Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kispert - 5 college basketball players who are skyrocketing on NBA draft boards

Default Kispert - 5 college basketball players who are skyrocketing on NBA draft boards

Before the season, Iowa’s Luka Garza was considered a heavy favorite to win Naismith College Player of the Year. Almost two months later, Gonzaga forward Corey Kispert has emerged as a serious contender for the honor.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nba-m...C_H_KUKGCO7KaE

I thought Garza was a beast in some of his early games and that he looked good against us. But he's looked less effective in other games, and he certainly doesn't have Corey's supporting cast!
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Whoever wrote this hasn't seen Ayayi play.

if i had to bet on it, suggs will go higher in the Draft than anyone else on our team, although i would be thrilled if he stayed another year. I would not be surprised if we have three that go in the first round

Draft positions, per my best guess:

Suggs, rd 1, pick 4
    Kispert, rd 1, pick 21
    *Petrusev, rd 2, pick 41
    Ayayi, rd 2, pick 43

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    IMO, he's the most underappreciated Zag on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    if i had to bet on it, suggs will go higher in the Draft than anyone else on our team, although i would be thrilled if he stayed another year. I would not be surprised if we have three that go in the first round
    Agreed, I don't see Corey leapfrogging Jalen on draft boards. As it stands now, Jalen has been tabbed as the 3rd pick in the draft. Of course, had Jalen gone with UK or Duke, ESPN analysts would be asking, "who's Cade?" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Why is that? It's an article on who is moving up draft boards, I don't think Ayayi is one of the five biggest movers. Yes, he is a great piece of the team and a NBA player, but they don't typically write about guys that are mid second round projections at this point of the year. Honestly, I think Ayayi will have a tough call as he will get drafted, but can he come back and make the jump that Kispert made this is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    It's not even a question that Suggs will be the first drafted off our team, he's a top five pick at a minimum. With that said, I would be very surprised if we had three guys drafted in the first round this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Why is that? It's an article on who is moving up draft boards, I don't think Ayayi is one of the five biggest movers. Yes, he is a great piece of the team and a NBA player, but they don't typically write about guys that are mid second round projections at this point of the year. Honestly, I think Ayayi will have a tough call as he will get drafted, but can he come back and make the jump that Kispert made this is the question.
    Joel's game has grown by leaps and bounds in the last 12 months. He can't help it if the experts can't see it. I'm hoping he pulls a Collins or Sabonis in the NCAA tournament, only I expect it would be another triple double that will wow NBA teams, and he moves up into the first round.

What if Petrusev had stuck around? He was probably wondering if we were even going to have a season, but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    What if Petrusev had stuck around? He was probably wondering if we were even going to have a season, but here we are.
    I think he'd be playing behind Drew, or they'd be in a Twin Towers.

ESPN ranked Suggs 4th, Kispert 11th and Ayayi 53rd in their "best available" rankings.

Sam Vecenie at The Athletic put Suggs 2nd and Kispert 9th in his latest mock draft.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Joel's game has grown by leaps and bounds in the last 12 months. He can't help it if the experts can't see it. I'm hoping he pulls a Collins or Sabonis in the NCAA tournament, only I expect it would be another triple double that will wow NBA teams, and he moves up into the first round.
    That's not realistic though. They have enough information on Ayayi to project him where they have him. The things they are concerned about with him, are his athleticism in comparison with NBA level players and his overall shooting. No one is saying he can't play in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallet View Post
    ESPN ranked Suggs 4th, Kispert 11th and Ayayi 53rd in their "best available" rankings.

Sam Vecenie at The Athletic put Suggs 2nd and Kispert 9th in his latest mock draft.
    They also have Petrusev 42nd. Could be the best draft ever for Zags.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    That's not realistic though. They have enough information on Ayayi to project him where they have him. The things they are concerned about with him, are his athleticism in comparison with NBA level players and his overall shooting. No one is saying he can't play in the NBA.
    By that logic, they had enough information on Kispert to be drafted, at best, mid second round until...they added the information gleaned from his last twelve games.

Ayayi’s last four have been stellar. I have no doubt his next twenty, if they play that many, will be enough to move him dramatically up the draft board.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    The team would not be as good. Ball movement would take a dramatic step back, as would the defense. Would not Petrusev working well as the the 2nd or 3rd option. It most likely would have an impact on Timme taking the big step forward that he has this year.

Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    The team would not be as good. Ball movement would take a dramatic step back, as would the defense. Would not Petrusev working well as the the 2nd or 3rd option. It most likely would have an impact on Timme taking the big step forward that he has this year.
    Plus one. Lots of discord, far weaker unit.

You are right, I'm afraid.

Unless he matured a great deal, took a look around, decided to be a piece of the puzzle and accept whatever to win. It's happened before.

But, yes - you are right as we know it.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    You are right, I'm afraid.

Unless he matured a great deal, took a look around, decided to be a piece of the puzzle and accept whatever to win. It's happened before.

But, yes - you are right as we know it.
    Has there ever been a more self involved Zag?

Agree with this 100%
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Hard to predict exact draft position since a bad GM will pass on a really good player(see Clarke, Brandon), but I firmly believe that the Zags will have Kispert, Ayayi, and Suggs all go in the first round. I could see Ayayi potentially returning, but I think he’ll be projected as a top 20 pick by season’s end. His defense has improved immensely from last year, and his passing and rebounding have both been top notch. He, like Corey, has improved by leaps and bounds every year. Ayayi is a huge part of what the Zags are doing this year, and he is showing the ability to play the point. The biggest knock on him is that he hasn’t proven to be a consistent outside shooter, but his shot isn’t broken either. His game is somewhere in between Rajon Rondo and Draymond Green. He’s going to be drafted lower than he should be, but I think he’ll have a long career in the NBA.

I also think Timme will develop his game to fit what teams will want of him in the NBA. He’s a good passer for a post player, has great footwork, and can handle the ball off of rebounds. He is missing an outside shot, but he also doesn’t take many bad shots. I think Timme stays 1 more season before turning pro though, but who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Hard to predict exact draft position since a bad GM will pass on a really good player(see Clarke, Brandon), but I firmly believe that the Zags will have Kispert, Ayayi, and Suggs all go in the first round. I could see Ayayi potentially returning, but I think he’ll be projected as a top 20 pick by season’s end. His defense has improved immensely from last year, and his passing and rebounding have both been top notch. He, like Corey, has improved by leaps and bounds every year. Ayayi is a huge part of what the Zags are doing this year, and he is showing the ability to play the point. The biggest knock on him is that he hasn’t proven to be a consistent outside shooter, but his shot isn’t broken either. His game is somewhere in between Rajon Rondo and Draymond Green. He’s going to be drafted lower than he should be, but I think he’ll have a long career in the NBA.

I also think Timme will develop his game to fit what teams will want of him in the NBA. He’s a good passer for a post player, has great footwork, and can handle the ball off of rebounds. He is missing an outside shot, but he also doesn’t take many bad shots. I think Timme stays 1 more season before turning pro though, but who knows...
    Good post.

I'd like to see Timmie put on 15 lbs of muscle, all of it in his shoulders and hips
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Has there ever been a more self involved Zag?
    Daye, Bouldin, Heytvelt, Morrison, Wiltjer. . .want more ?

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

I would put Daye and Morrison on the list with him. The other three not so much.