Thread: Ranking the top 25 players in men's college basketball for the 2020-21 season, versio

Default Ranking the top 25 players in men's college basketball for the 2020-21 season, versio

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...son-version-20

Apparently 4 Zags on the list, anyone with insider able to share where they are ranked and what's said for just our players?

3. Corey Kispert: Great Offensive rating, 48% From 3pt
    6. Drew Timme: Tache Power, Since Iowa has yet to pick up 4th foul and only 6 TO
    8 Jalen Suggs: High Steal %, potential top pick that is delivering
    19. Joel Ayayi: Team's best defensive rebounder, triple-double, 75% shooting inside the arc.

Seems pretty unfair for everyone else...my goodness we're stacked

Thanks

Blessed to have such talent. This is a title team.

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    3. Corey Kispert: Great Offensive rating, 48% From 3pt
    6. Drew Timme: Tache Power, Since Iowa has yet to pick up 4th foul and only 6 TO
    8 Jalen Suggs: High Steal %, potential top pick that is delivering
    19. Joel Ayayi: Team's best defensive rebounder, triple-double, 75% shooting inside the arc.
    All 4 hung around after the Virginia game for pictures and conversation. These brave young men defied the Coronavirus by briefly removing their masks when they took pictures. Apparently, herd immunity has been achieved, as there have been no reports of positive tests by the team, or by those that were at the game in Fort Worth (fingers still crossed, though).

There was no way Drew, in particular, wasn't going to come out. He had dozens of friends and family in the stands. One of his uncles flew in from Atlanta for the game.

They are all well spoken and friendly young men. I know Texas fans are upset that they lost Drew to the Zags. It hasn't helped that Will Baker flamed out, along with Hepa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...son-version-20

Apparently 4 Zags on the list, anyone with insider able to share where they are ranked and what's said for just our players?
    I’m assuming Butler has 4 on the list as well? Anyone confirm?
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    I’m assuming Butler has 4 on the list as well? Anyone confirm?
    I believe Gonzaga(4) and Baylor(2) are the only teams with multiple players.

2.Jared Butler
    14. Davion Mitchell

And where might Nemby be?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    And where might Nemby be?
    There are nimby's everywhere.
    At least someone, somewhere, is laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    All 4 hung around after the Virginia game for pictures and conversation. These brave young men defied the Coronavirus by briefly removing their masks when they took pictures. Apparently, herd immunity has been achieved, as there have been no reports of positive tests by the team, or by those that were at the game in Fort Worth (fingers still crossed, though).

There was no way Drew, in particular, wasn't going to come out. He had dozens of friends and family in the stands. One of his uncles flew in from Atlanta for the game.

They are all well spoken and friendly young men. I know Texas fans are upset that they lost Drew to the Zags. It hasn't helped that Will Baker flamed out, along with Hepa.
    Herd Immunity, is that a claim that a player made? Or just an opinion? Because that would be a significant story in itself.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    Herd Immunity, is that a claim that a player made? Or just an opinion? Because that would be a significant story in itself.
    Just my opinion, misguided though it may be. I'm mostly relieved that the Zags trip to Fort Worth was a nonevent, as to Covid.

Naivete

1. Garza
    2. Butler
    3. Corey Kispert, Gonzaga Bulldogs
    Player evaluation algorithms might need rewiring after confronting Gonzaga's in-depth excellence this season. Consider the category-defying example of Kispert. He's recording nearly the same share of his 2-point attempts at the rim that Zion Williamson did in 2019. Yet the senior's also hitting 48% of his 3s, and doing so at a volume (in terms of makes per game) equal to what we're seeing from, say, Marcus Zegarowski. The result is a stratospheric offensive rating that, doubtless, receives a boost from the presence of so many teammates on this top 25 list. Still, we were able to correctly appreciate Villanova's stellar individual performances in 2018 while acknowledging some spillover effects. It appears we will have to do the same with the Bulldogs in 2021.

6. Drew Timme, Gonzaga Bulldogs
    Maybe it's the mustache. Timme is sporting newly minted facial hair this season, and look at the results. The 6-foot-10 sophomore has preserved the dangerous 2-point shooting he displayed last year as, mostly, a reserve behind Filip Petrusev, only now he's recording those makes as a starter and the team's second-leading scorer. On a "normal" team where he was the featured scorer, he could well give Garza a run for his money in terms of 2-point makes per game. Speaking of Iowa, since fouling out against the Hawkeyes last month, Timme has yet to earn a fourth foul in any game. In much that same vein, over his past 177 minutes and 330 possessions of basketball, he has committed just six turnovers.

8. Jalen Suggs, Gonzaga Bulldogs
    With his creativity off the dribble, versatility and, not least, ability to thread half-court bounce passes through traffic, Suggs has been easily the most dynamic freshman in the country to this point in the season. He holds the highest steal percentage of any player on this list, and his work on the defensive glass at a listed height of 6-foot-4 has been outstanding. All of the above traits make Suggs likely to appear at or near the top of the statistical projections for 2021 draft picks when those roll out in a few weeks. Better still, from the perspective of GU fans, he's the rare one-and-done-level star who's delivering on that potential consistently as a freshman.

19. Joel Ayayi, Gonzaga Bulldogs
    Ayayi recording a triple-double, as he did last week against Portland, is hardly surprising. The junior is, after all, Gonzaga's best defensive rebounder at a listed height of 6-foot-5. He also dishes assists and steadfastly refuses to launch 2-point jumpers (posting a beautiful 75% success rate inside the arc as a result). No, the surprising news was surely that Ayayi had earned the first triple-double in program history. It might not have been the last.

it is my impression Suggs is rebuilding many of his fundamentals with Few,
    it seems to me he has throttled his ambition into long term growth, a little like KO's year off.
    i think of him as a speedboat with overwhelming power, but has to develop nuances as to when
    to lower the power sometimes for other developments such as
    protecting the ball better when driving,
    sizing up the defenders piling up in front of him to recognize when to use other options than to athletically power through them,
    long distance shooting consistency,
    greater awareness of avoiding injury when plowing into players, scorers table, diving recklessly, into danger. (this is something so evident between pros and college players in almost all sports)
    i think in high school he could defeat almost all defenders on him through his athleticism, quickness and power.
    coaches look like they have convinced him to size up his options more carefully before he acts, maybe call if craftiness
    just my opinion ...