Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: GU vs Saint Mary's Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,523

    Default GU vs Saint Mary's Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

    Short window... Can SMC muster more offense than they did against BYU? Can they slow the Zags down... at all? Will they upset the Zags somehow?


    What are you expecting to see against SMC? What are you hoping to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

    Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Short window... Can SMC muster more offense than they did against BYU? Can they slow the Zags down... at all? Will they upset the Zags somehow?


    What are you expecting to see against SMC? What are you hoping to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

    Have at it boys and girls!
    They've done it before, let's not overlook the Gaels.

    Zags 92, Gaels 80

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PNWest
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    This is the least athletic Gaels TEAM in a decade. Can't slow the tempo when you're down 15 points in the first half against the Zags.

    Zags win 89 - 64

    The only reason Gaels get 64 is a spurt at the end.

    Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    They've done it before, let's not overlook the Gaels.

    Zags 92, Gaels 80
    I dunno - there's no Landale, Samhan, Dellavadova, or Mills on this team. Its going to get ugly for the Gaels quickly. 93 - 60 Zags.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    I dunno - there's no Landale, Samhan, Dellavadova, or Mills on this team. Its going to get ugly for the Gaels quickly. 93 - 60 Zags.
    No disagreement here, it's just that I have that painful memory of losing to them in Vegas, after we had previously beaten them by 60.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,805

    Default

    95-70 Zags
    At least someone, somewhere, is laughing.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    251

    Default

    100-65 Zags

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    ZAGS by 20+. After watching the BYU-St. Mary's game last night, I hope the guys stay motivated against the Gaels. As has been said earlier in this thread, this isn't a typical Gaels team. They went scoreless for 10+ minutes in the second half last night, hard to slow it down when you can't score. It was 29-25 at half............Yikes.

    Go ZAGS

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snorkeling the Washougal River
    Posts
    2,842

    Smile Timme Takes Tass to Task

    Zags Rip up McKeon, a poem
    <ahem>
    Roses are red,
    Gaels soon to slumber,
    When Zags rip up floor,
    Bring out the lumber.
    --------
    Zags - 98
    Gaels - 63



    :]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Wa.
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    - will we steamroll smc and get to 100 or will they play snail ball and keep us to a season low?
    - i think it could go either way, so i'll go with a middle of the road score, 89-61 zags.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    I want mark few to lay into this team for a good 1st half performance, and then keep the starters going for half of the 2nd half regardless of the score. There will be a time in the tournament where if you give a 3 point shooting team hope, they can shoot their way to a win on any given night. we need to learn to demoralize early and not let that happen, ever.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

  12. #12

    Default

    If the Zags dont sleep walk, I expect it to be 20+ easily, even after the subs relinquish the lead.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    After what I saw last night vs BYU, I don't see SMC scoring 70 on us. They have a different style this year and it is sloooowww. They aren't as good as Virginia at that style and we handled them.

    That stretch where the Gaels were stuck on 50 for 10 minutes (!) last night was as bad as I have seen the Gaels look.

    I suppose there is a chance that after a bad game, Bennet coaches them up and the come out firing but I don't see it. The crowd at McKeon has helped them in the past but they won't be there to give them energy tomorrow. Nonetheless, we must jump them early and hope for a sustained effort from the second unit. Zags by 20. Main drama is whether we will extend the streak of 85+points in every game

    ZZ

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    After what I saw last night vs BYU, I don't see SMC scoring 70 on us. They have a different style this year and it is sloooowww. They aren't as good as Virginia at that style and we handled them.

    That stretch where the Gaels were stuck on 50 for 10 minutes (!) last night was as bad as I have seen the Gaels look.

    I suppose there is a chance that after a bad game, Bennet coaches them up and the come out firing but I don't see it. The crowd at McKeon has helped them in the past but they won't be there to give them energy tomorrow. Nonetheless, we must jump them early and hope for a sustained effort from the second unit. Zags by 20. Main drama is whether we will extend the streak of 85+points in every game

    ZZ
    Agree with everything you said. the 85+ points is what I am most concerned about. Unless Jordan Ford, Mills, Delly, McConnell or Samham disguise themselves as the guys they have now, I dont see how this is close.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bainbridge
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    No disagreement here, it's just that I have that painful memory of losing to them in Vegas, after we had previously beaten them by 60.
    I was at that game. My night and the next couple of days were ruined. It was difficult to accept that loss, considering the future NBA players we had on that team.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    634

    Default

    I always hope to see a blowout against Saint Mary's and always expect to see a close game. I think the team will have heard enough about their slow start last night and come out firing in this game. SMC will try to slow them down, but they'll get 50 in the first half again.

    Zags - 97
    College of Saint Mary's - 68
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bainbridge
    Posts
    893

    Default

    I want to see our Zags come out smoking and play beautiful ball. Few turnovers. Fast transition game. Make another statement.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,550

    Default

    gu 88
    smc 67
    Last edited by ZagsGoZags; 01-16-2021 at 07:51 AM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,523

    Default

    Think SMC doesn't have the horses to keep up in this race. Dom and Strawther will see sizable minutes. Think the deep bench will let SMC get into the 70s once the starters sit.


    Zags 97
    SMC 74
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    What I hope to see? Domination. If you put a strong defender on Kuhse they look very out of sync.

    Gonzaga 94
    SMC 63

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CDA - The distillery of pure Zaga!
    Posts
    670

    Default

    102-77

    GU!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Zags 92 SMC 70
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

  23. #23

    Default

    Go Zags ! Beat the Gaels !
    GU - 85 SMC - 70

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Zags 86
    Gaels 59

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,878

    Default

    GU 97-67

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •