Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Schedule this week?

Syracuse now available, as Louisville had to cancel. Oh, nevermind, that game was scheduled for today. Louisville is supposed to play Virginia on Saturday.....would we want to give them a rematch?

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Syracuse now available, as Louisville had to cancel. Oh, nevermind, that game was scheduled for today. Louisville is supposed to play Virginia on Saturday.....would we want to give them a rematch?
    I think at this point we're left with either some more crappy wcc games against one or two punching bags or nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    I think at this point we're left with either some more crappy wcc games against one or two punching bags or nothing at all.
    I'll take the punching bags, it's better than nothing. I am so conditioned to watch our wonderful team on Thurs and Sat.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

San Diego St. is still available. That's a legit second round matchup and they are 25 on Kenpom.

MWC isn't with ESPN though so that could cause issues I suppose.

You can throw any decent name for Thursday out the window if there is a game Thursday. Saturday or Sunday seems like the only plausible solution. It’s a shame nova or Houston didn’t work out.

I would even take a pac12 school at this point. I do understand it may hurt our RPI though

Maybe Few and staff make lemonade out of this lemon of a scheduling week and just use it as extra practice time to add some wrinkles and get guys practice reps? That’s my silver lining.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

It's going to be BYU on Saturday, they aren't going to be playing these top tier teams from other leagues as those leagues are putting their teams in open spots. There won't be a game tomorrow.

I have no connections so no real insight...but San Diego State has no game scheduled for Thursday. Many schools are flying in, playing and flying out, so one team, or the other or both to a neutral site could do that. I bet the networks or ESPN could find a crew to video and announce the game, quickly. That said, I have no way of knowing if it WILL happen, just that SDS is off on Thursday too.
    BYU plays Thurs and is off Sat. They SHOULD play then. I would expect them to, as it frees up a date later for a postponed game.

Few et al are working to make something happen. Of that I have no doubt. I am looking forward to seeing what happens.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

What did the Spokesman article say that was in today's paper? I do not have a subscription.

Is it too soon to say again, “So, no games at all this week?“

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I have no connections so no real insight...but San Diego State has no game scheduled for Thursday. Many schools are flying in, playing and flying out, so one team, or the other or both to a neutral site could do that. I bet the networks or ESPN could find a crew to video and announce the game, quickly. That said, I have no way of knowing if it WILL happen, just that SDS is off on Thursday too.
    BYU plays Thurs and is off Sat. They SHOULD play then. I would expect them to, as it frees up a date later for a postponed game.

Few et al are working to make something happen. Of that I have no doubt. I am looking forward to seeing what happens.
    San Diego State is playing tonight so I doubt they'd be open to playing tomorrow versus Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by zagporvida View Post
    What did the Spokesman article say that was in today's paper? I do not have a subscription.
    The article basically says that teams from other conferences are prioritizing their conferences first. Houston backed off as they have to fly to North Carolina today, then would fly to play Zags on Saturday, and then would fly to somewhere else back east next week (don't recall where). That was his reasoning with the caveat "they didn't want to put the players in that position this time of the year". That is a cop out as SLC from Houston is only about 1200 miles (roughly the same distance as Spokane to Denver).

It did say that the Zags were finishing arrangements to play a WCC team later in the week...I gotta think that is BYU.

Lol Dickau is now saying that the game he originally mentioned is now on for Friday!

https://twitter.com/dandickau21/stat...742067713?s=20

And it looks like this game I initially mentioned will be Friday.

I've seen a couple tweets now that are saying it's Pacific and BYU....

For the love of all that is holy.....please don't be correct.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Looks like we get Pacific tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/zagmbb/status/13...110311936?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Just unbelievable - after all that, they settle on Pacific? I get that this was due to other leagues shuffling around their conference schedules, but a game at Pacific? Why bother at this point? The only thing the team has to remotely worry about is contracting covid...at least if they got a non-con game there would be some actual worth to it.

I think I'm gonna need another WooHoo schedule to fill out at the end of the season. I usually keep my printed out schedules with the scores on them, and this year's schedule is worthless, ha ha.

Lol Dickau is now saying that the game he originally mentioned is now on for Friday!

https://twitter.com/dandickau21/stat...742067713?s=20
    Unless Zags are playing Thursday and then Friday, it looks like Dan is 0-2

Just unbelievable - after all that, they settle on Pacific? I get that this was due to other leagues shuffling around their conference schedules, but a game at Pacific? Why bother at this point? The only thing the team has to remotely worry about is contracting covid...at least if they got a non-con game there would be some actual worth to it.
    EXACTLY-- What does this even do positively? ANother WCC blowout and traveling to Stockton CA.. AWFUL. Couldnt schedule anyone better than PacifiC?

Thursday's Gonzaga and Pacific game will be televised on CBS Sports Network at 6 p.m. Pacific. CBS Sports Network, the 24-hour home of CBS Sports, is widely available through all major cable, satellite and several streaming service providers; YouTube TV, fuboTV, DirecTV and Hulu. For more information, including a full programming schedule, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com

https://gozags.com/news/2021/2/3/men...zEqYvLEwwbsczA

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    I think I'm gonna need another WooHoo schedule to fill out at the end of the season. I usually keep my printed out schedules with the scores on them, and this year's schedule is worthless, ha ha.

It REALLY is!!!! Mine has so many red lines and hand-written edits! haha.

A mid-season schedule update is actually in the works. Long story, but we'll definitely get another one out soon. I'll shoot it your way when it's done.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    EXACTLY-- What does this even do positively? ANother WCC blowout and traveling to Stockton CA.. AWFUL. Couldnt schedule anyone better than PacifiC?
    The alternative would have been no game on Thursday. Time was not on our side.

We are already scheduled to play Pacific twice, so this is really just a schedule reshuffle.

We still have Sat to figure out. My thinking is BYU, no inside info though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

What do you guys expect to happen? Every time there's an opening, we see all these Baylor, Villanova, Houston, Tennesee, etc type mentions but those aren't going to happen this time of year. Leagues are going to prioritize their league games and teams are going to be adverse to taking a chance with their resume this time of year. Honestly, it was clearly going to be BYU on Saturday the second that Houston backed down and BYU's game was cancelled. As for Thursday, it was going to be a league game or no game just from a scheduling point of view.

Looking at it another way, there's a chance that they will be able to add a game or two after conference with BYU moving up. It's still going to be hard to do with the tournament around the corner, but its a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post

It REALLY is!!!! Mine has so many red lines and hand-written edits! haha.

A mid-season schedule update is actually in the works. Long story, but we'll definitely get another one out soon. I'll shoot it your way when it's done.
    Dammit! I just had the best idea ever, about 3 months too late. We should have had LIZF run a Schedule Prediction! We could have all guessed on the schedule and get points for the most correct picks!
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    It's a game they have to play regardless lol. This just means there is now an opening on Feb.25 instead.

They tried to make something happen, logistics didn't work. No harm, no foul.

At least we get some run this week & perhaps a scenario to play a better team presents itself later.

I wonder what Dan is smoking though with his Friday tweet or perhaps he's just trolling everyone.