• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Morrison was most interested in winning. He had to win, and usually that required putting the team on his shoulders.

“Self-involved” implies the individual over the team, which was simply not the case for Morrison.
    Absolutely. Don’t recall Ammo ever stalking off the court and embarrassing his teammates. Plenty of hard looks between him and Raivio, however. Derek liked to get his, tough when you’re playing with a legendary scorer.

Comment

• EEzag
      Kennel Club Alum
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
      Morrison was most interested in winning. He had to win, and usually that required putting the team on his shoulders.

“Self-involved” implies the individual over the team, which was simply not the case for Morrison.
      Mo was scoreboard involved.

Comment

• Spike#1
        Kennel Club Alum
        • Oct 2016

Getting this back to Kispert, found another article on Corey that I wanted to share.

Comment

• rennis
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

I think most of us watched that video of Kispert playing some summer hoops with a bunch of talented players (Jamal Crawford) between his Sr. year in HS and his Freshman year at GU. He lit them all up in that game we saw. I was higher on Kispert than any other freshman we've had recently until Suggs. The dude is a flat-out baller, has size, decent athleticism at the NBA level, and has one of the prettiest (not to mention consistent) jumpers I've seen for someone that large. His jumper is my 2nd favorite ever for a Zag. Frahm still holds the title. I really hope CK gets a lottery nod in the NBA and within a few years gets flat-out PAID.

I love the comparison to Klay. Let it fly!
          Originally posted by Coach Few
          We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• Markburn1
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by rennis View Post
            I think most of us watched that video of Kispert playing some summer hoops with a bunch of talented players (Jamal Crawford) between his Sr. year in HS and his Freshman year at GU. He lit them all up in that game we saw. I was higher on Kispert than any other freshman we've had recently until Suggs. The dude is a flat-out baller, has size, decent athleticism at the NBA level, and has one of the prettiest (not to mention consistent) jumpers I've seen for someone that large. His jumper is my 2nd favorite ever for a Zag. Frahm still holds the title. I really hope CK gets a lottery nod in the NBA and within a few years gets flat-out PAID.

I love the comparison to Klay. Let it fly!
            The offensive comparison is apt. Klay is an elite defender.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
              The offensive comparison is apt. Klay is an elite defender.
              What worries me about Corey is I've seen mock drafts landing him in the dumpster fire...then I remembered the Nets don't have a first round pick until 2027. I salivate at the notion of Corey playing alongside Luka.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                Zag for Life
                • May 2008

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
                By that logic, they had enough information on Kispert to be drafted, at best, mid second round until...they added the information gleaned from his last twelve games.

Ayayi’s last four have been stellar. I have no doubt his next twenty, if they play that many, will be enough to move him dramatically up the draft board.
                Not at all what I said. In fact, if you read previously I addressed this directly.

The difference is that Corey improved the areas the NBA had an issue with by coming back. As for Ayayi, I said he has the same situation looming where he can work on what the NBA is concerned with and come back to show those areas. He could also just choose to go in the draft as he’d be a second rounder this year.

I don’t get why saying anything about a players game in context, regardless of true or not, is an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                  Zag for Life
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by Malastein View Post
                  Hard to predict exact draft position since a bad GM will pass on a really good player(see Clarke, Brandon), but I firmly believe that the Zags will have Kispert, Ayayi, and Suggs all go in the first round. I could see Ayayi potentially returning, but I think he’ll be projected as a top 20 pick by season’s end. His defense has improved immensely from last year, and his passing and rebounding have both been top notch. He, like Corey, has improved by leaps and bounds every year. Ayayi is a huge part of what the Zags are doing this year, and he is showing the ability to play the point. The biggest knock on him is that he hasn’t proven to be a consistent outside shooter, but his shot isn’t broken either. His game is somewhere in between Rajon Rondo and Draymond Green. He’s going to be drafted lower than he should be, but I think he’ll have a long career in the NBA.

