flagrant 2 against Corey correct, but I had my doubts while they were reviewing the tape.

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Bad guess...lolol.

does anyone know how a person can see the whole game,
    my dvr taped the wrong game,
    when i watched it live after missing the first quarter or so,
    my cable station stopped the game right when Corey got clobbered .
    how come when we watch zag games, we often miss the beginning because they are letting the previus game finish out, and tonight when i was watching the game on the channel not programmed for it it stopped at the end of the game, leaving us viewers in the dark.
    i suppose it is all due to last minute changes,
    anyway i need to find a way to view the first and last quarters of the game

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Suggs
    I could not vote for anyone tonight.Just a bad,bad game period.

Jalen kept us in teh game
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Cook

He reminded everyone that they could play.
    Bonjour tristesse.

Jim Meehan's Game Story: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...f40fd-82781231

“We went out and attacked them. The first half, we were letting them push us around and not really fighting back,” said Suggs, who finished with 19 points and nine rebounds. “Coach (Few) came in (at half) and told us, ‘We’re in a dogfight now, we gave them life. Now we have to go out in the second half and execute and win the game.’ ”

Cook was a key contributor on Gonzaga’s smaller lineup. He had another strong effort off the bench, filling in when Kispert picked up his fourth foul just inside the 10-minute mark.

Quote Originally Posted by john montana View Post
    Cook. I thought he was unbelievable on defense and really set the tone
    Cook got my vote too. Regardless of stats, his presence obviously calmed things down for Zags and got them moving in the right direction.
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    does anyone know how a person can see the whole game,
    my dvr taped the wrong game,
    when i watched it live after missing the first quarter or so,
    my cable station stopped the game right when Corey got clobbered .
    how come when we watch zag games, we often miss the beginning because they are letting the previus game finish out, and tonight when i was watching the game on the channel not programmed for it it stopped at the end of the game, leaving us viewers in the dark.
    i suppose it is all due to last minute changes,
    anyway i need to find a way to view the first and last quarters of the game
    Maybe the CBS sport app? I don't know if they do replays. I couldn't find any replays on the web version.

Has to be Suggs, Timme second, was happy to see Corey and Timme wake up in the second half but this trend is concerning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suggs was great, Cook great energy and effort on D. Timme gets my vote, he is the rock in the paint. Watty showing more life on the offensive end but Drew is the go 2 guy. Pacific really clogged the paint and cutt off passing lanes not allowing much in the way of guards cutting and getting easy buckets. Without Timme as ugly as the game was could have been much worse as Zags sot below %30 from 3.

Suggs for sure. Played a complete game both ends of the court.

Decided to go with Timme.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time