Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Pacific - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Default GU vs Pacific - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Next up for the Zags is Pacific. The Tigers' body of work would be... ummm... incomplete. Only 6 games have been played and 2 of them were in conference. Their only loss is to Nevada. How will they fare against the number one team in the country?

What are you hoping to see against Pacific? Expecting to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

At Gonzaga...I say 99-67 Zags.
    At least someone, somewhere, is laughing.

Zags 90

Pac 72
    Love the zags for life

Not that anyone needs extra reasons to hate on the old RPI system, but apparently Pacific is ranked 5th in the nation in the RPI and Gonzaga, as incredible as this sounds, is only 9th. West Virginia is right ahead at #8 and powerhouse Georgia St. is currently sitting at #2.

And this was a system that the NCAA used to seed teams for decades.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../rankings/rpi/

Pacific better get ready for an upset.

ZAGS 92
    TIGERS 69

Hope to see Suggs tie Ayayi's GU record of 1 Triple Double! This got me to wondering ... have 2 players from the same team at the college level ever had triple doubles in the same game? Possibly it's happened in the NBA in a high-scoring affair.

UPDATE: In December 2018, Lonzo Ball (16-10-10) and LeBron James (24-12-11) each had triple doubles in 1 game for the Lakers. Back in 1982, Kareem (19-10-10) and Magic (26-16-12) did it for the Lakers. Seems that it's not all that uncommon in the NBA as other teams have done it as well. I didn't find any specifics on the topic for the college level. However this was of interest: "Through the 2019–20 season, the career record for triple-doubles in Division I men's basketball is held by BYU's Kyle Collinsworth with 12."
    Last edited by ProVeeZag; 01-21-2021 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Add triple double comment/UPDATES
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

I would like to see Watson contribute in a better way on the stat line than the last game he played 22 minutes in. Wish he would quit disappearing for long stretches and play with some competitive spirit or give those minutes to someone who really wants to produce.

Like to see Watty be more aggressive on offense, if he had some sort of midrange game i would love to see it. No question he does some good things for this team. Ben Gregg- if things go well love to see him for 5 min. From what I've seen (not much) he looks confident and things aren't moving to fast for him, need a little bigger sample size.

Bulldogs - 91
    Tigers - 74

Small sample size for sure. Pacific plays almost as slow as St. Mary's. Will be interesting to see their game tonight against Pepperdine. We'll see if the beach boys can speed the Tigers up a bit.

Like to see Zags fully healthy and healed, rested and ready, focused. Haven’t seen enough of Pacific to be impressed.

Zags 87
    Tigers 66

100 bulldogs
    71 tigers

Tigers struggle to score in general. Not sure if it is a pace of play thing.

Zags 103
    Tigers 63
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Smile McCarthy Athletic Cage

Zags Cage Tygers, a poem
    <ahem>
    Tyger, Tyger burning dim,
    On the hardwood of Few's gym.
    What immortal hand or chin,
    Could foresee how big Zags win?

-------
    GU - 100
    UP - 78

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Tigers 69
    Zags 95

Go Zags - Beat the Tigers!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Tigers struggle to score in general. Not sure if it is a pace of play thing.

Zags 103
    Tigers 63
    Both can be true at the same time. They play slow AND have trouble putting the ball through the hole.

I feel bad for Pacific - they haven't really had a chance to play yet this year. They've had two long stretches in-between games, so they probably don't know what to expect of themselves yet, either. We'll see how they do tonight, but no one could blame them if they're feeling good about themselves and get caught looking past Pepperdine tonight.

Zags - 95
    Pacific University - 71
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Would like to see Watson wake up take it to the rack and also get some rebounds. He got neither last game. Be aggressive Anton.

GU 98-67

I hope to see Suggs have a big game - he's lost a little of that swagger lately.

GU 90
    Pac 66

Busted up the foggy crystal ball and threw it in the trash, so I’m back to a combination of pinochle cards and a pair of loaded dice to pick my numbers. Same format I use for my lotto picks - I’m not expecting much.

But I do expect the Zags to win. 93-71.
    Keeping real estate real in the Wenatchee Valley since 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Small sample size for sure. Pacific plays almost as slow as St. Mary's. Will be interesting to see their game tonight against Pepperdine. We'll see if the beach boys can speed the Tigers up a bit.
    And the answer is.....Yes, yes they can.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    I feel bad for Pacific - they haven't really had a chance to play yet this year. They've had two long stretches in-between games, so they probably don't know what to expect of themselves yet, either. We'll see how they do tonight, but no one could blame them if they're feeling good about themselves and get caught looking past Pepperdine tonight.

Zags - 95
    Pacific University - 71
    Pacific University in Oregon would love your optimism. The University OF THE PACIFIC, would love to get this close, also! You "don't follow basketball all that closely,"

Zags 94-65

Gonzaga 93
    Pacific 67

I'd like to see two guards get a double-double. That would be nice.
    I'd like to see Ayayi get a trible-triple
    I'd like to see Kispert score 30, with 5 threes.

I'd like to see two Zags scores 20+ points
    And finally I'd like to see us get 10 threes...

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

What else is on TV?