Thread: It's Game Day Gonzaga vs Pacific

Default It's Game Day Gonzaga vs Pacific

Hello. Good morning everyone. It's Game Day. The best day of the week. I'm over in Michigan, just 10 miles from South Bend, taking care of my brother who is dying. It's 8:30 here and just 5:30 back in Washington State. Weird. I'm still adjusting to the time differences, as well as many other

No matter what, there is nothing like Game Day for me, and there never will be as long as I am alive. I love the Zags as you all know; so matter what happens today it's going to be a good day. The best day of the week. I just love this team, and it brings so much happiness to my day to know there is a game ahead of us. And then I will hopefully be able to watch the game.. I'm still trying to figure all this streaming out. It's really new to me. And it's not all that easy learning new things at this age. I was able to watch the last game, but have already forgotten how I was able to do it. hahaha weird hugh? I didn't bring much Zag gear with me. That's a long story; so I won't tell it. I just have my Zag cap. But I'll certainly be wearing it. It should be a really fun game to watch, as we have so many talented players. It'll be interesting to see the adjustments they've made since the last game. For me that's the fun part. Even though it won't be a close game, there WILL BE interesting and fun things to see. I always get enjoyment out of most games I see (accept for those that we lose). There is never any pleasure at all in losing. Have a great day all you Zag fans. Zag Nation rocks.

Go Zags1
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

What a good Brother!

I also look so forward to game day! It’s so fun to see what Mark has done over the years and what the boys progress throughout the season. My 8 year old grandson is now into the Zags, knows all the starters and we try to watch the games together. So fun! ��

My deepest sympathy for you Reborn. May the lord look over you and your family.

I always cross my fingers on game day. The Baylor matchup was cancelled very close to tip off and so you never know if it is going to happen for sure.
    I miss Mike Hart

From the GU Athletics Press Release

- This is the 19th all-time meeting between GU and Pacific.

- The Zags have won 17 of the previous 18 matchups in the series, including the last 15 straight.

- Gonzaga has won all seven meetings in Spokane, and all seven have been inside the McCarthey Athletic Center.

- The Bulldogs are 15-0 against Pacific under Mark Few.

- Gonzaga is one of the last six unbeaten teams in the nation, and one of three teams that have at least 14 wins.

- The Zags 18 straight wins dating back to last season is tied for the longest active streak in nation with Winthrop.

- GU is first in the nation in scoring offense (94.4), field goal percentage (55.3), and second in total assists (279).

- According to KenPom, GU boasts the nation's most efficient offense and 13th best defense.

- Corey Kispert (20.9) and Drew Timme (18.2) lead the WCC in scoring. Kispert also tops the conference in three-pointers made per game (3.1) and three-point field goal percentage (48.9).

- Joel Ayayi tops the league in field goal percentage (61.7), followed by Timme (60.5) and Kispert (59.3).

- Jalen Suggs is first in the conference in steals (2.42). Andrew Nembhard is first in assist-to-turnover ratio (3.69).

- Corey Kispert and Jalen Suggs were named the WCC Player and Freshman of the Week. Six Zags (Five different) have received the honor out of the possible eight weeks. Suggs has earned the freshman recognition five times.

- The Bulldogs have won 35 of their last 36 games, and 45 out of their last 47 games. The best stretch in the country since the start of the 2019-20 season.

good thing is reborn, you're in the middle of zag nation no matter where you go ...
    sending supportive karma your way ...

"The Zags 18 straight wins dating back to last season is tied for the longest active streak in nation with Winthrop."

Watch out for them. They are still mad about Eddie Murphy taking their spot in 'Trading Places'.

(yes I know it was Winthorp. Lighten up Francis)
    At least someone, somewhere, is laughing.

Thanks you guys for the support and encouragement. And RenoZag, thanks for the stats line...I do love statistics. Those really were awesome and kind of made my day, which has been kind of tough really, but those stats brought a nice smile to my heart. It certainly is a very very special team...I don't care how many points they win by, I still love watching them play because of how special they are, and how well they can play the game.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Geo blocked in New Mexico. Weird. Our streaming service is off the charts bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post
    Geo blocked in New Mexico. Weird. Our streaming service is off the charts bad.
    thank you VPN