Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could the Baylor game be on this Thursday?

Default Could the Baylor game be on this Thursday?

GU has an off day as does Baylor...could it happen?

I think it is up to “TV” scheduling to see if it is viable...

Would we want to play them now?

What would be the “+’s” and “-‘s” of playing this game now?

Zags are in a WCC-induced trough right now. Could be a good wake up call. Certainly a nice cash injection for the coffers. No downside. Losing to the solid #2 is fine. Would be ratings bonanza, recruiting bonanza, student application and fund raising bonanza. Raising freshman, funds & friends, remember.

Our Zags seem to have been a bit off the last couple of games from early in the season. The inside penetration is not at the level they were earlier on and the transition game has slowed. A #1 ranked team should be blowing out teams like SMC and Portland in a big way. Not sure right now is when we want to face Baylor, but that just me.
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Depends if Baylor wants to add a very tough game inbetween Kansas Monday and OK St. Saturday. I think it's more likely that we play a WCC team who has a cancellation Thursday.

I would be all for it. With that said we would get blown off the floor if we bring the same effort and passion we have been accustomed to the last few games.
    America's Team!

Given the struggles over the past two games, I think Coach is looking forward to some extra practice time this week.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Given the struggles over the past two games, I think Coach is looking forward to some extra practice time this week.
    Agreed. Few himself said Zags looked and played tired vs Gaels so I’d be real surprised if they add a Thursday game. The extra practice would give Gregg some time to catch up and perhaps start earning some of Watson’s minutes.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Default Oklahoma State

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Depends if Baylor wants to add a very tough game inbetween Kansas Monday and OK St. Saturday. I think it's more likely that we play a WCC team who has a cancellation Thursday.
    Oklahoma State is apparently on pause due to Covid positive test. Assuming they don't lift their pause this week, that game with Baylor is off. Baylor has Kansas on Monday and that's it.

Would love to see it. I don’t think we would beat them, especially playing like we are now. Could light a fire under our butts though

Hope the Baylor tilt happens sooner than later, this Thursday if details can be ironed out in time. I think a challenge like that is needed by the Zags, since it's not likely to happen over the balance of WCC play. Be the best, beat the best. The national viewing audience would be huge (assuming ESPN doesn't air it at 2:30 Thursday afternoon).
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Wasn’t that a CBS game?

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Would love to see it. I don’t think we would beat them, especially playing like we are now. Could light a fire under our butts though
    Baylor didn’t exactly light it up yesterday either.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Wasn’t that a CBS game?
    As long as it wasn't ESPNU, I'm good with it!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Pass on this game. We need to get better. Few will find a game.

Zags look bored IMO.....please find non conference challenger....anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by cscz28 View Post
    Baylor didn’t exactly light it up yesterday either.
    Baylor had Texas Tech. SMC isn't exactly on the same level this year.
    America's Team!

Id pass on baylor. Id do a pac 12 squad.
    Love the zags for life

I would love to play Texas
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    I would love to play Texas
    We were supposed to play them in Austin last November/December, but Covid stopped it.

I had two road trips planned this year: one to Austin, and one to Phoenix (Texas Tech), both cancelled. However, the game in Fort Worth against Virginia made up for those disappointments.

As a Zag fan, would you rather see a somewhat meaningless Baylor game or dodge them for a better chance at an undefeated season?

I wonder if Minnesota could be an option to play...they just had their game on Wednesday against Nebraska postponed. The Gophers are a unique team as they have some really good wins this year but also all of their losses have mostly been blowouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, just think....it they beat Baylor they would probably be ranked #1 and get the overall #1 seed in the NCAA Tourney ...... ..

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    As a Zag fan, would you rather see a somewhat meaningless Baylor game or dodge them for a better chance at an undefeated season?
    I'll take that second option. If we do play a game this Thursday, I'd hope it was against someone we can beat handily. I don't want to see Baylor until we get to Indy, and I hope they lose tomorrow to Kansas.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

JP, I don't think it's a matter of "dodging" them. Baylor plays in one of the toughest conferences in the country, where every game is a dog fight. Both the Zags and the Bears have travelled a lot, even if they fly charter.

I simply don't think it's in either team's interest to try and shoehorn a game into the schedule at this point.

Would be happy to risk the undefeated season to get to play Baylor before the dance. Steel hardens steel. Goal is to win the Natty or bust.

ZZ