Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about a SHOUT-OUT for LIZF!!!

Default How about a SHOUT-OUT for LIZF!!!

How about a really good Shout-Out to LizF and his wife who are now recovered from CORVID19. This man, this Zag has been one of my favorites for many many years, and what he gives this board in his Prediction Thread is just absolutely awesome. I know it takes some time to put that all together, and it took some good imagination to create the thread. I began the prediction thread a few years before LIZF and he took it over and made it 100 times better. That' Zagness to me. I have loved this thread for years, and I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Lizf. And I'm just so happy you've recovered and are back to 100%. Tell your wife we all love her too, and are glad she too is well. God bless.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I had no idea. Damn, LIZF, great news you’re done with that. God bless you and wife and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    How about a really good Shout-Out to LizF and his wife who are now recovered from CORVID19. This man, this Zag has been one of my favorites for many many years, and what he gives this board in his Prediction Thread is just absolutely awesome. I know it takes some time to put that all together, and it took some good imagination to create the thread. I began the prediction thread a few years before LIZF and he took it over and made it 100 times better. That' Zagness to me. I have loved this thread for years, and I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Lizf. And I'm just so happy you've recovered and are back to 100%. Tell your wife we all love her too, and are glad she too is well. God bless.

Go Zags!
    Great news! Thanks for posting, bornie.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post

Go Zags!
    Wife is a free woman today... while I am 100% healthy... in mandated isolation until Wednesday. Thanks reborn!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Glad you shook the Rona, thanks for keeping the board humming along.

Love you LIZF. Glad you beat this nasty virus and are ready to tackle other things now. Go start a BBQ though when you aren’t in isolation
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Wife is a free woman today... while I am 100% healthy... in mandated isolation until Wednesday. Thanks reborn!
    Good to hear!
    Go Zags!!!

Good news...best wishes to your household. Do get the family vaccinated when you have a chance, as we have these new variants (not strains like the media publishes) that recent reporting suggests repeat infections are not uncommon and happening despite prior infection. Brother in-law (the car salesman) is trying to teach me that his prior infection means he's immune. He hasn't done his due diligence and I'm now in reprogramming mode with him. I get my second shot any day now.

You make the board go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

heartfelt joy your wife and you have recovered,
    and thanks again for your super important role in maintaining this excellent message board

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Good news...best wishes to your household. Do get the family vaccinated when you have a chance, as we have these new variants (not strains like the media publishes) that recent reporting suggests repeat infections are not uncommon and happening despite prior infection. Brother in-law (the car salesman) is trying to teach me that his prior infection means he's immune. He hasn't done his due diligence and I'm now in reprogramming mode with him. I get my second shot any day now.

You make the board go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    Already have them booked... Thanks.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    Glad you shook the Rona, thanks for keeping the board humming along.
    +1

Glad you are feeling better!

I seriously love the prediction thread. (Your data is very clean considering the turn-around-time) I guess I talk about it a lot at home because the wife has started asking with 5 minutes left in the game, “what was your score again?” Adds a fun element to the game.

Take care all!

Well I did learn something today. Never underestimate the "exercise" your body gets doing basic day to day stuff. While we have about 1 ft of snow right now, it is basically powder. Years past, I could bang that out by myself in a couple hours. Today... after about 45 minutes to an hour... I literally couldn't do a thing more. My wife and daughter demanded I go inside. Humbling and eye opening to say the least. Mind you... nothing to do with lung capacity... just pure exhaustion. My wife was like that on Sunday.

Well I did learn something today. Never underestimate the "exercise" your body gets doing basic day to day stuff. While we have about 1 ft of snow right now, it is basically powder. Years past, I could bang that out by myself in a couple hours. Today... after about 45 minutes to an hour... I literally couldn't do a thing more. My wife and daughter demanded I go inside. Humbling and eye opening to say the least. Mind you... nothing to do with lung capacity... just pure exhaustion. My wife was like that on Sunday.
    Your veterbrae thank you, as well....

So happy to hear you are both ok. Stay safe and healthy. Go Zags!

LIZF we are there for you! So glad you are both better!! All the way from Florida thank you for all that you do and go Zag's!!!.

Great news!!

I haven't posted much here having recently become a member, but I've followed this board for years. Played a little a small college ball, and love Gonzaga.

You get to know this board's personalities over the years even without being a member -- just by reading the posts and responses.

Always good to see how strongly this board responds with positive thoughts and concerns for one of their own going through tough times personally and health wise.

Glad to learn LIZF and family have recovered from COVID. Especially for a fellow New Yorker (I grew up upstate NY) before moving to the Bay Area when I was a youngster.

Stay well everyone.

Glad to hear you made it through!

More big time snow on the way! Put the shovel back in the garage, hunker down & carefully tend -- as I trust you have been during these trying times -- to the brew! Appreciate your dedication on all fronts. No question you're one of the MVP'S of the GU Board.

Quote Originally Posted by upan8th View Post
    More big time snow on the way! Put the shovel back in the garage, hunker down & carefully tend -- as I trust you have been during these trying times -- to the brew! Appreciate your dedication on all fronts. No question you're one of the MVP'S of the GU Board.
    Due to the equipment we are currently using, we need to brew outside... so haven't brewed since November. To say I am jonesing would be an understatement.

Great news! It affects the young and old so differently in each category as well as walks of life. All my best to stay healthy

Always helpful to others and a good voice of reason on this board, I've appreciated this man for many years now. I am so glad to hear you are going to be ok now.
    Thanks for being a top tier and top drawer Zag man LIZF.
    Best to you and your family..
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Glad to hear you are on the mend, LIZF. Hope you and your wife enjoy full recoveries.

Welcome back! glad to hear you and your wife are better!

Go Zags!
    Bring back the OCC