Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: Other Games: Mon - 01. 18. 21

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,292

    Default Other Games: Mon - 01. 18. 21

    11:30 - St. John's @ #25 UConn - FOX
    4:00 - Florida State @ #16 Louisville - ESPN
    6:00 - #6 Kansas @ #2 Baylor - ESPN

    Have a good holiday.

    #StaySafe

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    11:30 - St. John's @ #25 UConn - FOX
    4:00 - Florida State @ #16 Louisville - ESPN
    6:00 - #6 Kansas @ #2 Baylor - ESPN

    Have a good holiday.

    #StaySafe
    Go Jayhawks.

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Go Jayhawks.
    Agreed GZ.

    However, it doesn't really mean as much this year as it does in a normal year. Being the top seed overall isn't much different than being the runner up because everybody is going to Indianapolis anyway.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Agreed GZ.

    However, it doesn't really mean as much this year as it does in a normal year. Being the top seed overall isn't much different than being the runner up because everybody is going to Indianapolis anyway.
    Somewhat true Mark, but still changes match-ups.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Wa.
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    - have never ever rooted for the jayhawks in my entire life and never will.......until 6 pm tonight.......but afterwards its back to never everville.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    18,069

    Default

    Why root against Baylor?
    I know it’s unlikely but an undefeated Baylor vs an undefeated Gonzaga in the title game is my dream.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Why root against Baylor?
    I know it’s unlikely but an undefeated Baylor vs an undefeated Gonzaga in the title game is my dream.
    I know what you mean. But, for me personally, a one or two loss Baylor vs an undefeated Zags would do just fine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    I find it highly unfair that Baylor gets to have some fans at their home games, and we don't. And regarding that message on the floor of the Ferrell Center, well, I have a dream too, and that's beating the Bears in the Final Four.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I find it highly unfair that Baylor gets to have some fans at their home games, and we don't. And regarding that message on the floor of the Ferrell Center, well, I have a dream too, and that's beating the Bears in the Final Four.
    I'm sure its because of 1: not being in Washington State and 2: total seating compactly. #1 being the key note.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,610

    Default

    Baylor is looking gooood so far, their defense is on a whole other level compared to ours.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    Baylor is looking gooood so far, their defense is on a whole other level compared to ours.
    If Gonzaga played D like that in the WCC players would foul out before halftime. The big 10 is even more rubgy like.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,292

    Default

    If the Zags ever do play Baylor, I'll bet the under


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,292

    Default

    If Kansas loses, it will be interesting to hear Self's answer to the inevitable post-game question-- or a variation of same:

    "You've now faced the top two teams in the country. Which team deserves to be the number one overall seed in the NCAA tourney ?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    If Gonzaga played D like that in the WCC players would foul out before halftime. The big 10 is even more rubgy like.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    It is shocking to see our players do fine against Iowa, Kansas, West Virginia & Virginia, but then come back to the WCC and suddenly everyone is in foul trouble. I fall for it every year.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Not sure I’d like to hear his answer. But . . . not sure he’d give a definitive answer.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    If Kansas loses, it will be interesting to hear Self's answer to the inevitable post-game question-- or a variation of same:

    "You've now faced the top two teams in the country. Which team deserves to be the number one overall seed in the NCAA tourney ?
    Easily it would be a Big 12 team. Couldn't blame him for that.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,834

    Default

    Baylor's getting away with some questionable screens on offense.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,209

    Default

    Kansas had cut it to single digits, and was just within 5. Hopefully, the Zags play Baylor in April and/or beforehand.

    Baylor just turned it on and are back up double digits.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,834

    Default

    8 total fouls called in 14 minutes.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bainbridge
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Both teams hitting their 3 ball. Jared Butler having a great game. 7 assists. 3 turnovers. 25 points thus far. A classic matchup, Butler and Suggs.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    989

    Default

    These two teams wouldn’t make it through a half of WCC officiating. Especially Baylor.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thickman1 View Post
    These two teams wouldn’t make it through a half of WCC officiating. Especially Baylor.
    Entire Baylor starting lineup would be fouled out in a WCC conference contest.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    Entire Baylor starting lineup would be fouled out in a WCC conference contest.
    ��

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,511

    Default

    Jmho... I think the Zags are more than capable of beating Baylor. Now... next week... In April
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,292

    Default

    Jared Butler was awesome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •