X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spike#1
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Oct 2016

Kispert - 5 college basketball players who are skyrocketing on NBA draft boards

Before the season, Iowa’s Luka Garza was considered a heavy favorite to win Naismith College Player of the Year. Almost two months later, Gonzaga forward Corey Kispert has emerged as a serious contender for the honor.

• gueastcoast
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I thought Garza was a beast in some of his early games and that he looked good against us. But he's looked less effective in other games, and he certainly doesn't have Corey's supporting cast!
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

• Markburn1
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2015

Whoever wrote this hasn't seen Ayayi play.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

if i had to bet on it, suggs will go higher in the Draft than anyone else on our team, although i would be thrilled if he stayed another year. I would not be surprised if we have three that go in the first round

Comment

• ZagsObserver
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2010

Draft positions, per my best guess:

Suggs, rd 1, pick 4
          Kispert, rd 1, pick 21
          *Petrusev, rd 2, pick 41
          Ayayi, rd 2, pick 43

Comment

• TexasZagFan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
            IMO, he's the most underappreciated Zag on the team.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
              if i had to bet on it, suggs will go higher in the Draft than anyone else on our team, although i would be thrilled if he stayed another year. I would not be surprised if we have three that go in the first round
              Agreed, I don't see Corey leapfrogging Jalen on draft boards. As it stands now, Jalen has been tabbed as the 3rd pick in the draft. Of course, had Jalen gone with UK or Duke, ESPN analysts would be asking, "who's Cade?" lol

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                Zag for Life
                • May 2008

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
                Why is that? It's an article on who is moving up draft boards, I don't think Ayayi is one of the five biggest movers. Yes, he is a great piece of the team and a NBA player, but they don't typically write about guys that are mid second round projections at this point of the year. Honestly, I think Ayayi will have a tough call as he will get drafted, but can he come back and make the jump that Kispert made this is the question.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                  Zag for Life
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                  It's not even a question that Suggs will be the first drafted off our team, he's a top five pick at a minimum. With that said, I would be very surprised if we had three guys drafted in the first round this year.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                    Why is that? It's an article on who is moving up draft boards, I don't think Ayayi is one of the five biggest movers. Yes, he is a great piece of the team and a NBA player, but they don't typically write about guys that are mid second round projections at this point of the year. Honestly, I think Ayayi will have a tough call as he will get drafted, but can he come back and make the jump that Kispert made this is the question.
                    Joel's game has grown by leaps and bounds in the last 12 months. He can't help it if the experts can't see it. I'm hoping he pulls a Collins or Sabonis in the NCAA tournament, only I expect it would be another triple double that will wow NBA teams, and he moves up into the first round.

Comment

• ZagsObserver
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2010

What if Petrusev had stuck around? He was probably wondering if we were even going to have a season, but here we are.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
                        What if Petrusev had stuck around? He was probably wondering if we were even going to have a season, but here we are.
                        I think he'd be playing behind Drew, or they'd be in a Twin Towers.

Comment

• Pallet
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

ESPN ranked Suggs 4th, Kispert 11th and Ayayi 53rd in their "best available" rankings.

Sam Vecenie at The Athletic put Suggs 2nd and Kispert 9th in his latest mock draft.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                            Zag for Life
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                            Joel's game has grown by leaps and bounds in the last 12 months. He can't help it if the experts can't see it. I'm hoping he pulls a Collins or Sabonis in the NCAA tournament, only I expect it would be another triple double that will wow NBA teams, and he moves up into the first round.
                            That's not realistic though. They have enough information on Ayayi to project him where they have him. The things they are concerned about with him, are his athleticism in comparison with NBA level players and his overall shooting. No one is saying he can't play in the NBA.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Pallet View Post
                              ESPN ranked Suggs 4th, Kispert 11th and Ayayi 53rd in their "best available" rankings.

Sam Vecenie at The Athletic put Suggs 2nd and Kispert 9th in his latest mock draft.
                              They also have Petrusev 42nd. Could be the best draft ever for Zags.

Comment

Working...
                              X