I also think Timme will develop his game to fit what teams will want of him in the NBA. He’s a good passer for a post player, has great footwork, and can handle the ball off of rebounds. He is missing an outside shot, but he also doesn’t take many bad shots. I think Timme stays 1 more season before turning pro though, but who knows...
                  Honest question, what do you think Ayayi can do in the remaining season to address the NBA concerns and jump 20 plus spots in the draft rankings?

We all love our Zags players, but productivity at the college level is not the end all in the draft. My personal feeling is that Joel can play for many years in the NBA but I also think there is very little chance (near zero) he’d be a first rounder this year. Whether that affects his decision is a tough call. Can he take those next steps, like Kispert did, to move up boards from the mid second round to mid first round by coming back?

Comment

• Spike#1
                    Kennel Club Alum
                    • Oct 2016

Video interview from Alyssa Charleston with Corey, from the GU Men's FB Page:

Comment

• ZagsObserver
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                      Honest question, what do you think Ayayi can do in the remaining season to address the NBA concerns and jump 20 plus spots in the draft rankings?

We all love our Zags players, but productivity at the college level is not the end all in the draft. My personal feeling is that Joel can play for many years in the NBA but I also think there is very little chance (near zero) he’d be a first rounder this year. Whether that affects his decision is a tough call. Can he take those next steps, like Kispert did, to move up boards from the mid second round to mid first round by coming back?

A consistent 3-ball with a decent release time. That doesn’t happen in the middle of the season, however.

Comment

• WRHUradio
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Mar 2007

So happy for Joel.

I KNEW he was very young, but I wouldve bet my life that as a Redshirt-Junior he had already turned 21yrs old. WOW he is still two months from 21 holy cow.

Suggestion to fans, look around at all these draft boards annually, and look at how too-old for their grade these prospects are. This pisses me off so much because you have HS guys that are 18.5 years old that are 5 star, meanwhile they should be at least a freshman in college and could even be a SOPHOMORE if they were a regular student. Recruiting rankings in my opinion need to be adjusted and LIST the kids age. You have players separated by a full year or year and a half and yet are judged against one another.

Once again Zag fans, I think Mark Few and co. get this and dont fall for the hype.

Joel should absolutely be taken in the 1st round, NBA teams know that his upside is still years away, and has shown how he improves.

Comment

• ZionZag
                          Kennel Club
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by DZ View Post
                          Good post.

I'd like to see Timmie put on 15 lbs of muscle, all of it in his shoulders and hips
                          And his 3-pt shot

Comment

• rawkmandale
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2007

Kispert will be interviewed on ESPN2 in a few minutes - during halftime pf the Memphis game.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jun 2017

Originally posted by WRHUradio View Post
                              So happy for Joel.

I KNEW he was very young, but I wouldve bet my life that as a Redshirt-Junior he had already turned 21yrs old. WOW he is still two months from 21 holy cow.

Suggestion to fans, look around at all these draft boards annually, and look at how too-old for their grade these prospects are. This pisses me off so much because you have HS guys that are 18.5 years old that are 5 star, meanwhile they should be at least a freshman in college and could even be a SOPHOMORE if they were a regular student. Recruiting rankings in my opinion need to be adjusted and LIST the kids age. You have players separated by a full year or year and a half and yet are judged against one another.

Once again Zag fans, I think Mark Few and co. get this and dont fall for the hype.

Joel should absolutely be taken in the 1st round, NBA teams know that his upside is still years away, and has shown how he improves.
                              Kispert and Ayayi were in the same recruiting class. Kispert's birthday is March 5 and Ayayi's in March 3, but Kispert was born in 1999 and Ayayi 2000. The ESPN NBA draft guy said during the SMC game Ayayi would hear his name called this year in the 2nd round if he came out, or he could be a 1st round pick next year if he improved. If Ayayi could make the same jump he has the last 2 years he could definitely be a 1st rounder next year. He could be the leader of the number #1 team next year, just like Kispert this year. I wouldnt be surprised if he came back.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Kispert interview during halftime of last night Arizona vs Arizona State game:

Get the latest NCAA basketball news, scores, stats, standings, and more from ESPN.

Scroll down page to find video link. Can’t link directly to it
                                Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Working...
                                X